FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I must of missed something

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I must of missed something
    Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:35am
The muslim world again is in a total uproar, well covered in the media (enabling them a little don't you think)about a misunderstood comment by the Pope. Yet each day muslim clerics pointedly, publically and directly condemn christianity, America or whoever and not a peep from the media. And no apologies requested or required on offending the infidel.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:48am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

The muslim world again is in a total uproar, well covered in the media (enabling them a little don't you think)about a misunderstood comment by the Pope. Yet each day muslim clerics pointedly, publically and directly condemn christianity, America or whoever and not a peep from the media. And no apologies requested or required on offending the infidel.

Pope angers all Muslims with possible comments. By "all," I mean the normal everyday Muslim.

Muslim extremists are the ones condeming all Christians and American and all that.

The two points are not applicable.

You do know that all Muslims are not extremists and terrorists, right?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:53am
The way the media is portraying it, supports the every muslim bias, I do not, a bit of comman sense. I have read the Koran, I understand Joe Ahkmed the muslim is usually just a pawn in the game.

If it is such a minority, why does the media splash it on the front page, and in the sensationalized styling they are currently using.

Edited by oldsoldier - 16 September 2006 at 10:55am
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:59am

If it is such a minority, why does the media splash it on the front page, and in the sensationalized styling they are currently using.

Honestly now, that is like asking why the media is covering the people protesting the funerals of soldiers with anti-homosexual signs, but not Joe Schmoe Christian.

The average Muslim is a normal well thought out person. Why would the media need to cover him/her?

The media covers the extremists becuase they happen to be the ones that want to kill us.

Are you honestly trying to argue that the majority of Muslim's are extremists? If you are we can stop right now, you have just gone senile.

STOcocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Forum Halo Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOcocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Are you honestly trying to argue that the majority of Muslim's are extremists? If you are we can stop right now, you have just gone senile.

I would love to see what he can come up with for that arguement.
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:16am
Originally posted by STOcocker STOcocker wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I would love to see what he can come up with for that arguement.

me too

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:38am
Lets try this again. The minority (the extremist) as a matter of policy, fermets sectorian violence among the many (joe average muslim)in order to further thier goals. They (the minority extremists)view thier holy book with a bias that condones thier actions, against other sects within thier religion who do not believe as they do in thier readings,and the infidel (us, the non-believer).

My primary concern here is the media portrayal of these radicals. When they see the coverage in western media it emboldens and enables them as they see thier minority message seen as the majority to joe average christian, furthering the anti-islam feeling, hense an easier job in fermenting support within thier communities. We ignore and not cover these views, the purpose is no longer clear and the movement slows.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 12:57pm
Just remember this, all that support within the communities is in the middle-east. Keep in mind, there are Muslims elsewhere in the world; with the highest concentrations in the far east I believe. So consider this before your next arguments.

And as for people condemning other people's religions. That's natural and no one should be offended. Anyone who follows religion believes that their own religion is the ONLY way to heaven or whatever "good" place they go after death. It's nonsense for either side to say anything.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 1:40pm

Tolga & Whale's point aside, you are inventing conspiracies here, OS.

The media just wants to make a sale.

"Muslim insults Christianity" won't sell any papers.

"Muslims angry about statement by Pope" sells papers.

Simple, really

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 1:45pm
I'm going to go with Clark on one part. Its all about sales. The media goes with what sells. Until people stop letting Christianty bashing then its never going to say "Muslim Cleric slaims Christianity."
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Tolga & Whale's point aside, you are inventing conspiracies here, OS.

The media just wants to make a sale.

"Muslim insults Christianity" won't sell any papers.

"Muslims angry about statement by Pope" sells papers.

Simple, really

well put. my only problem is why it still makes money. you'd think reporting the same thing over and over would de-sensitize the audience to the issue or at the very least cause them to look for some other issue to learn about/pursue.
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 1:19am
It's kind of funny. From what I understand, the pope quoted a 14th century Byzantine emperor saying that Muslims are violent.

Immediately following, there are widespread reports of violent acts and threats of retaliation.
Tenacious and Versatile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic