Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LCD VS. Plasma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 7:24pm

Don't know if this will help or not, just saw it and thought of this thread:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/14/technology/14basics.html?_ r=1&ref=technology&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:02am
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

oh and dont go projector...too expensive, doesnt have a good picture in a lit room, and once you buy a screen and a projector, and a stand for the projector, you might as well buy a new car.

I don't know about that...

True, you don't want front projection in a bright room, but you don't really need a dark room at all.  Projectors don't have viewing angle issues, don't have burn-in issues, and don't force you to buy a mediocre sound system just because it came in the same box.  You can also get a screen as big as your room will allow with only marginal increase in cost.

As to cost - very comparable to a quality TV set.  Projector + screen + installation:  Less than $5000, with all quality parts.  About the same as a high-end bigscreen.  Of course, you still have to get separate audio, but you would want to do that with your high-end TV anyway.

So for essentially the same cost, or less, you get a 90-inch, 100-inch, or more, instead of a 50-60-70 inch TV.

If your room allows for it, and if you were planning on upgraded audio anyway, front projection is pretty sweet.

darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:05am
get this

big plasma

i want...

btw, their 80" retails arond 40K

Edited by darkSIDEofMOON - 19 September 2006 at 12:06am
oh no, strikes...watch out now..oooohhh
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:10am
Originally posted by darkSIDEofMOON darkSIDEofMOON wrote:

get this

big plasma

i want...

btw, their 80" retails arond 40K

Does it have 6 cores though?

Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

In the last 2 or so years I have had and returned (to Costco) 4 or 5 HDTV's.

First off are you a costco member? If so you can buy a tv there and return it a year from now for a full refund.

I suggest Plasma just because it looks the best. Yes you do have to replace the screeen after a few years but if you got it from costco you can just return it.

I currently have a Vizio 50' Plasma. Its got an amazing picture for a very low price.

Buying from Costco = good, they will take back almost anything even if the 30-day return period is up! Not to mention excellent deals... we got our Sony 32 INCH Bravia HDTV for like 2,200 when at Bestbuy it was about 3,000$!
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123