Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Punk...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Punk...
    Posted: 16 September 2006 at 2:43am
punk is dead...but i love it. argue.
Just Shoot Me View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Shoot Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 2:44am

Punk is annoying.

kthnxbye.

My sig was too big, and I have the imagination of a dead vole, so I'm just gonna use this...
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:23am
God... I forgot how annoying it was when people said "kthnxbye" online....anyway, YES, Punk is dead.... why are we argueing on this? Look back on Dead Kennedy's, Misfits, and so forth... yes, it's dead... something tells me this thread won't be that popular
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 8:49am
nofx AAA bad religion
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:32am
Haha.

Punk is very much alive and well.
I do not know why so many people say that it is dead. Mostly because they do not know any better. Ignorance plays a part. They first off do not even know what Punk is, and they heard somone say "Punk is dead" once, so they just go with it, not even bothering thinking on their own.

Go out and look for bands. And no, not MTV bands or radio bands, or even main label bands. Go to local clubs. Ask some punks about local bands, they will know. And yes, the Punk (person, not music) exists.

If all you know is Dead Kennedys and Misfits (Both of who are still touring) then you might say it is dead, but there are consantly newer bands coming out of the street and scene. Bands that keep the same drive and mindset, but can mix different styles of energy into them. Just look into the history of Punk if you doubt me. The first big wave of Punk came in 1972, and ever since then people who have no idea what they are talking about have been saying "Punk is dead." Up into 1977, with the advent of the UK77 style, and then again in 1983, in 1988, and then in the early 90's. It goes in and out with new bands making it big on the scene. Just because you never hear about the bands on the mainstream does not mean they are not a huge part of the underground.

So no, punk is not dead. That is just fact. Not the music or the lifestyle. As long as people in the counterculture still feel the need to make alternative artistic expression, Punk rock will always be there.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 16 September 2006 at 10:40am

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:40am
I'm not too big into punk anymore. I was back in middle school, but I just grew out of it. I still appreciate it, but I don't go out of my way to get some punk album. I'm more into post-punk stuff now.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

I'm not too big into punk anymore. I was back in middle school, but I just grew out of it. I still appreciate it, but I don't go out of my way to get some punk album. I'm more into post-punk stuff now.

It is really neat to look how Punk, the music and the culture, influenced generations of music far past it's conception. It is clear when you see just how much music now-a-days is catagorized post-punk.

(I did a research paper on the history and cultural impact of the Punk counter-culture, I am not trying to be showy)

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 10:50am
Uhh...wow... Guess Anti-Flag, NOFX, Bad Religion, Less Than Jake, The Misfits, Street Dogs, I think you get the point, etc.. are all what kind of bands now? Not to mention ska and
I need a new Sig...
STOcocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Forum Halo Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOcocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Uhh...wow... Guess Anti-Flag, NOFX, Bad Religion, Less Than Jake, The Misfits, Street Dogs, I think you get the point, etc.. are all what kind of bands now? Not to mention ska and

Isn't Less Than Jake a ska band? But yes, punk is definitely not dead.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:05am
Originally posted by STOcocker STOcocker wrote:

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Isn't Less Than Jake a ska band? But yes, punk is definitely not dead.

They go in and out from being Ska and Punk. They dropped the honrs alot on the new album. They go back and forth between punk (Motown Never Sounded So Good, Overrated) and ska (Science of Selling Yourself Short, Look What Happened)

TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:17am
punk lives, is just not very popular anymore, hell just about anything you can think of as a fad still has some avid fans, disco, pokemon, etc......

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:19am
Yeah, punk isn't dead and it has had a major effect on culture. It branched out and formed all these different genres and inspired lots of bands. It's really done a lot for music, and will continue to.

estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:19am

Originally posted by TEHGANGSTER TEHGANGSTER wrote:

punk lives, is just not very popular anymore, hell just about anything you can think of as a fad still has some avid fans, disco, pokemon, etc......

You know, for some reason I just can't stop agreeing with you. 

Thinking about it...
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:47am
Punk is still around. It's just harder to find because of all the supposed "punk" bands on MTV (good charlette ). Bands like NOFX and Bad Religion are still alive and well.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 12:13pm
lolz
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 12:45pm
some punk bands are classified as alternative now, but I still enjoy some punk every once in awhile
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 12:47pm
I would say Less Than Jake is more punk than ska these days which is why I grouped them as so. I'm actually grooving to Nervous in the Alley right now.
I need a new Sig...
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 3:25pm
I love how people always say "Punk is dead" without having any info to back up their claim. It's such a cliche thing to say. If you think punk is dead, you're not listening to the right bands.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

I love how people always say "Punk is dead" without having any info to back up their claim. It's such a cliche thing to say. If you think punk is dead, you're not listening to the right bands.
Usually the only people who say this listen to the Ramones and the Misfits and that's about it. Punk is as alive as ever, nuff said.
I need a new Sig...
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 4:32pm
tae kwon do, i do listen to other bands(anti flag, misfits, bad religioun, ramones, sex pistols, dead kennedys) its just that its gone.  no recognition for it or anything, and yes mtv sucks...i hate music television
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic