FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Awesomely bad saturday.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesomely bad saturday.
    Posted: 11 September 2006 at 12:46pm

So the end of last week and the weekend looked promising. We had our Greene County Volunteer Firefighters Convention thursday, friday and saturday.

Thursday was our dinner which wasn't so bad, and friday night were the bed races. (wheeled beds with one person in full turnout on it while 4 push in a race) We lost but had fun.

Saturday, everything went to hell. I got up bright and early to help wash the trucks that we were bringing. Went home, got all spiffed up and headed down to the parade. Well, it was hot. Full dark blue uniforms complete with gloves. I didn't mind too much, having been used to the heat thanks to reenacting. Well, as soon as we started to walk, it ceased being hot and started to rain. a LOT. Thunder and lightening and all kinds of joy. The unit in front of us was the host department and we were marching through their hometown. All of a sudden they get called to respond to a structure fire thanks to a lightening strike. Chaos ensued. The unit two or three departments back from us ALSO gets called out and had to detour out of line. By now the rain stopped and it was hot and humid again. Parade now over I check my voice mail and get a message from the girlfriend....she was in a pretty bad car accident on her way to work. fantastic. I can't get anywhere in a hurry because I rode down in a truck.

All of a sudden the scanner goes off and announces another possible structure fire thanks to lightening......back home. The address they gave was one of the girls on the department's ex boyfriend. She's tearing ass back to the parking lot to get home, trying to call him...I hitch a ride with her to get home, all the while trying to call the girlfriend.....who turned out to be okay, no injuries or anything, but her car is a disaster...I got home, drove 2 hours down to her place, and passed out cold by 8pm. (for those of you that remember, this is the same girl that broke her back a few years ago!)

Quite possibly the worst saturday I've had in a LONG time.

By the way, here's one of our engines, E13-4:

Edited by Reb Cpl - 11 September 2006 at 1:02pm

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 12:51pm
Same here! @#&^#$*&@

I was unable to fix my truck after spending a few hours on it. One side went really easy, spent more $$ for useless parts and hopefully I can return it, realizing I have to spend more $$ to have it fixed at the shop.

Then Sunday the wife comes down with a migrane (sp) and guess whos stuck with an un eaten meal and 2 kids in diapers again after watching them most of the day on Saturday, ME!

I love my kids dont get me wrong, but after Saturday I wanted to just mow the lawn and then sit and watch the grass grow.

I feel your pain. Lets hope for a better weekend this comming up.

O yeah you stay safe! Dont get burned.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 12:53pm

What was wrong with the truck??

...I'm in decent humor now even after that weekend, we have a fire drill tonight, and it involved doing a controlled burn on what is left of an old barn.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 1:46pm
Hah. That is indeed a rough weekend, Reb. Don't worry about it, we all have 'em.

In my experience a hot pizza and a couple cold beer are a good solution to a rough few days of work.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Hah. That is indeed a rough weekend, Reb. Don't worry about it, we all have 'em.

In my experience a hot pizza and a couple cold beer are a good solution to a rough few days of work.

heh I would have killed for a bud before I passed out cold for the night, but alas, there wasn't a drop to be had in the house and I didn't feel like driving anymore.

I was also nearly put off the NYS thruway by some jerk-bag in a Chevy Avalanche who didn't feel like driving in the right lane anymore, and decided that the 9 feet between me and the car in front of me was plenty of space for his monster-machine.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 2:37pm
i can't help but notice the majority of your recent threads have been about something negative. anything positive to report reb?
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

i can't help but notice the majority of your recent threads have been about something negative. anything positive to report reb?

It doesn't really matter what I post, since I'm met with nothing but negativity and sarcasm anyway, why bother posting the good stuff to have it ruined?

Edited by Reb Cpl - 11 September 2006 at 2:51pm

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 2:53pm
Reb, glad the lady's ok, any pics of the car?
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 2:56pm

Yeah, she took a bunch on her camera phone. I'll have her send me some and I'll paste em up here tomorrow. It was mostly the front end of the car, no serious frame or glass damage, she got caught at an intersection by a woman who decided that "having the right of way" means "I can smash into cars that are already in the intersection"

Edited by Reb Cpl - 11 September 2006 at 2:56pm

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 3:19pm
i wasn't being sarcastic, i actually asked if you had anything go your way lately.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

What was wrong with the truck??

Upper ball joints, my suspension requires me to buy an upper control arm with the ball joint. I cannot just press out/in a new ball joint. Factory control arm is $165.00 each and the one I am returning came from Autozone for $110.00 and putting in the factory one once I get some more money saved to pay the shop to install it.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 3:39pm

i wasn't being sarcastic, i actually asked if you had anything go your way lately.

I wasnt refering to you directly, it was a general gripe.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 3:41pm

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

But we love you Reb.

That is a bad saturday, you have my sympathy, for what it's worth. But you seem like the sort of person who will be able to press on, no matter what.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:04pm

i have never seen a blue fire truck.....that is seriously awesome

glad to hear your gf's ok, look on the bright side, shes ok and its not like she broke up with you, that wouldve been worse IMO

TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

this is true

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:47am
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

i have never seen a blue fire truck.....that is seriously awesome

glad to hear your gf's ok, look on the bright side, shes ok and its not like she broke up with you, that wouldve been worse IMO

We get picked on a lot by the other companies, we have that blue engine, and our command truck, M13-7 is a massive green box truck. Those are the two trucks we had at the parade. We got yelled at by some little kid a while back because "Fire trucks are supposed to be red!"

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 9:54am
One of our Towns Trucks is Yellow which is wierd, but look on the bright side Reb... the worst is over, sure you have awsome days and Really crappy days just think that it can only get better... they usually do unless your all emo and just sit home Crying because you didn't get the last piece of pizza. 
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 4:47pm
Ive never seen a blue firetruck before..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic