FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying cellular telephony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying cellular telephony
    Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:36pm
Well, it's finally time,I've broken down, I have to get a cell phone. After years of claiming wildly that I'd never own one, and I would only have a landline with no answering machine.

And I am overwhelmed by the sexy.

But seriously, I have some particular needs in choosing a phone.
-I do not care about mp3 playback, that's what my Ipod is for.
-Games, web browsing, etc. Not important, because really, who wants to do that on a tiny, cramped keypad?
-Design is a big factor, I like my gadgets to be damn sexy! I also really enjoy slider style phones, and abhor most flip phones, bricks are ok.
-I will be using this phone in North America (Oregon to be exact), and on the Cingular netowork, to mesh with the rest of my family's plan.
-Cost, Well, not expensive.        The cheaper the better, within reason.

Though it seems to be out of my price range, I do enjoy the design of the K800i.
I dislike Razr's, but if worst comes to worst, Cingular is constantly having deals on them...

EDIT: there is currently a deal for a free Motorola L2 with activation + 2 years

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 12 September 2006 at 9:43pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:38pm
Chocolate?  It's sort of a slider, and I think Cingular is the only company with them right now.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Chocolate?  It's sort of a slider, and I think Cingular is the only company with them right now.
That'd be Verizon.

Edit:It's such a pain in the ass to get ahold of somebody without a cell phone..

Edited by Apu - 12 September 2006 at 9:41pm
I need a new Sig...
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Chocolate? It's sort of a slider, and I think Cingular is the only company with them right now.

Verizon has the Chocolate. made by LG
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:44pm
Yeah, I really like the [ad campaign] for the chocolate, it was very well done. the phone itself, The reviews are all the same - Meh.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:47pm
Razr?

MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:53pm
no dont go with the razr, they are VERY delicate.  i had a customer the other day walk in front on my register and drop it from waist height (she was rather short) and it broke in three.  i also personally know 3 people who have had one and it lasted no more then 7 months
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:55pm
I have a RAZR, its not a bad phone. It works well for me and was very cheap. I have a case for it and it is pretty durable. All cell phones are fragile, just don't drop them.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:56pm
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:57pm
You can get a GSM version of the "Chocolate." It's called the KG800.
STOcocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Forum Halo Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOcocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:59pm
Motorola L2
or
Cingular 2125

The first one seems like a pretty simple phone. It has all the basic features and bluetooth. The second is more like a PDA/phone, but still cool.
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:05pm

i got my L2 yesterday in the mail

it feels realy durable

the backplate is aluminum instead of plastic

and its pretty easy to use

get it

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:05pm

I would just stick with whatever is free. The way phone technology is evolving these days getting a expensive fone is a waste cause in a month its outta date.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Da Hui - 12 September 2006 at 10:06pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I would just stick with whatever is free. The way phone technology is evolving these days getting a expensive fone is a waste cause in a month its outta date.

Edited for spelling.

Ugh, well, the l2 is free with a plan, but the standard flip phones that they normally have as freebies disgust me.

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/8801/0,7747,,00.html
Uber sexy, but $600+ ?

Originally posted by STOcocker STOcocker wrote:

Motorola L2orCingular 2125The first one seems like a pretty simple phone. It has all the basic features and bluetooth. The second is more like a PDA/phone, but still cool.
That second one is pretty cool looking, I shall look into it.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Edited for spelling.

Ugh, well, the l2 is free with a plan, but the standard flip phones that they normally have as freebies disgust me.

[.

If you could deal with not liking the free phone for a year you could just upgrade it. Most carriers give you plentiful discounts on upgrading your phone, but your contract will be renewed.

HeadHunter59 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dial down the center!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadHunter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:24pm
Motorla L2 can get it free from cingular! Thats what i did got ride my flip and went for that. Love it so much better..
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:27pm

paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:54pm
not to jack this thread or anything but does anybody have any software so i can put pics on my phone [motorola L2] through the cable?? becuz i have the cabe just noo software
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:55pm
¿Dónde está su Dios ahora?

WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:25pm
Kyocera KX12.  Extremely durable (Its fallen out of my pocket while going 30mph on a bike, nothing except a little torn piece of rubber, have almost completely submerged it in water, still works great).  It cost me $50, but it is well worth it.  I also has a built in LED flashlight on top, overall it looks great IMO.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic