Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my school is "racist"

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:39pm

Originally posted by Thatoneguy123 Thatoneguy123 wrote:

When I fill out things for college or take those various random tests for college and whatnot I always put in hispanic for my race because my mom is cuban. I get a small scholorship just for being a minority. Its basically like your being rewarded for having ancestors born in different places.

There was this one WHITE guy who said he was african so he could get scholorships for being a minority because hes from south africa. When they saw he was white they didnt give him the scholorship saying hes not african which is rascist. Eventually though he did end up getting it.

I think its dumb there should just be a check box for American or no boxs at all.

Why would you check that? If you live in America, chances are your American.

Back to Top
TheDune View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 11 September 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 21
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:40pm

Every once in a while we get a couple of threads about how there is such a thing as reverse racism, or that it's harder to get into school if you're a white male. Just some dribble that's all. I'm not saying that was your point at all...just an observation of where it could lead.

"The hardest part of my job is connecting Iraq with the War on Terror."--Pres. Bush 9/07/06
Back to Top
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
...Who?

Joined: 16 May 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 434
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:40pm
Idk ok its late I put that there because im tired...and I guess it was a bad way to try and prove a "point" so there should be no box at all for that. better? 

Originally posted by TheDune TheDune wrote:

Every once in a while we get a couple of threads about how there is such a thing as reverse racism, or that it's harder to get into school if you're a white male. Just some dribble that's all. I'm not saying that was your point at all...just an observation of where it could lead.



Ah, I didnt know still sorta new here I dont mean to cause so much fuss.


Edited by Thatoneguy123 - 11 September 2006 at 10:41pm
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:43pm
Dont worry I still love you.
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:52pm
You realise that it was Pinonchio's nose that grew bigger when he lied, not his third lower limb.

In other words, you e-penis is just as small as it was before you posted in this thread.
Back to Top
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
1 strike, language. 6/7

Joined: 30 May 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 433
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:17pm

im just sick of the "minority" (by that i mean black) getting scholorships and reserved spots in college just because there the "minority" which is BS becuase statistically there are less white people in america then black.  another big thing with me is the "im oppressed thats why i dont have a job" crap.  gimme a friggin break.

and to answer the many ensuing questions, no im not racist.

Back to Top
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
This title is just way too old

Joined: 20 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1091
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

This isn't a thing for dorms is it? My brother filled out a form so they would match him with an appropriate room mate, which is perfectly reasonable.


I really like that idea. I'd feel very comfortable being roomed with another person who can relate to me or come from the same type of area as me.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

im just sick of the "minority" (by that i mean black) getting scholorships and reserved spots in college just because there the "minority" which is BS becuase statistically there are less white people in america then black.  another big thing with me is the "im oppressed thats why i dont have a job" crap.  gimme a friggin break.

and to answer the many ensuing questions, no im not racist.

Where to start with this ridiculous post. No, there are not more black people in the US then whites, and no it's not BS to give scholarships to minority students (especially when the money is private).

Back to Top
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

ok thesedays they always tell you not to judge any one and to not make any generalizations of people and stuff like that is especialy concentaited in shcools. well i would like to know why on a form they make us fill out so colleges can check us out, it says please circle your ethnisity, depending on your ethnisity you may be eligable for college grants. Also on these little survays they give us it asks us to circle our group as in jock prep and all that and one of the choices is hick, accordint to the media and everyone thats just enforcing a steriotype.
I seriously doubt that.


Was there one that said "Goth" or "Emo"?

there was one for goth
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:52pm

He was being sarcastic...but alright.

Back to Top
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Neither cool nor annoying

Joined: 25 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:54pm
Well, "reverse racism" is a stupid phrase but I personally don't feel that the topic is dribble. I hate the double standards that are out there as far as racist behavior goes and the color of your skin....I watched Beauty Shop the other night and it seriously ticked me off. Any such show where white people made half as many race jokes as they did would be banned and there would probably be many lawsuits....Affirmative action, is kind of another thing, because there ARE still many inequities among the races that we should try to clear up, but racism is bad, no matter which race it is directed at.....period.

Back to Top
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:54pm
ill try to get hold of one of those survays and scan it and throw it on here
Back to Top
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
1 strike, language. 6/7

Joined: 30 May 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 433
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

im just sick of the "minority" (by that i mean black) getting scholorships and reserved spots in college just because there the "minority" which is BS becuase statistically there are less white people in america then black.  another big thing with me is the "im oppressed thats why i dont have a job" crap.  gimme a friggin break.

and to answer the many ensuing questions, no im not racist.

Where to start with this ridiculous post. No, there are not more black people in the US then whites, and no it's not BS to give scholarships to minority students (especially when the money is private).

ok i stand corrected.  i got mixed up with my local census.  however, i stand my ground on my oppinion, as my local cecuse 58% of the people in my state are black, so therefore im the minority.  i think all the laws concerning the minorities should be dealt with by state law, since its different in every area.

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:05pm

These scholarships and such aren't given to people that are minorities and have been only for a few years. It's given to national minorities due to the disadvantages they've had and quite often continue to have. Just because you are a statistical minority does not qualify as the sort of minority these funds are there to help.

Back to Top
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
1 strike, language. 6/7

Joined: 30 May 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 433
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

These scholarships and such aren't given to people that are minorities and have been only for a few years. It's given to national minorities due to the disadvantages they've had and quite often continue to have. Just because you are a statistical minority does not qualify as the sort of minority these funds are there to help.

im not a statistical minority (-_-) im not a minority at all.  so much for your argument

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

im just sick of the "minority" (by that i mean black) getting scholorships and reserved spots in college just because there the "minority" which is BS becuase statistically there are less white people in america then black.  another big thing with me is the "im oppressed thats why i dont have a job" crap.  gimme a friggin break.

and to answer the many ensuing questions, no im not racist.

Where to start with this ridiculous post. No, there are not more black people in the US then whites, and no it's not BS to give scholarships to minority students (especially when the money is private).

ok i stand corrected.  i got mixed up with my local census.  however, i stand my ground on my oppinion, as my local cecuse 58% of the people in my state are black, so therefore im the minority.  i think all the laws concerning the minorities should be dealt with by state law, since its different in every area.

Maybe the english language is lost on me?

Back to Top
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
1 strike, language. 6/7

Joined: 30 May 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 433
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:32pm

ok i am the ethnic minority, but i wasnt trying to argue that i deserve any of it.  i think that all of it should be based on financial situations which its not in all cases.

Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:23pm
This thread is null snd void if you are home schooled and your mother is just trying to see how you classify yourself.
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

ill try to get hold of one of those survays and scan it and throw it on here
Please do.
Back to Top
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Tons of em’

Joined: 14 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 9800
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:28pm
Judging by your grammar and spelling, it seems you fit perfectly under hick.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.