FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Punk...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

tae kwon do, i do listen to other bands(anti flag, misfits, bad religioun, ramones, sex pistols, dead kennedys) its just that its gone.  no recognition for it or anything, and yes mtv sucks...i hate music television

I am confused at what you are saying.

Are you trying to say it is not mainstream?

Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 7:08pm
punk is kind of dead on longisland...all of our underground stuff is going mainstream so it kind of sucks...ie, brand new, taking back sunday, just surrender, the movielife

STOcocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Forum Halo Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOcocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

I would say Less Than Jake is more punk than ska these days which is why I grouped them as so. I'm actually grooving to Nervous in the Alley right now.

Ah good to know. I haven't listened to them since the "Science of Selling Yourself Short" days. I'm going to have to check out some of their other stuff.
errrbackagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errrbackagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 2:54am

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

tae kwon do, i do listen to other bands(anti flag, misfits, bad religioun, ramones, sex pistols, dead kennedys) its just that its gone.  no recognition for it or anything, and yes mtv sucks...i hate music television

I am confused at what you are saying.

Are you trying to say it is not mainstream?

no im just saying that around here, hard core is taking over...and the whole hard core scene is a joke....there all kidding themselves with there little bandanas hanging out there pockets, so punks kinda frowned upon.

Edited by errrbackagain - 17 September 2006 at 2:55am
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 11:56am
Saying Punk is dead is saying Metal is dead. There are so many off-shoots of Punk that it cannot die. Its rooted in alot of music we hear today, sure, it doesn't all sound the same, but it's punk.

And I hate MTV because for some reason, because once Punk gets accepted by the media, its no longer punk. Punk is basically a big FU to the world, but how could it be FU when the world is accepting it. That is the only reason I hate MTV, they take my favorite bands and take away their meaning.

Can you guys point me to some good underground ones? Right now I can really only find alot of Indie and Emo, which I like, but I really want to find some more, true punk bands.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 1:45pm

Punk isnt dead.

But yes, the media and mainstream kills many bands. Example: Greenday. Pre-Dookie was pretty much completely punk, Dookie and afterwords was still punk, but more of a mainstream punk band. American Idiot comes along (Which was basically Greenday saying FU to Bush and other things) goes 100% mainstream and is no longer punk.

Sad?

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 1:47pm
/thread?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Can you guys point me to some good underground ones? Right now I can really only find alot of Indie and Emo, which I like, but I really want to find some more, true punk bands.

The Scotch Greens.
The Briggs.
ThrowRag.
Street Dogs.
Roger Merrit and the Disasters.
Bouncing Souls

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 2:42pm

The Scotch Greens.
The Briggs.
ThrowRag.
Street Dogs.
Bouncing Souls

The Lawrence Arms
The Dead Pets
Leftover Crack
The Adicts
Anti-Heroes
Defiance, Ohio

MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 3:46pm

The Scotch Greens.
The Briggs.
ThrowRag.
Street Dogs.
Bouncing Souls

gotta love the bouncing souls

the flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 6:32pm
punk is awsome it is one of my favorite styles of music these days

perhaps the greatest movie ever
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 6:34pm
big wig awsome band!!! plus there from new jersey
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 6:38pm

I wish punk was dead

id rather listen to Trent Reznor any day thanks

Edited by little devil - 17 September 2006 at 6:46pm
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:19pm
I saw Lemonface, The Dead Pets, The Briggs and Flogging Molly last year for my birthday. Best show i've ever been to.
I need a new Sig...
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by errrbackagain errrbackagain wrote:

tae kwon do, i do listen to other bands(anti flag, misfits, bad religioun, ramones, sex pistols, dead kennedys) its just that its gone.† no recognition for it or anything, and yes mtv sucks...i hate music television
I am confused at what you are saying.Are you trying to say it is not mainstream?

no im just saying that around here, hard core is taking over...and the whole hard core scene is a joke....there all kidding themselves with there little bandanas hanging out there pockets, so punks kinda frowned upon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought hard core and punk were basically the same thing, just different names.

I wish punk/hardcore would die, it's annoying.
Tenacious and Versatile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by SuperXero SuperXero wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought hard core and punk were basically the same thing, just different names.

Stupidest. Statement. Ever.

Don't you have White Power literature to be handing out?

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

I saw Lemonface, The Dead Pets, The Briggs and Flogging Molly last year for my birthday. Best show i've ever been to.
I saw the same bands together, minus Lemonface. Black 17 tour?

That was my 3rd time seeing Flogging Molly, and I swear, it's better ever time I see them.

Originally posted by SuperXero SuperXero wrote:

Stupidest. Statement. Ever.

Don't you have White Power literature to be handing out?

Yeah....Hardcore and Punk are not the same thing at all.  There is such a thing as Hardcore Punk, but that still isn't Hardcore.  Nice try though. Hardcore kinda grew out of punk, but now the two are kinda seperate animals.

Edited by Benjichang - 18 September 2006 at 12:11am
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 1:17am

how can punk die, if it kicks everyones' asses?

but seriusly, How is punk dead?  There are tons of punk shows that are still touring...  most of the bands dating back before you even heard of punk.  Just because punk isn't "mainstream" doesn't mean it's dead. 

Another thing, go up to a guy with a mohawk and tell him "punk is annoying". 

X
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 6:27am
Yeah Benji, Black 17. Lemonface is a DC band that played at 9:30 club in DC when I saw them, and they were all about 13-14 years old at the time and pretty damn good.

Edit: The Dead Pets were effing amazing, the singer dove into the crowd off a stack of amps that towered higher than the second story balcony. It was awesome.

Edited by Apu - 18 September 2006 at 6:29am
I need a new Sig...
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2006 at 9:29am
I saw a show of the Sex Pistols last night. Good show mate! Also, Blonde is the Queen of punk.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic