Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sniper rifle pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:59pm
Anyone here watch boondocks?
"Oh my god, someone threw a chair...
I'm mad! Me too!"
Eat The Brisket
bassist11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassist11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 3:32pm

Originally posted by strykerx15 strykerx15 wrote:

and i think im gonna take up the pisition of heavy gunner insted of sniper

great. now he's going to be a "heavy gunner". (sarcasm intended)

and i don't see how someone could have grammar that bad. he must be 10 years old.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by bassist11 bassist11 wrote:

Originally posted by strykerx15 strykerx15 wrote:

and i think im gonna take up the pisition of heavy gunner insted of sniper

great. now he's going to be a "heavy gunner". (sarcasm intended)

and i don't see how someone could have grammar that bad. he must be 10 years old.

What's wrong with "heavy gunner", it's a lot easier to adapt to paintball than being a sniper is. I think of those guys with the electro monsters that shoot ropes of paint and carry a bazillion pods as heavy gunners whenever they are on the field.  Additionally, when I'm deploying towards a defended position, I am very happy to have them providing suppressive fire on the defenders. The assault guys generally owe a lot of their eliminations to the assistance provided by the cover guys.  Also, when I don't feel like crawling/running/diving I grab my 98 w/Flatline and support the guys who are, in essence becoming a heavy gunner. (I do however prefer the term fire support.)

Edited by Mack - 13 September 2006 at 4:01pm
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 5:44pm
you crazy scenario guys... 
X
strykerx15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:04pm
yes we are crazy , wer are animals , rooooaaaar!!!!!!
yeah . we are jilsim guys , haha .
well insted of getting ghilli im gonna get a new stock  . and become a heavy gunner. like stand and cover . i have a 230 round hopper
or 250 . i have a normal hopper then a off set on it , adds 30 . its sick
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

I also credit those mega-bps guys with helping with some of the sneaky single shot pump eliminations I get when I play with my Phantom.

Edited Note: Actually, a speedball kid (complete with jersy and fancy electro monster) saved my butt during a game just last Saturday. I was playing with the Phantom and had (by being one with the ground most of the time) managed to get behind the main force assaulting our flag station. I moved in, took out the one on the left with a single shot to the shoulder swung right and autopumped through the brush at the other one until he called out (which took four shots). Unfortunately, I didn't see the two in front of these two and found myself under heavy fire. It was only the intervention of the aforementioned flag-defending speedball kid, who used my surprise attack as an opportunity to get a better angle, that kept me from being eliminated. He took out the one moving on me and then I eventually relocated to where I could eliminate the last member of this group with a single well-placed shot to the head. (The brush was pretty thick, so this involved quite a bit of tactical movement to get into position for a good shot.)

Edited by Mack - 13 September 2006 at 10:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 7:54pm
im thinking of getting the opsgear g36 folding stock for my A-5 , what do you think?
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 8:04pm
meh there good.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
636andy636. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 10/24/07: Inappropriate Word Use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 8:41pm
Accuracy is better in high volumes. (100+ shots to get one person out)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 8:43pm
well as you can see in the pics in the begining of the post . i need a new stock , mine is all metal and its whereing and its small . so i want to get a new stock for a A-5 , i dont need oe with a rear velocity addjuster but i kinda want a folding one so i didis oem resherch and i found out htis one was a good one to get . nice and long and sturdy, good for a cover gun 
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I also credit those mega-bps guys with helping with some of the sneaky single shot pump eliminations I get when I play with my Phantom.

Edited Note: Actually, a speedball kid (complete with jersy and fancy electro monster) saved my butt during a game just last Saturday. I was playing with the Phantom and had (by being one with the ground most of the time) managed to get behind the main force assaulting our flag station. I moved in, took out the one on the left with a single shot to the shoulder swung right and autopumped through the brush at the other one until he called out (which took four shots). Unfortunately, I didn't see the two in front of these two and found myself under heavy fire. It was only the intervention of the aforementioned flag-defending speedball kid, who used my surprise attack as an opportunity to get a better angle, that kept me from being eliminated. He took out the one moving on me and then I eventually relocated to where I could eliminate the last member of this group with a single well-placed shot to the head. (The brush was pretty thick, so this involved quite a bit of tactical movement to get into position for a good shot.)
lol, nice.  ever play speedball with a pump?  it's insanely fun, especially against electros....  too bad noone plays speedball around here anymore... 
X
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 12:57am

ever play speedball with a pump?  it's insanely fun, especially against electros....  too bad noone plays speedball around here anymore... 

I'm not a real fan of speedball. (I lack the "speed" part both on the trigger and on foot.) I play occasionally, but only because I've found it is a good way to work on my snapshooting skills (or lack thereof). I may have to try it just once with a pump since you brought it up. It would probably be even more of a rush than facing the guys in the woods with just a pump.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 1:00am
OCOK
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 2:29am
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

OCOK

Huh?
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 5:04am
heh, you call THAT a sniper rifle? My friend, THIS is a Paintball Sniper Rifle. Palmer Pursuit's "Hurricane"

Edited by Tippmania - 15 September 2006 at 5:11am
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Tippmania Tippmania wrote:

heh, you call THAT a sniper rifle? My friend, THIS is a Paintball Sniper Rifle. Palmer Pursuit's "Hurricane"

1.  Who was the above comment directed at?

2.  Do you even bother to read the previous posts before you post your inane comments?

3.  The picture you posted is a paintball marker, this is a sniper rifle. There is no combination of the two, i.e. a "Paintball Sniper Rifle."

4.  However, since I try to keep an open mind, I would be very interested in any arguments that could be forwarded which would justify characterizing any specific marker as a sniper marker.  To save time, I will pre-answer a few of the more common justifications below.
  • I get much better range because I crank my velocity way up
    • No, that's not sniping, that's cheating, stupidity, and putting other people at risk. Additionally, the nature of paintballs means that this also ruins accuracy.
    • Also if you shoot me with a hot gun, and I catch you, the rest of your day will not be a lot of fun because you will become my only target on either team for the rest of the day.  I will also assume that since you cheat at the chrono, you also wipe and will thus ensure that there is too much paint on you to wipe off each time I find you.  Oh, and did I mention that I will tell everyone on both teams about you which means that I won't necessarily be the only one amusing myself in this manner. (The group at my home field does not like cheaters, we've been known to throw our own team mates off of the field or in extreme cases, light them up on the field.)
  • I have a Flatline/Apex on my marker.
    • Yes, you get extra range, but no, you do not have one shot accuracy-not a sniper marker.
  • I have a 20" (or longer) barrel on my marker and a really cool stock.
    • Good for you. Neither of these accessories provide extra range so that does not make it a sniper marker. It just makes it harder to maneuver in the brush and somebody is eventually going to be laughing at you trying to get your marker unstuck from a vine while they shoot you repeatedly with their BE Talon.
  • I have the complete sniper body kit accessories from SuperLeet Sniper HQ (TM).
    • And it's a very cool looking marker* but those accessories do nothing for performance so it's not a sniper marker.
  • I use a pump marker.
    • Which means you are either a very skilled player or are trying to become one, but it still shoots just as far at the field velocity limits as every other straight barreled marker-not a sniper marker.
  • I used to be in the military.
    • So was I, this just meant that I had to learn that markers and real guns have different characteristics.
    • This does nothing for your marker and does not make it a sniper marker.

*Not sarcasm, I like cool looling mil-sim markers, I just don't want to own one.

Edited by Mack - 15 September 2006 at 2:03pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 6:39pm

Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

OCOK

Huh?

Only lame people miss that one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 7:32pm
one cock one kill? . is tha sopost to a pumpers thing or something?

Edited by strykerx15 - 15 September 2006 at 7:39pm
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 7:34pm

I'm not supposed to need to explain this. That ruins the funneh.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 15 September 2006 at 7:35pm
Tippmania View Drop Down
No, IM right!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by Tippmania Tippmania wrote:

1.  Who was the above comment directed at?

2.  Do you even bother to read the previous posts before you post your inane comments?

3.  The picture you posted is a paintball marker, this is a sniper rifle. There is no combination of the two, i.e. a "Paintball Sniper Rifle."

4.  However, since I try to keep an open mind, I would be very interested in any arguments that could be forwarded which would justify characterizing any specific marker as a sniper marker.  To save time, I will pre-answer a few of the more common justifications below.
  • I get much better range because I crank my velocity way up
    • No, that's not sniping, that's cheating, stupidity, and putting other people at risk. Additionally, the nature of paintballs means that this also ruins accuracy.
    • Also if you shoot me with a hot gun, and I catch you, the rest of your day will not be a lot of fun because you will become my only target on either team for the rest of the day.  I will also assume that since you cheat at the chrono, you also wipe and will thus ensure that there is too much paint on you to wipe off each time I find you.  Oh, and did I mention that I will tell everyone on both teams about you which means that I won't necessarily be the only one amusing myself in this manner. (The group at my home field does not like cheaters, we've been known to throw our own team mates off of the field or in extreme cases, light them up on the field.)
  • I have a Flatline/Apex on my marker.
    • Yes, you get extra range, but no, you do not have one shot accuracy-not a sniper marker.
  • I have a 20" (or longer) barrel on my marker and a really cool stock.
    • Good for you. Neither of these accessories provide extra range so that does not make it a sniper marker. It just makes it harder to maneuver in the brush and somebody is eventually going to be laughing at you trying to get your marker unstuck from a vine while they shoot you repeatedly with their BE Talon.
  • I have the complete sniper body kit accessories from SuperLeet Sniper HQ (TM).
    • And it's a very cool looking marker* but those accessories do nothing for performance so it's not a sniper marker.
  • I use a pump marker.
    • Which means you are either a very skilled player or are trying to become one, but it still shoots just as far at the field velocity limits as every other straight barreled marker-not a sniper marker.
  • I used to be in the military.
    • So was I, this just meant that I had to learn that markers and real guns have different characteristics.
    • This does nothing for your marker and does not make it a sniper marker.

*Not sarcasm, I like cool looling mil-sim markers, I just don't want to own one.

That was directed to the pic that this entire thread was on.. aka the A-5 w\ Removable Opsgear mag, Bipod, etc.... I was not commenting on your rifle at all...since that's not what this topic is based on.
Tippmann A-5
- Shocktech Drop + On\Off
- Super R\T
- Q.E.V.
- Red Hot Powertube
- Stock
- Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
- R.I.S. Foregrip
- X-Core
- Macro
- BT Fixed Sight Rail
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>