Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American History X

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
hey bud, let’s party!

Joined: 29 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3038
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I dislike all racists, no matter who they are against. 
 

Good point.



what about a racist who's racist against racists =o

Back to Top
Apotheosis View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 695
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:15pm
I <3 Eddie.

I'm not exactly racist, but we really need to do something about the illegal immigrant problem.
Back to Top
RevoXT View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Joined: 10 August 2006
Location: Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 443
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

you know one thing i cant stand?  people who are racist against mexicans.  cuz i work with alot of them who are all legal immigrants and work hard for a living.  plus, they work harder then any of us would even think of and dont complain at all.

Dude, most people are racist against ILLEGAL immigrants. Which the number of them is massive. They work for very little because in Mexico they either couldn't even work, or got maybe a dollar per hour. Here they get minimum wage 5.75$ If I was them I wouldn't be talking crap about the from their previous position. I will admit I HATE them when they drive.. wow... I have never laid on my horn so much. I live in Atlanta so the illegal rate is pretty friggin' high and most people here can't stand them, UNTIL they actually need a job done for low-cost. I rememeber after court I was waiting for about an hour to pay for my ticket.. I was next, one of the illegals that was being charged for BEING illegal cut right infront of me... wow.. I have never yelled such hateful things at someone before... That's when I knew I was a little but racist, reality check a-hoy
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I dislike all racists, no matter who they are against. 
 

Good point.



what about a racist who's racist against racists =o

You can't be racist against racists, you hate what they think not what they are.

Illegal immigrants do not usually get paid minimum wage either. They get less because employers do not have to pay them the same.

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:26am

Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

I will admit I HATE them when they [illegals] drive.. wow... I have never laid on my horn so much.

Good thing illegal aliens have a sign on the outside of their car that says "illegal" - otherwise, you would might think "illegal" about any Mexican-looking driver who drove poorly.  And that would be, you know, racist.

Quote I rememeber after court I was waiting for about an hour to pay for my ticket.. I was next, one of the illegals that was being charged for BEING illegal cut right infront of me...

Hmm...   An illegal was being "charged" with being illegal (a violation of Federal rules, and not a crime) in the same building where you were paying your ticket - presumably a traffic ticket (good non-illegal driver that you are), which means you were in the county courthouse, and not the Federal building where all the Federal agencies live.

I think not.  Presumption and generalization, thy name is Revo.

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:28am
Ouch, that even hurt me.
Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I dislike all racists, no matter who they are against. 
 

Good point.



what about a racist who's racist against racists =o

You can't be racist against racists, you hate what they think not what they are.

Illegal immigrants do not usually get paid minimum wage either. They get less because employers do not have to pay them the same.



Same deal, which is why I chuckle at people who say they "hate" or "dislike" them.

People who hate Muslims are called racist.  They are hating them for their religion, which is what they think.  How is that any different from hating someone for being racist?
 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:38am

You sound like that Strangers with Candy episode when Jerry yells at someone for calling another person a bigot. Like was actually as bad as the person who originally had written racial slurs on the lockers.

Hating someone because they are racist and hating someone because of their ethnicity are not the same.

Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

You sound like that Strangers with Candy episode when Jerry yells at someone for calling another person a bigot. Like was actually as bad as the person who originally had written racial slurs on the lockers.

Hating someone because they are racist and hating someone because of their ethnicity are not the same.



Your still hating someone for hating someone.  I'm merely remarking on the hypocracy.  You can call it justified and hide behind morals but your no better then racists if you hate them for their views.
 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:46am

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:


People who hate Muslims are called racist.  They are hating them for their religion, which is what they think.  How is that any different from hating someone for being racist?
 

Interesting question/point.

In some ways, I think being a racist/Democrat/feminist is just like being a Muslim/Christian/Buddhist.  It is all about the beliefs.

On the other hand, they are completely different - both internall and externally.

Internally, many/most people take their religious beliefs more seriously.  There are plenty of people willing to kill and die for their religion - how many are willing to kill and die for the GOP?  A religion defines your being more than a political belief.  Weddings, funerals, circumcisions, hairstyle, clothing selection, your friends, your education - all defined in part by religion.  Being a racist is less likely to define you so much.

Externally, we view people's religion differently from their political views.  While both can make for uncomfortable dinner conversation, we are more likely (I think) to discriminate against others, or generally define our interactions, by their political beliefs than by their religion.  People get beat up in school for being of a certain religion - Not a lot of schoolyard beatings of the local anarchist.

But, narrow distinction, if it is even there.  Interesting thought.

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:46am

How do you compare them? Of course if you say your hating someone for their views then it may sound the same. But when you compare the views, it's apples to oranges. It's like you're saying anyone who hated Hitler for his views are no better than he was for hating Jews and Gypsies. That's ridiculous.

Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:47am
that was REAL sweet... 
Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:54am
Clark - Would you not agree that a racist is less likely to wear clothes, go to places, be friends with, or be related to the thing they hate?

In addition, would a person who hates racists so much be assocsiated with a racist anymore then the racist would be associated with that which they hate?

Goths, emos, and punks get beaten up and hated for their views all the time, unless I'm misunderstanding your point there.

Dune - How is it ridiculous?  Hitler hated jews because he hated the fact they were wealthy, and of course because they were jews.  In his mind that justified it.  By hating Hitler because of the fact he hated jews your still hating him and still trying to justify it. 

Further more, its a lousy analogy, Hitler killed millions of people, thats a good reason to hate him, yes it was influenced by race but your not hating him so much for that.  You hate him because he commited such atrocious geniocide.

Hate is hate, doesnt matter who you direct it at.


Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:58am

I still don't see it. I understand your comparison, but simply reducing it to hate alone and not on substance takes away from the real problem, which is the racism, the dislike and categorization of someone based of ethnicity. Hating racists never led to the enslavement and death of millions of people worldwide. Yeah it may be hate, but actions based from the type of hate ends that small similiarity.

Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I still don't see it. I understand your comparison, but simply reducing it to hate alone and not on substance takes away from the real problem, which is the racism, the dislike and categorization of someone based of ethnicity. Hating racists never led to the enslavement and death of millions of people worldwide. Yeah it may be hate, but actions based from the type of hate ends that small similiarity.



But thats the issue isnt it?  When a person says "I love all blacks!" you dont say "THATS BAD!!".  When a person says "I love all whites!", you dont hear anyone say "THATS BAD!" (well, maybe a few of our more PC folk would but for the most part not).

People dont like the hate factor.   Take out the hate part and its not racism.

As for the hating racists not leading to genocide, thats debateable. Wars have been fought and governments have been overthrown because of their beliefs.  Those overthrown are often killed and theres many times a great deal of them killed. I dont have specifics but I wouldnt be afraid to bet at least one of those uprisings was because of a racist government.
 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:05am
You make a good point about the wars. However, I was more referring to enslavement of racists. I just don't see how they are comparable in a "what is worse" sort of way, although they both can technically be called hate.
Back to Top
RevoXT View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Joined: 10 August 2006
Location: Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 443
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:05am
Clark, by the "illegals" I mean the ones who work around here which I
know for a fact, are illegal since I know the builder that hires them. And
he has about a crew of.. I'd say 150 which are spread out they just
finished the new "Skank" school. Hilter didn't hate JEWS because they were
"Wealthy" I doubt he even hated them. He needed a group of people to
put a label on to make others follow him, he was very convicing and at
the the time German was already in shame because of WW1 so they were
all ready to stand up and fight to get their pride back. Goths, Emos, And
punks get beaten up all the time for their beliefs and iews? TRY
EVERYONE! This is a very stupid discussion.. Technically, if you hate a
racist you ARE hating a group of people, that group of people dislikes
other groups of people.. therefore, you just joined them. Racism is
everywhere, it always will be and it will be even worse once "Spanish"
becomes America's #1 Language... Trust me, people will be furious,heck
they already are, I am one of them because I am VERY pissed that because
we have such a high population if hispanics in this country I am REQUIRED
to take Spanish? Can you say Bovine Poopy? Meh....Canada dosen't
have this big of a problem.. politicans are pissed about the massive
amount of immigration yet they do nothing.. it would be an easy problem
to solve... just the easiest way would be inhumane..

Edited by Ruska - 13 September 2006 at 1:15am
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:08am

We don't have a national language, so if there are more spanish speaking inidividuals in the country, why shouldn't spanish be our most spoken language?

On a very shallow level I'll agree that hate is hate. But I refuse to see how disliking people who use race as a basis of judgement are the same as those they dislike.

Back to Top
RevoXT View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Joined: 10 August 2006
Location: Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 443
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:32am
....english is our "national" language... lol, are fore-fathers spoke english, lets just say America has always had "English" as it's "MAIN" Language..Why should it not be spanish? Because it simply shouldn't be... most people BORN here SPEAK English because that's what we are used to speaking (those around us speak it)
Are rights were orignally written in english, basically everything about our country is orignally in "ENGLISH"... dang I really need to move to Canada.. they don't normally have to deal with this.. lol. If you want Spanish to be are national language fine.. but I think that is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said to me....even though you didn't exactly say that, you did voice it almost.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Back to Top
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Stare directly into my avatar...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

You make a good point about the wars. However, I was more referring to enslavement of racists. I just don't see how they are comparable in a "what is worse" sort of way, although they both can technically be called hate.


Well, there is where it gets mushy and muddled with politics and hard to call them different.  You could call Africans racist against each other, after all during the 1500-1700s slaves often came when African tribes fought tribes they long had rivalries with and enslaved each other, trading and selling them to Europe and North America. 

Your focusing too much on enslavement and racism against blacks in America with the enslavment bit.  In addition I never said either was worse then the other, I just said hate is hate.

And to your last comment, if you take out the hate all you have is a view towards a group of people. 
 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.