FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wii/ PS3 pre-order info....boo urns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 11:38am
i stopped by a gamestop AND an eb games store to check if this was true. both places say it is bull. they do, however, accept wii and ps3 software preorders right now. i was also told they are starting a 33% increase on trade-in value closer to the wii launch date.
XenoSabre View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
o@_ _ _ <-- Snail with diarrhea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XenoSabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 11:45am
The actual hardware probably will not be available for preorder. We learned our lesson with XB360. The PS3 is too much of a wildcard... The PAL date was canceled completely until 1st quarter '07 because of hardware shortages but Sony is still assuring us that they will ship all the units they had said they would earlier in the year (I can't remember the exact number but it was unrealisticly high).

I'm not saying you won't see pre-orders on the PS3 and Wii as we get closer to launch but the possiblilty is extremely low, especially in the case of the PS3.
[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/Xeno-Sabre/kutaragi.png">
http://xeno-sabre.deviantart.com/
Pate View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ladyboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 11:29pm
I stopped by my ebgames, and it was bulled too. I asked about pre-orders for ps3 and they said they were waiting to know the exact number there stores were getting. I remember hearing only 400,000 systems were coming to the US in the first shipment dealy. That bites hard.

It feels good to be a gangster
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 11:48pm
i have a gameboy

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:20am
We asked the EB here about pre-orders and this is what we got:

Us: hey, are you accepting pre-order for the wii yet?

EB: nope

Us: when will you be?

EB: Not sure, we'll know when they announce the release date

Us: They have..its november 19th.

EB: Oh...october then?

Us: ok then.....is it just cash down?

EB: I dunno, its special or something, but I dont know yet

Us: so, is it trade ins or something

EB: I dont know, I just know its special or something, we'll put up signs when we do pre-orders

Us: ok then...bye...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic