FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LCD VS. Plasma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 1:12am

Model number? Speakers used? Any line conditioning? Wiring types/brand used? Input source used to test the audio?

errrbackagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errrbackagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 2:51am
if you go LCD, go Sharp, wont regret it.  and hybrid, you really do think you know everything dont you? i understand you have a opinion, but you dont have to be so shrewed in how you express it.

Edited by errrbackagain - 17 September 2006 at 2:51am
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 3:10am
Hybrid, I'll get that later on, it's my dad's system anyway not mine. I can get my buddy's system though... he has a harmon kardon and he says his system is just one step ahead of mine. You haven't heard how good surround sound can be until you play Call Of Duty 2 on his system 
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 3:22am

Originally posted by errrbackagain errrbackagain wrote:

and hybrid, you really do think you know everything dont you? i understand you have a opinion, but you dont have to be so shrewed in how you express it.

No, I am just saying that JVC and Harmon Kardon are not the holy grail of home theater equipment. I'm being "shrewed" because I am seeing all this BS being presented as fact.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 17 September 2006 at 3:22am
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 4:55am
Dude, Harmon Kardon is hailed as one of the BEST theater sound systems...I have never even heard of Lexicon or Krell until you mentioned them, that does say something. I've never heard ANYONE say Harmon Kardon is bad or not too good..except for you.
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Tippmania Tippmania wrote:

Dude, Harmon Kardon is hailed as one of the BEST theater sound systems...I have never even heard of Lexicon or Krell until you mentioned them, that does say something. I've never heard ANYONE say Harmon Kardon is bad or not too good..except for you.

So, the fact you havent heard of something means it sucks?
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 7:22am
I think this boils down to : What is the best for certain price range. I personally like the Sony BXR2 46inch LCD , but this is a middle of the road set when comparing the whole spectrum of what is available. When it comes to sound , it's your ears, get what YOU think sounds best.

Edited by cus98tom - 17 September 2006 at 7:27am
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 8:11am
I just wanted info. Not a debate.. thanks for the help those that did.
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:34am
i think hs is probably right, because it might be one of those, so good, its rare type of thing

here ya go
http://www.krellonline.com/index.php

looks pretty nice to me......

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 2:33pm
Screw it, just get a projector....

MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

and hybrid, you really do think you know everything dont you? i understand you have a opinion, but you dont have to be so shrewed in how you express it.

No, I am just saying that JVC and Harmon Kardon are not the holy grail of home theater equipment. I'm being "shrewed" because I am seeing all this BS being presented as fact.

no one ever said that any of this was fact, everyone here is talking from experience (at least i am).  now, what makes what your saying fact over anything else?  your just expressing your oppinion just like the rest of us, no need to make it personal.

oh and dont go projector...too expensive, doesnt have a good picture in a lit room, and once you buy a screen and a projector, and a stand for the projector, you might as well buy a new car.

Edited by MilSimBaller - 17 September 2006 at 3:53pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

no one ever said that any of this was fact, everyone here is talking from experience (at least i am).  now, what makes what your saying fact over anything else?  your just expressing your oppinion just like the rest of us, no need to make it personal.

oh and dont go projector...too expensive, doesnt have a good picture in a lit room, and once you buy a screen and a projector, and a stand for the projector, you might as well buy a new car.

"Harmon Kardon is also the best sound system makers out there... "

"I baught a JVC, there the best as far as projectors go"

Those are not opinions, and if they are they are not presented as such.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 17 September 2006 at 4:44pm
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 5:05pm

Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

"Harmon Kardon is also the best sound system makers out there... "

"I baught a JVC, there the best as far as projectors go"

Those are not opinions, and if they are they are not presented as such.

Incase you didn't catch on Hybrid, if you read my sentance "Harmon Kardon is also the best bla bla" it's missing "One" of the best, I wrote that at 4:11 A.M. so cut me some slack. And NO Choopie, if you haven't heard of something it dosen't mean it's CRAP, But if you've never heard a system and that lil system is not in-stores to test.....why get it? I would never purchase something that expensive w\o knowing atleast the remote quality of it, Sure it could be 9,000$+ So what? They can charge as much as they want even more so if you have to directly order it from them. I'll stick with Harmon Kardon thank you very much.
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 5:17pm

I quoted the post at 10:39 PM from the first page, but I like how you are slowly changing your stance.

This is getting stupid. I'll stop now.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 17 September 2006 at 5:19pm
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 5:51pm
ok guys, when on subjects like this, no one reads it and thinks "ok he said it so it must be true" so obviously no ones going to take it that way.its all a matter of experience im sure so lets either let this thread die or give the man some good advice.  lemme know what you go with kris and how it suits you.
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:35pm

Plasma will always look nicer, LCD will always last longer. That's all you need to know. If you are getting one, get a Hitachi. 

I brought a Hitachi 52 inch LCD TV last year. Paid around $2500 with a 3 year warranty. Its a good thing I got the extended warranty. The thing has been in the shop twice already, and about to go again. If your going to by a TV get something made right, like a Sony. I'll never buy anything by Hitachi again.

Edited by CarbineKid - 17 September 2006 at 10:36pm
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 8:27am
I enjoy playing Oblivion on my 65" Toshiba. Heck, almost any game. I'm sure it's not the best tv on the market, but I like it. It's a projection. It's like video game submersion.

Although I tried playing FFVII on it, but it was so pixelated at that size that I got a headache.

Edited by reifidom - 18 September 2006 at 8:28am

Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 9:21am
Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

Plasma will always look nicer, LCD will always last longer. That's all you need to know. If you are getting one, get a Hitachi. 

I brought a Hitachi 52 inch LCD TV last year. Paid around $2500 with a 3 year warranty. Its a good thing I got the extended warranty. The thing has been in the shop twice already, and about to go again. If your going to by a TV get something made right, like a Sony. I'll never buy anything by Hitachi again.

Made right like a Sony? Sony used to be good, now their tv's are basically priced so high because of the brand name. We have a SONY LCD 32INCH Bravia HD I'll admit.. it's pretty good, but for the same price you could get a much bigger, BETTER TV, Also, Hybrid, I forgot that I have to go back, waste more time at looking of my exact post time, and then state it perfectly to get people to not be smart about it eh?

Edited by Tippmania - 18 September 2006 at 9:22am
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 6:32pm
You said it, not me. Don't make your idiocy my fault.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 7:08pm

In the last 2 or so years I have had and returned (to Costco) 4 or 5 HDTV's.

First off are you a costco member? If so you can buy a tv there and return it a year from now for a full refund.

I suggest Plasma just because it looks the best. Yes you do have to replace the screeen after a few years but if you got it from costco you can just return it.

I currently have a Vizio 50' Plasma. Its got an amazing picture for a very low price.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic