Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Expansion Chamber in-line with remote?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SaintRigger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaintRigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expansion Chamber in-line with remote?
    Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:52pm
This might seem like a stupid question - but, I'd feel dumber not asking it. :)

Is there a way to get an expansion chamber in-line with a remote.  Ie, have the remote line connect to the marker, down to a hip pocket or pouch through an expansion chamber and then to a bottle - or am I completely misunderstanding the way expansion chambers work?  Basically, I'd like to get one - but I'd like to not have to mount it directly to my marker, if that makes sense - I'd rather hump it on a harness with my tank.

I currently am using an A5 with an RT.
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 2:20pm
yes you can... just get the right connectors... im not sure what kind of connectors your remote line has on it so i cant tell you if you need an adapter or not
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaintRigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 2:41pm
Well

I don't have a remote yet.  Nor do I have an expansion chamber - so I'm completely open to suggestions :)
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:54pm
just get the tippmann expansion chamber run that to where the stock asa is and then screw in your remote to that
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:09pm
You dont need an expansion chamber at all with a remote setup. The remote hose functions as a giant expansion chamber, giving the liquid co2 plenty of surface area to absorb heat from.

An expansion chamber with a remote would be more than a bit choked, it seems to me. As well as waste lots of gas when you shut off the tank valve, and then discharge any air remaining in the remote and x-chamber.
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 8:02pm
Hey Enos, what is the avatar in your sig from?
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaintRigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 9:37am
So there is no real benefit then?  I was wondering if the expansion chamber would help maintain a more consistant output for the marker.

Ideally I'd like to go to HPA, but there aren't many places to get a bottle refilled locally for me right now - so I am "stuck" with C02.
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 10:22am
Yes, even though the Remote would act as a "decent" expansion line, you could almost completly fix the C02 problem if you hooked up an 8-Stage X-Core. With C02 the more places it has to expand the better. I'm useing C02 w\ anti-siphon right now and NO PROBLEMS at ALL I never freeze up, but I will be adding a X-Core to just completly fool-proof it.

Edited by Tippmania - 14 September 2006 at 10:23am
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail