FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Remember.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:07pm
So you guys want to mourn 9/11 everyday? Alright, but if you do that, then the terrorists did their job correctly.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:09pm
The point is, im sick and bloody tired of people doing what people do here, they twist it and turn it into foreign policy or whatever argument they want. They use it to justify all sorts of things. It upsets me when people turn it into some pitty party. Look at all these threads here? The freaking movies for gods sake.

And yes, i am more "worthy" of morning today. Answer me this, did you cry for anyone you knew today?
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:10pm
Wait wait wait. I have to cry today to be an American and mourn the losses of today?

TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:11pm

No, but I did mourn for the country. Did you cry when my closest was murdered? Probably not, but I don't go around yelling at people if they want to remember her.

"The hardest part of my job is connecting Iraq with the War on Terror."--Pres. Bush 9/07/06
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:13pm
Nope. Morning today isnt about being an american, or being a good american or whatever. Its about the loss of life that ocurred. People use this day as a personal pick me up.

"Oh god, wow, yeah that was so sad, those people are evil, im glad im not like that. Im such a good person im so thoughtful, i know, ile make a thread to show everyone how thoughful and good natured i am."
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:14pm
No one uses this day as a pick me up. I don't know where you're getting this from.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by TheDune TheDune wrote:

No, but I did mourn for the country. Did you cry when my closest was murdered? Probably not, but I don't go around yelling at people if they want to remember her.

No i didnt cry. Its a shame she was kill, but im not going to say that im morning. It would be an insult to you if i asumed i could possibly think that i feel a fraction of what you feel by you losing your friend.

Now multiply that by 34.
TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:16pm

It's actually a common perception. It's a "this is my tragedy and you can't feel bad" mentality. Many people have it, such as my father had it when his father died in combat.

"The hardest part of my job is connecting Iraq with the War on Terror."--Pres. Bush 9/07/06
TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

No, but I did mourn for the country. Did you cry when my closest was murdered? Probably not, but I don't go around yelling at people if they want to remember her.

No i didnt cry. Its a shame she was kill, but im not going to say that im morning. It would be an insult to you if i asumed i could possibly think that i feel a fraction of what you feel by you losing your friend.

Now multiply that by 34.

But it isn't an insult. I don't take it deeply. I do my thing and let people do theirs, that's the point. No one is trying to match you, just like I'm sure you're not trying to match how widows and widowers and fatherless children are feeling today. If that's the case, then drop it and let people mourn in their manner.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:21pm

It's actually a common perception. It's a "this is my tragedy and you can't feel bad" mentality. Many people have it, such as my father had it when his father died in combat.

Good analysis, thats how i feel too, to a degree.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:23pm
I will admidt I cried today.

The first time I did, about this day, since '01.

Fire Dept. funerals do that to me.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:28pm
Yup. For some reason i think cop funerals, fire fighter funerals and armed forces funerals are always exceptionaly beautiful in their, i dont know the word for it. But i want to say solumness.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:34pm

Yup. For some reason i think cop funerals, fire fighter funerals and armed forces funerals are always exceptionaly beautiful in their, i dont know the word for it. But i want to say solumness.

Its the intricate symbolisim.

I do not know much about police funerals, but I know the things involved in a Fire Dept. I have seen them first hand. They are very deeply rooted.

Its not just 9-11, any memorial for fallen Firefighters gets to me, but 9-11 especially.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:40pm
I vaugly remember my great grandfathers funeral. He was a retired full colonel. There was one honor guard with the old guard, 3rd ID stationed at arlington cemetary that i still remembered. The way he walked with the flag. He was even, only his legs moved, every movement planned and flawless. It was beautiful.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:51pm
With all the FD funerals I have seen, there is a color guard, with the American flag, the department flag, an axe, and a pullhook.

Coffin is carried on the back of an Engine. All active duty firefighter wear dress uniform except they cover their crosses with a black band. Two ladder trucks extend their boom and fly an American flag between them. The coffin has the flag of the department on it. A bell is rang 3 times. A single bagpiper plays Amazing Grace.

The last thing is all stations in the city are sent a final dispatch. The alarm sounds, and the dispatcher annoucnes the person's name, the time and date of their last call on duty, and time they were buried.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:59pm
I was too young to see a lot of what went on at my grandfathers funeral. But the honor guard that guards the tomb of the unknown soldier. I used to be able to watch him for like an hour. But now ide have more apreciation for the presicion in his walk, walking like that, with no up and down movement of the head is very difficult to do for very long, it causes shin splints.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 12:00am
I was going to make a gif of the twin towers exploding/caving under and write the words AL-Qwned!! on it but I was too lazy and I figured it was a bit unsensitive and I would get lots of comments about how disrespectful it was.

Oh did anyone else get the day off from school?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 12:02am
Nope, i still had work. Helped teach a class on marskmanship and drove laser training stuff around in a humvee today. FUN. I loved it.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 12:39am
remember remember the 5th of november...
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 2:48pm

Ok, so, i really hate it when people type in all caps, but ive gotta do it..

STOP BLOODY MORNING FOR ONE BLOODY DAY THEN PICKING UP WHERE YOU LEFT OFF ON SEPTEMBER 10TH! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU WERE THERE, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNEW ANYONE WAS THERE, AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOU LOST SOMEONE. IT GETS BLOODY OLD! WE DONT NEED YOUR FAKE HOLLOW SYMPATHY. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, DONT DO THIS CRAP ONCE A YEAR TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF! Its just as bad as going to church twice a year. Christmas and easter. Just bloody cut it out.

DO YOU THINK YOU WERE THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS THERE! DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNEW PEOPLE WHO DIED!

I was there
, and not a day goes by that I don't feel the pain of that day! And that is a major reason I joined the military.

And yes, I did cry for someone that day.

Edited by MT. Vigilante - 12 September 2006 at 2:51pm
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic