Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American History X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:36am
Why did I just get a strike even though I pre-censored what I was saying....lol
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:13am
Cause that's a filter dodge....
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:23am
......... saying bull then hockey would technically be a filter dodge as well....but people here do that all the time.... for all you know the lil * stars could have been saying spit lol
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:29am
then just say spit. Dont try to argue with the mods, they > you. In fact most members > you.
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:32am
Is it the mods that are censoring me or the filters? I can understand if I actually SAY the word... but if I censor it just like they do....where's the harm..? I'm doing exactly what they would do lol
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:46am
Hrmm forum ate my post?

Anyhow, I find it interesting how the forum modding evolves.  The same people who hated KRL so much and are mods now follow his old policies.  Although, I guess they are a little more easy they he was, if you had **edited** in your post that meant a strike.  Just a thought.

Edited by Darur - 13 September 2006 at 3:48am
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 4:04am
Strange modding... but oh well
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 4:07am
Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

Strange modding... but oh well

Oh no, not that, I'm just reflecting on how forums cycle.  Members so ardently against rules enforce them when they are in the possition.

Just a random late night thought

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 4:14am
lol when they are incharge I guess they like to show everyone that they have power? guess I'd do the same
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 9:00am

Clearly my thoughts on the difference between racists and muslims need some work.  I can't help but think there IS a difference though - just can't put my finger on it. 

It may have something to do with the place of religion in history - emos may get beaten up, but massive wars are started over religious differences.  Maybe it is just a matter of scale?

Hmm.  Thoughts needed.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 9:11am

Clark, by the "illegals" I mean the ones who work around here which I
know for a fact, are illegal since I know the builder that hires them.

So you were only commenting on the driving of the 150 illegal construction workers?  Out of all the bad Mexican drivers in Atlanta, you were limiting your comments to these 150?

And that still doesn't explain how some guy was being "charged" with being illegal in a county courthouse.

Sorry - I don't buy the backpedal.

Quote Hilter didn't hate JEWS because they were
"Wealthy" I doubt he even hated them. He needed a group of people to put a label on to make others follow him...

Interesting theory - what do you base it on?  While politicians love to create enemies, that doesn't mean that they don't really hate those enemies.  Anti-semitism was the standard of the time - I would actually find it surprising if he didn't hate Jews, just based on probability.  Hitler grew up in a time when many countries and towns had specific anti-Jew laws.  Hating Jews was the standard, not the exception.

Quote Technically, if you hate a racist you ARE hating a group of people, that group of people dislikes other groups of people.. therefore, you just joined them.

Not true.  If I hate a racist for his beliefs, I am not hating him just for hating someone else - I am hating him specifically because of it racial views.  I wouldn't hate him for hating Metallica, for instance.  Having opinions about race is different than having opinions about music.  All hate is not created equal.

And now the detour into "OMGZORZ SPANISH":

Quote ...I am one of them because I am VERY pissed that because
we have such a high population if hispanics in this country I am REQUIRED to take Spanish?

I would actually support mandatory Spanish nation-wide.  I think it is foolish not to learn Spanish, and I think it is borderline child abuse not to teach your children Spanish.

Quote Meh....Canada dosen't
have this big of a problem..

Actually, Canada has lots of immigration from all over the world, and Canada also has an entire province that is officially bi-lingual.   Yet they seem to cope fine.  Canada was probably not your best example here to support your position.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 9:18am

....english is our "national" language...

Says who?  And what does that even mean?

Quote lol, are fore-fathers spoke english

WHOSE forefathers are you talking about, white man?

Quote ... lets just say America has always had "English" as it's "MAIN" Language..

Feel free to say it - wouldn't make it true. 

And even if it were true, so what?  People in this country (as in the rest of the world) have always spoken a multitude of languages.  Why stop that now?

Quote Why should it not be spanish? Because it simply shouldn't be... most people BORN here SPEAK English because that's what we are used to speaking

So by that theory, once most people born here are used to speaking Spanish, we should all switch to Spanish?

Quote Are rights were orignally written in english, basically everything about our country is orignally in "ENGLISH"

I can see why you don't want to learn Spanish - English is apparently giving you trouble enough.

Quote ... dang I really need to move to Canada.. they don't normally have to deal with this..

You keep bringing up Canada - I think you will find that Canada is quite multi-cultural and multi-lingual.  Tamil is practically the official language of Toronto, and French IS the (a) official language of Montreal.

Quote lol. If you want Spanish to be are national language fine.. but I think that is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said to me....even though you didn't exactly say that, you did voice it almost.

I don't think anybody is suggesting that Spanish should be "are" "national language" (whatever that means).  We are simply suggesting that nature be allowed to take its course.

Mateo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mateo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 4:10pm

i think no one should make you take a certain language but be mandatory to take a laguage of your choose.

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:03pm
Clark, I've been to Canada it is not as "diverse" as you are making it sound. Why should we not learn spanish? Because it's not required..? About thirty years ago high-schools did not make it mandatory.. and why would it be "child-abuse" not to make your kids learn spanish? I know it but I NEVER speak it. And by fore-fathers yes, I mean the white men. For instance, The bill of rights was written in English was it not? All of the amendments were written by our english-speaking fore-fathers... English is America's "Normal" language and until about 1960, we never saw a big spike in hispanic language on the rise. Now we HAVE to take Spanish LVL 1, and 2. I believe that is wrong. Immigrants who come here (I have to deal with plenty of them in retail) and for some odd reason expect US to be able to speak their language from their previous country? I expect THEM to be able to communicate with people in America very fluently, IF WE are required to take a language class to be able to communicate with them.. why aren't they required? Politicans complain all the time about this high-rise in Hispanic language consuming our country in mass numbers, but yet they do nothing about it....So it is bothering quite a bit of people. And on the court subject, the guy got in a wreck, tried to run away, was caught,  the cop that caught him found out that he was illegal, so he was having to pay extra fines for a "Green-Card" or else they said they would "send him back". I couldn't understand all of it since there was an interperter there talking to him in spanish. The main thing, and I am ending this here, is that I strongly believe we should not be forced to take Spanish. I am also bothered by the high counts of immigration which is also making it much harder to find jobs.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:23pm

Our country needs to adapt to the changes, if that means pushing for a more mixed language culture, then so be it. I for one am not too proud to go a little ways and learn another language. I will push my children into doing so and would hope that as this trend continues, more and more schools will help children become bilingual.

Harder to find jobs? Really? When was the last time you applied to pick fruits and got edged out by an illegal immigrant?

Edited by Dune - 13 September 2006 at 6:23pm
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:24pm
Never seen it but I wanna.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

I could give you a list of powerful movies like that to watch if you had a real boring weekend coming up.

Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

I could give you a list of powerful movies like that to watch if you had a real boring weekend coming up.

Hook us up, Dune.

I have mono so I won't be doing anything this weekend.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:09pm

Alright, for one, watch American History X. If you like that, venture into the movie Crash. Also, try Boyz In The Hood and Do The Right Thing. If you like Spike Lee try some of his other movies such as Summer of Sam and Inside Man. Although the last two are not socially powerful, one of his more powerful movies/documentaries is called 4 Little Girls. If you really have the time try watching Malcom X. Slow in the beginning but it does pick up. Also, if you want something with a little more action in it, I hightly recommend Dead Presidents. Although not seen in the beginning as a socially moving film, it has it's parts referring to the inner city that can make you think. And if you want something a little more political, try Syrianna. Sometimes long and drawn out, but definitely appropriate for these times. If you want a good cop movie, rent Narc. Made in 1997 it wasn't released until 2003 independently. Some big names and great performances. Really makes you think about narc units and police.

With a little more time I could fetch up quite a few more that would definitely be worth a rent.

Edited by Dune - 13 September 2006 at 7:13pm
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:24pm
EDIT: Thanks to whoever answered me.

I just added Munich, Crash, Boyz in the Hood, American History X, and Man on Fire to my Netflix queue :). Although I've seen AH X and Man on Fire before, they deserve a reviewing.

Edited by Roll Tide - 13 September 2006 at 7:28pm
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic