Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loud pop when i unscrew co2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shp_pirate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shp_pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loud pop when i unscrew co2
    Posted: 14 September 2006 at 6:19pm
the other day when i took my co2 out it made a very loud pop noise just before it was all the way unscrewed. at first i just thought it was a one time thing but just now it happened again... anyone know what the problem could be?
Custom Pro
E-Trigger
Crossfire 4500 tank
J&J 14 in. Full Tilt Barrel
Cyclone Feeder
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 7:03pm
thats natural
what?
shp_pirate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shp_pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 7:07pm
yeah but its never happened before and its never happened when im playing with anyone or when i use my remote hookup
Custom Pro
E-Trigger
Crossfire 4500 tank
J&J 14 in. Full Tilt Barrel
Cyclone Feeder
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 10:40pm
That pop and the rush of air is the gas that's left in your gun escaping. The solution is to fire off a couple of shots just before you reach that point, and it will use up that gas instead of blasting out and blowing the crap out of your tank o-ring.
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 11:59pm
That is completly normal, I don't know how it could have never happend before.. if it bothers you that much get an on\off valve on your tank....
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by shp_pirate shp_pirate wrote:

the other day when i took my co2 out it made a very loud pop noise just before it was all the way unscrewed. at first i just thought it was a one time thing but just now it happened again... anyone know what the problem could be?

As others have said, it's normal, but sounds like you need to oil the "O" ring on the bottle.

Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 9:58pm
Just do what I did.. install a Smart Parts On\Off Valve (Stay away from those lame Pin-Vavles they leak easily) I have NEVER had to replace an O-Ring.
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Bandit5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandit5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2006 at 12:01am
Or, just take a new approach to taking your tank off.

Unscrew the tank about two turns, the turn the gun upside down, point it at the ground, and fire a few times, the gun will be out of air quickly.  Then you can unscrew your tank with no noise and no damage to your o-rings.

Edited by Bandit5 - 16 September 2006 at 12:01am
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 1:37pm

Originally posted by Bandit5 Bandit5 wrote:

Or, just take a new approach to taking your tank off.

Unscrew the tank about two turns, the turn the gun upside down, point it at the ground, and fire a few times, the gun will be out of air quickly.  Then you can unscrew your tank with no noise and no damage to your o-rings.

At my field, if you just happened to forget before you walked off the playing area, you are out of luck. Firing your marker outside of the play area will get you in more trouble than firing full auto, bunkering, or ramping velocity.

Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 3:34pm
^^^^^ Same, they will instantly kick you out of the field and tell you to go home.. do it a second time and you can't come back. You need to remember the risks of Paintball....some people use barrel plugs, which the plastic has been known to wear off after being put in many times, so when they fire BAM! Flies out, nails someone in the eye, nice law-suit. The paint-ball field is NOW in BIG trouble.... good short story eh?
Tippmann A-5
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
 Post Reply Post Reply