FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I thought they stopped this

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by SuperXero SuperXero wrote:

Originally posted by TEHGANGSTER TEHGANGSTER wrote:

Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

I'd rather live for my country.
same here

You guys sound like you think you're doing your country a favour.

And your blatant, proud racism is doing a world of good for yours?
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:26pm
No, that's why I stopped.

But thanks for bringing it up out of nowhere for the umpteenth time.

Edit: That was almost a year ago as well.

Edited by SuperXero - 17 September 2006 at 9:26pm
Tenacious and Versatile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:31pm
I'm just saying, dont act like the ultimate citizen and look down on others who dont want to be killed in the military when you're a flawed individual as well.
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:37pm
I didn't say that I was the ultimate citizen, but to act like you're too good to lay down your life for your nation, when you're really not going to do your country any better otherwise (if either of the 3 guys I quoted develops a more efficient fuel system or something revolutionary like that, I will rescind my statement), then yes, I do hold myself over that.

"A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself. As long as justice and injustice have not terminated their ever renewing fight for ascendancy in the affairs of mankind, human beings must be willing, when need is, to do battle for the one against the other." - John Stuart Mill

Edit: It's hard to put that whole ordeal in the past and try to push on as a better person when people like you bring it up.

Edited by SuperXero - 17 September 2006 at 9:43pm
Tenacious and Versatile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:50pm
Who said they were too good for their country. I love my country, but I dont agree with the whole "die for your country" mentality. You think people are only contributing to society if they are revolutionizing mankind? The guy working your local landfill, what about him? He's not an inventor, he's not out fighting for what you think is right, but he's an integral part of your city.
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:55pm
Perhaps I miscommunicated/got off track, but what I meant was more along the lines of; if it's necessary to die for my country, then I would. That guy at the landfill may or may not, most people I know would say no and then spew out some leftist anti-bush argument that has no relation to the argument. What I meant about revolutionary inventions was that, sure if you decide to shirk your patriotic duty when called upon, then create something to better humanity, then good for you, but if you decide you're too important to consider dying for your nation, and go on living a mundane life filling a role that anyone could, then, don't feel you have deserved the freedoms your are granted and guaranteed by people who will.

Edited by SuperXero - 17 September 2006 at 9:58pm
Tenacious and Versatile
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:55pm
Haha. Trying to look down on people when he is in fact a racist.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:00pm

Perhaps I miscommunicated/got off track, but what I meant was more along the lines of; if it's necessary to die for my country, then I would. That guy at the landfill may or may not, most people I know would say no and then spew out some leftist anti-bush argument that has no relation to the argument.

That hasn't entered the equation yet. Don't try to rationalize someone elses disagreement with death by blaming their political views against your favorite president. There are hundreds and hundreds of reasons why people dont want to die, and they're different for each person.
What if theres a guy with two little kids at home, and their mom either died from say...cancer, or divorced/ moved, etc, so she isnt there.
Should that guy go die for his country, cause it's the heroic thing to do, leaving his two kids parentless? If he stayed to raise them, that's anti-bush nonsense?
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Perhaps I miscommunicated/got off track, but what I meant was more along the lines of; if it's necessary to die for my country, then I would. That guy at the landfill may or may not, most people I know would say no and then spew out some leftist anti-bush argument that has no relation to the argument.

That hasn't entered the equation yet. Don't try to rationalize someone elses disagreement with death by blaming their political views against your favorite president. There are hundreds and hundreds of reasons why people dont want to die, and they're different for each person.
What if theres a guy with two little kids at home, and their mom either died from say...cancer, or divorced/ moved, etc, so she isnt there.
Should that guy go die for his country, cause it's the heroic thing to do, leaving his two kids parentless? If he stayed to raise them, that's anti-bush nonsense?

I said that most people I know would spew out something about being anti-bush. Most people I know are teenagers in this, the biggest anti-war era, next to Vietnam. My point was that their arguments make no sense, not that I love Bush. I am in fact indifferent to Bush, but find that it's the "cool thing to do" to blame him or call him stupid. Again, I am speaking of most people I know.
Tenacious and Versatile
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:05pm

Originally posted by TEHGANGSTER TEHGANGSTER wrote:

Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

I'd rather live for my country.
same here

You guys sound like you think you're doing your country a favour.

heh heh, yeah, maybe like living to fight, rather than dying for science dumbass

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Haha. Trying to look down on people when he is in fact a racist.

And with that I guess I give up, I'm not going to post in this thread anymore, any point I ever try to make is overshadowed by a mistake I made a while back which people with nothing better to say (probably because I'm offending them by pointing out their apathetic attitude towards patriotism) bring up to try to get at me.
Tenacious and Versatile
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:11pm
Everyone now refer to superxero as Freedomxero. Or maybe superpatriot. Whichever works.

Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:36pm

How did this thread get off topic so fast?

TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:38pm
i think it had summat to do with freedomxerosuperpatriot......

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic