FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LCD VS. Plasma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LCD VS. Plasma
    Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:16pm
Which is better? I need to know which is better. Going to be getting a 50" and a 40". Flatpanel as well. I need to know which is better. Also, of the type thats better, who makes the best? Sony, or Mitsubishi, or Toshiba, or LG. Who? Thanks. Or if you know of something better than either of those let me know.
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:22pm
Plasma will always look nicer, LCD will always last longer. That's all you need to know. If you are getting one, get a Hitachi. 
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:28pm
plasma screens have a problem with images "burning into" the display and they also have to have there screens replaced after about seven years, which costs almost as much as the tv.  LCD does not have those problems if you get a newer model.  both have slight image lag though, not really noticable.  I would actually go projection if you dont mind the space, they dont have any of those problems.  i baught a JVC, there the best as far as projections go.  if you decide to go LCD(i'd go with this instead of plasma) stay away from the computer moniter manufacturers.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

plasma screens have a problem with images "burning into" the display and they also have to have there screens replaced after about seven years, which costs almost as much as the tv.  LCD does not have those problems if you get a newer model.  both have slight image lag though, not really noticable.  I would actually go projection if you dont mind the space, they dont have any of those problems.  i baught a JVC, there the best as far as projections go.  if you decide to go LCD(i'd go with this instead of plasma) stay away from the computer moniter manufacturers.

Ha.

You have no idea.

Might I recommend http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/idealbb/ ? I used to frequent that place and I had quite a few posts. They'll help you out.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 16 September 2006 at 4:30pm
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

Ha.

You have no idea.

Might I recommend http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/idealbb/ ? I used to frequent that place and I had quite a few posts. They'll help you out.

im not sure i get what you mean by "you have no idea"

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:36pm
I think he meant "you're wrong"
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:40pm
I've always thought as JVC as the lower-grade manufactor...Kinda like what are they called.. Magnavox?
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 5:03pm
magnavox is horrible.  yea i always thaught of JVS as lower grade until i spent 2 months doing research before finally settling on them.  you may think there third-party, but they actually make a good product, esspecially when it comes to projection tv's
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 5:18pm
Didn't know that, I know my school uses JVCS (well my old high-school) and I would always use my Pocket PC to change channels whenever our teacher made us watch CNN (Thank god JVC uses the universal I-R Code) I'll have to check out their projection tvs later on then.
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 5:55pm
Sharp is a very good LCD brand. I have a 26 inch lcd sharp flatscreen and there is no ghosting, the picture looks great, and the lcd itself looks good. 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 6:34pm

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I think he meant "you're wrong"

Yeah. I'm just saying that there is a big home theater world outside of the Best Buy showroom.

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 6:36pm
JVC is among the better brands of home electronics...they are one of the companies that actually do the research to develop new products...they invented VHS tapes.

I recommend LCD. While Plasma displays are getting better at burn-in issues, they are still prone to it. Another plus is that LCD costs are dropping in price. Of the four brands you mentioned, I'd say Mitsu or Toshiba, but find all four of them in a store, and see which looks best to you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 6:40pm

For the record, Fujitsu, Marantz, and Pioneer Elite plasma displays make my pants tight.

estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 8:38pm
My freind has like a 56" hitachi plasma widescreen with suround sound and an xbox 360. Amazing! I'm in love with it.
Thinking about it...
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:57pm
i dont know, im waiting for oled

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 12:39am
Yeah.. Hitachi's as I said are stunning and totally worth the $ you pay. Harmon Kardon is also the best sound system makers out there... if you really want that extra "bang" to your home theatre I would suggest nothing but them.

Edited by Tippmania - 17 September 2006 at 12:48am
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 12:43am

Again, no.

Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 12:47am
You don't believe that Harmon Kardon is one of the best sound-systems out there..? Guess you've never had one.

Edited by Tippmania - 17 September 2006 at 12:48am
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 12:50am

No, and quite frankly I prefer a Lexicon or Krell pre-amp with a Mcintosh amp.

Those you will not find in a Best Buy.

Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 1:08am
I have no experiance with them, our Harmon Kardon system was not found in a bestbuy though, we had to special order it. You have experianced GOOD Harmon Kardon systems before right?
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>