FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Remember.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Ok, so, i really hate it when people type in all caps, but ive gotta do it..

STOP BLOODY MORNING FOR ONE BLOODY DAY THEN PICKING UP WHERE YOU LEFT OFF ON SEPTEMBER 10TH! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU WERE THERE, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNEW ANYONE WAS THERE, AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOU LOST SOMEONE. IT GETS BLOODY OLD! WE DONT NEED YOUR FAKE HOLLOW SYMPATHY. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, DONT DO THIS CRAP ONCE A YEAR TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF! Its just as bad as going to church twice a year. Christmas and easter. Just bloody cut it out.

You pretended to be a girl in an internet chatroom you creepy freak.

Anything you would have that would be an opinion is null and void.

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:45pm
For shame Whale...you could have made it clickable...

Linked
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:46pm
I agree with Dbib though.

Too many people are sorry and crap just this one day a year, and the rest of the year think we are free from any future terror attack and wants us to be an isolationist country again.. like that will stop terrorist.....................................

SOME people actually care about their country.

SOME people actually care about their fellow countrymen.

SOME people actually care for the freedoms that their country gives them.

Edited by Linus - 11 September 2006 at 10:47pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Too many people are sorry and crap just this one day a year, and the rest of the year think we are free from any future terror attack and wants us to be an isolationist country again.. like that will stop terrorist.....................................

No, it is just people like you who want to tie the mourning the loss of people in a tragedy in with politcs and foriegn policy.

TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:48pm
We don't need to have a moment of silence every day just to appease those that think average Americans forget. People can choose the way they want and shouldn't take criticism simply because they don't talk about 9-11 EVERY DAY.
"The hardest part of my job is connecting Iraq with the War on Terror."--Pres. Bush 9/07/06
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:51pm
Oh christ here it comes...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

For shame Whale...you could have made it clickable...

Linked

Thanks. I was listening to Howard Stern that morning, that is how I found out first. I was in Pre Algebra, and I had me Walkman FM radio on. I still can remember the broadcast.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

No, it is just people like you who want to tie the mourning the loss of people in a tragedy in with politcs and foriegn policy.

As opposed to people like you wanting to forget thet lessons that were learned that day?

So..people like "me" were wrong when they wanted revenge for Pearl Harbor.. a tragedy with people being lost that ended up making foreign policy.

So.. people like "me" were wrong when the genocide in the Balkans happened... I mean, that made foreign policy and politics as well.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

STOP BLOODY MORNING FOR ONE BLOODY DAY THEN PICKING UP WHERE YOU
LEFT OFF ON SEPTEMBER 10TH! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU WERE THERE, STOP
ACTING LIKE YOU KNEW ANYONE WAS THERE, AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOU LOST
SOMEONE. IT GETS BLOODY OLD! WE DONT NEED YOUR FAKE HOLLOW SYMPATHY.
KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, DONT DO THIS CRAP ONCE A YEAR TO MAKE YOURSELF
FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF! Its just as bad as going to church twice a
year. Christmas and easter. Just bloody cut it out.

where the hell do you even come off saying something as idiotic as
that? oh but its ok cause you're in the military...seriously grow the
hell up mr macho

I lost 34 people that day, and i almost lost my mother. I dont need everyones hollow excuse for sympathy so you can feel a little less guilty or a little bit better about yourself, maybe thinking you make a difference or whatever.
TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:54pm
You're making ridiculous assumptions Linus, like usual. You think he wants to forget the lessons...no he doesn't. But he doesn't feel like he has to talk about it and scare the rest of the public by saying "We better pray and take a moment of silence every day or else we'll get hit again." Just because some people do not see it as the absolute worse thing going on right now does not mean they do not feel for the families and such.
"The hardest part of my job is connecting Iraq with the War on Terror."--Pres. Bush 9/07/06
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:55pm

hell up mr macho

I lost 34 people that day, and i almost lost my mother. I dont need everyones hollow excuse for sympathy so you can feel a little less guilty or a little bit better about yourself, maybe thinking you make a difference or whatever.

I also lost many close friends and relatives and almost my father who is a retired new york city firefighter...two of my best friends lost their fathers...one of my best friends father has serious lung complications now from the debris...

Just because you suffered serious losses doesn't mean for you to tell people to stop mourning...this was a serious catastrophe that happened to the nation as whole but it seems like everyone forgot and doesn't care anymore...thats the problem...everyone forgot

*my father also lost almost everyone from his old engine company...it was the first time i've ever seen my father cry

Edited by Boss_DJ - 11 September 2006 at 10:57pm

TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:57pm
How have people forgotten, what do you expect the public to do? The media has done nothing but show coverage of this for the past month or so and will continue to do so for decades. How are people "forgetting?" Give me concrete examples please.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:58pm

hell up mr macho

You have serious issues. Everyone is allowed to mourn. Everyone who is American. Everyone who values human life.

If you think you are somehow more worthy to mourn you are just a sick sick person.

Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:59pm
It was a national tragedy, and the last time I checked, I, as well as most others in this forum, are a part of this nation. You don't think it bothers us? That was a really idiotic thing to say.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

As opposed to people like you wanting to forget thet lessons that were learned that day?

So..people like "me" were wrong when they wanted revenge for Pearl Harbor.. a tragedy with people being lost that ended up making foreign policy.

So.. people like "me" were wrong when the genocide in the Balkans happened... I mean, that made foreign policy and politics as well.

Thank you for proving my point. Once again, me mourning has nothing to do with foriegn policy. Don't try to loop it in.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:00pm
Yeah i can tell people to stop morning. Because its fake. I dont need some morons in michigan screeming OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY. No you arent, tomorrow, on the 12th, your going to go burger king or whatever and never give it a second though. But when i go home, and visit friends in the pentagon, there are 34 people that wont here from me, people that i would still give anything for them to see me now.

So yes, it really pisses me off when millions of people treat today like some sort of overbloan pitty party. Some people are actualy hurting today, we dont need all you people who lost nothing, saying oh god im so so sorry.

Its like your dad dies, and everyone on this forum does that stupid "OMG RIP" or, oh im so sorry! Same thing here.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by TheDune TheDune wrote:

How have people forgotten, what do you expect the public to do? The media has done nothing but show coverage of this for the past month or so and will continue to do so for decades. How are people "forgetting?" Give me concrete examples please.

Not forgotten what happened.. but forgotten the lessons.

For the first few months after the attack, the country was as close to one another as it has EVER been. We have never been more united and shown more resolve in the face of an enemy.   Politics were put aside. All differences were put aside. We were ONE nation.

5 years later, we're a split nation.. one side wanting to exterminate the evil of the world. The other wants to go back into isolationism and be the friend to the whole world.

The isolationist believe that if we dont medle in the world, we wont be attacked. RIGHT THERE, they forgot the lesson of 9/11--- we can and will be attacked for no reason at all.
TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:03pm

Plenty of forumers have lost people they loved. Unfortunately none of them feel its necessary to claim a national tragedy like it's something just for them. I'm with Whale, no one has forgotten, but give me a break.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:04pm

*my father also lost almost everyone from his old engine company...it was the first time i've ever seen my father cry

I cryed during the whole time I watched the Funeral/Memorial for the FDNY the week after 9-11-01.

I still get teary everytime I see clips of it.

TheDune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:05pm

Originally posted by TheDune TheDune wrote:

Not forgotten what happened.. but forgotten the lessons.

For the first few months after the attack, the country was as close to one another as it has EVER been. We have never been more united and shown more resolve in the face of an enemy.   Politics were put aside. All differences were put aside. We were ONE nation.

5 years later, we're a split nation.. one side wanting to exterminate the evil of the world. The other wants to go back into isolationism and be the friend to the whole world.

The isolationist believe that if we dont medle in the world, we wont be attacked. RIGHT THERE, they forgot the lesson of 9/11--- we can and will be attacked for no reason at all.

How are you speaking for both sides like you know exactly what would happen and exactly what is being thought. That's why your points are sometimes not respected. Because you make out the opposite side like it's pure evil and your side like they have all the solutions. You're just perpetuating the division you accuse those of forgetting of making.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic