FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

money

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: money
    Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:22pm
hey.  i just wanna know what some of you do for money. (not jobs but just go get some spare money in the pocket). something that would bring in money but wouldn't call for a whole lot of time because i'm still in highschool and i concentrate on my grades a whole bunch. so like a job probably wouldn't work out because i am one of those who actually does all of my homework. thanks. (i know that most of you will just tell me to get a job and forget about the grades)
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:26pm
Why do young people now-a-days always think there is some unknown get rich quick scheme just waiting for them out there?  If you want money that badly, go mow lawns, wash cars, babysit...

Then again, if worse comes to worse, you could send fake graduation invitations to everyone in the phonebook.  I'm sure a good number of them would be worried about offending someone they forgot about and will send a "graduation present."
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:32pm
I sold a kidney on ebay, now I am on easy street ...
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:32pm
Prostitution. 

Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:34pm
I worked and still work in Medical Billing.

Your supervisor, not your job is going to limit your hours...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:36pm
Sell drugs.
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Why do young people now-a-days always think there is some unknown get rich quick scheme just waiting for them out there?  If you want money that badly, go mow lawns, wash cars, babysit...

Im 16 and i got my ass a job.  i work 13 hours a week and still keep up with honors and AP courses.  just work for an employer who understands your need to keep your grades up.  then in the summer i work full time which is good.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:47pm
It's also illegal for an employer to fire you due to anything school related. If you are hired after telling the potential employer that you are in school, then it is(I believe) a federal offense to terminate your position if the reasons stated are uncontrollable due to public/mandatory education. At least here in NC, but I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere as I believe it's a federal, not state, law.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

Im 16 and i got my ass a job.  i work 13 hours a week and still keep up with honors and AP courses.

Man, I wish I was as proud of myself as you are.

Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:03pm
Steal cars and sell the parts.
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:06pm

Im 16 and i got my ass a job.  i work 13 hours a week and still keep up with honors and AP courses.  just work for an employer who understands your need to keep your grades up.  then in the summer i work full time which is good.

13 hours?  Well your just burning up the time clock...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:15pm
I have a job, and my classes this semester are Honors Engineering, AP US history, AP Earth, Honors Spanish III.  I manage to do all of my homework and my lowest grade is in US at a 98.

My "boss" is very flexible though, I don't have a schedule, I just call him and ask if me needs a hand, if he does I'll just hop out to the airport.  On saturdays I go out there just to hang out and work.  Usually I'm out there 30+ hours a week.

Bottom line:  get a job.  There isn't much you can do to earn money at your age.

Edited by WGP guy2 - 12 September 2006 at 8:18pm
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:18pm
I work and do all my homework. Gasp! And pay for car payments, gas, food and everything else my parents dont buy me.
I need a new Sig...
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:46pm
hey i wasn't saying i didnt want to work and just get money i know i need to work.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:52pm

Then again, if worse comes to worse, you could send fake graduation invitations to everyone in the phonebook.  I'm sure a good number of them would be worried about offending someone they forgot about and will send a "graduation present."

I should try that.

I do random things anything that will get me quick cash.

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by kuhndog599 kuhndog599 wrote:

hey i wasn't saying i didnt want to work and just get money i know i need to work.

Uhh..

Originally posted by kuhndog599 kuhndog599 wrote:

(not jobs but just go get some spare money in the pocket).

Isn't that saying you don't want to work..?
I need a new Sig...
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:00pm
Depending on how old you look...

Drive yourself(or have someone else drop you off) to somewhere in town where no one knows you, in the general vicinity of a local college is possible (if there isnt one near you, forget about this), and then ask for money to help pay of your loans/books/whatever.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:02pm
Save up all your loose change.  You will be surprised at how quickly it adds up.
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Im 16 and i got my ass a job.  i work 13 hours a week and still keep up with honors and AP courses.

Man, I wish I was as proud of myself as you are.

FYI i was simply stating that its possible to hold down a job while in high school to kuhndog since thats what he's concerned about.

1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

13 hours?  Well your just burning up the time clock...

wth is everyones problem here?! jesus christ im simply stating that you can keep up with school while getting a good enough check to fund a hobby.  and thats only during the school year.  jesus....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic