Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann C-3 MY Review, Pros\Cons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann C-3 MY Review, Pros\Cons
    Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:01am
Since I finally got my C-3 today and I am bored I decided I would do a short summary of the C-3's performance....
Pros:
1. Pretty accurate, about as accurate as a Pro-Carbine
2. Don't have to worry about how much air you have left
3. Pumping action is very smooth and easy
4. You can do crazy pumping moves with it such as flipping it to pump it which impresses random people
5. Less money spent on paintball since you aren't useing anywhere near as many, you make your shots COUNT
6. - Loud could be a con but I like it...
Cons:
1. Primeing.. very annoying, DO NOT fill your hopper until you have pumped and fired ATLEAST four times.
2. Smell of propane.. not too bad but some people hate it
3. Low R.O.F. expected you just have to be a good shot
4. Some people are scared of it because it uses propane.. they think if they get shot it will hurt them alot more lol.
5. Gets a little warm after firing which at first can bother you
6. Field-Stripping.. basically it's about as hard as a 98, if you break a ball there is no way that squeegee will get it all out (I haven't broken a ball yet just stateing the obvious)

To sum it all up the C-3 is a very impressive gun.. first of it's kind of course. Some people who have not used it say that it is bad because it uses propane and is a pump? The only bad thing is the priming, if you have decent aiming skills pump is fine  you don't have to spray and pray. C-3 is sturdy, can't tell you on how long the O-rings and all that last however I would assume awhile. Within a year it will pay for itself if you have two 20oz C02 tanks at 5$ per fill. One propane tank lasts 50,000 shots... with a pump that's about a year of play if not more. I recommend this to anyone who is getting tired of having to refill on air.

Edited by RevoXT - 13 September 2006 at 10:27am
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:23am
I'm a big fan of pump guns. I might look at getting one. The impressive shot count per tank fill is a big sell. And the smell could be my hallmark.

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:26am
The ability to not worry about air is what sold me out... that and it IS a Tippmann gun , I don't mind pumps.. reminds me of the good'ol pump-action shotguns..and C-3 is quite loud as well.

Edited by RevoXT - 13 September 2006 at 10:26am
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:28am
I'd like to see pump guns come into a much wider market. I think if more players could get over the idea of not having the highest rate of fire on the field they could really enjoy playing with a pump gun. Hopefully the advantages here will expose more people to a 'new' type of game.

Loud you say? Like SL-68II loud? It's always fun to carry a cannon onto the field.

Edited by reifidom - 13 September 2006 at 10:29am

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:47pm
if i still played i would get one.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:39pm
I heard the explode.

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 2:19pm

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:01pm
cool. another c-3 thread.
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:34pm
It's about as loud as my A-5 w\ Flatline so yes, pretty loud, however it dosen't make a "Bang" it makes more of a "crack" like a 22. cal rifle
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

cool. another c-3 thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic