Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sniper rifle pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:50pm
it really all depends on what your definition of a sniper is.  no ones really right or wrong.  either you think snipers are one shot, one kill long range sharpshooters and thus dont think there are snipers in paintball; or you think that sniping is just taking out a valuable target from a concealed position and thus think there is sniping in paintball.  all depends on your view, so lets be mature and let each forumer have an opinion.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 10:56pm

Originally posted by strykerx15 strykerx15 wrote:

like i sed everyone has there own style of play . did yo read the like i put up ? it not just about the gun . it is how you act . the way you hide . the clothes you wher to fit the envirment . the way you handel hostage scenarios . the way you think . if yor not a sniper then you cold never understand what im talking about
i'm having a hard time understanding, but i don't think it's because i'm not a sniper...

try using a bit of grammer.  it's easier to take you seriusly, no offence. 

X
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 12:05am

like i sed everyone has there own style of play . did yo read the like i put up ? it not just about the gun . it is how you act . the way you hide . the clothes you wher to fit the envirment . the way you handel hostage scenarios . the way you think . if yor not a sniper then you cold never understand what im talking about

so summed up you basically said:

camouflage+hostage situation+thinking-Your gun=snipers in paintball

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 12 September 2006 at 12:05am
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 1:25am

not all markers shoot the same distence . and im not saying everyones marker looks real . im saying mine looks like a sniper and i know how to use i the sniper way . and some peaple like to do assualting , some ike scouting , some like braching , charging , and sniping . 

Okay, I'm detecting some confusing inconsistencies here (which I've conveniently highlighted in red).  So which is that makes someone a paintball sniper, the gun or the way they think/dress/respond? Either way, what specifics would make someone a sniper in paintball?

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

but i get what you're saying.  you're saying it's a milsim thing...  but you should know, not everyone's markers look like real guns, myself included, thus, my Phantom must shoot lazers, because it's a space gun. *peeow*

Set that thing on stun right now mister!

Edited by Mack - 12 September 2006 at 1:34am
strykerx15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:12am
the teamm your on defines the player that want to be a sniper becouse of what camo hes wearing , wood , ghjilli, ect. and the style of gun he has . sniper rifle , long shot , ect . like milsimballer sed i can be someonee who takes someone out froma really long distence .its all what peale think a sniper is . but i am hear to tell you there are such things as paintball snipers . they are the ones that go on the battel field first and they are almostr like scouts . they gather info on where the enemy is and then radio back to the comander  . then if he has to take him out the sniper takes him out with out anyone knowing there the shot came from . snipers are ones that do stuff like that
and  milsimballer is right . lets all mature and let everyone have there own opinon . no ones really right or wrong hear . still waiting for more sniper rifle paintball gun pics!!!1

Edited by strykerx15 - 12 September 2006 at 10:50am
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 1:35pm

the teamm your on defines the player that want to be a sniper becouse of what camo hes wearing , wood , ghjilli, ect. and the style of gun he has . sniper rifle , long shot , ect .

So the sniper is the one who dresses the best and has the coolest marker?

like milsimballer sed i can be someonee who takes someone out froma really long distence .

What is a "really long distance"? Is it farther than anyone else can fire a paintball from their marker? If so, how do you achieve this extra range and still maintain accuracy? How do you make sure the first (and only-OSOK you know) paintball on target breaks when it hits, since it has lost a lot of velocity by this time?

its all what peale think a sniper is .

Oh goody, I think snipers are . . . non-existent in paintball.

but i am hear to tell you there are such things as paintball snipers .

Yes, and the fact that you say it automatically makes it so.*

they are the ones that go on the battel field first and they are almostr like scouts . they gather info on where the enemy is and then radio back to the comander  .

Actually, that would be a scout, not "almostr like scouts".

then if he has to take him out the sniper takes him out with out anyone knowing there the shot came from .

Anyone with a quiet marker and semi-decent concealment can take out the first person "without anyone knowing where the shot came from". It's the ones after that that get challenging. If you're doing a one-man ambush against experienced foes with superior numbers, shoot-and-scoot is the best plan to follow.  However, that's not sniping, that's just playing smart paintball. If your engaging rookies who allow you to take them all out with single shots during a one-man ambush then you are merely engaging less experienced opponents.  Success against such less experienced opponents reflects their lack of skills not your elite sniperness.

snipers are ones that do stuff like that

Actually any 8 year old camper with a little patience and a BE Talon could do that

and  milsimballer is right . lets all mature and let everyone have there own opinon .

Everyone does have their own opinion, but they also have a right to expound upon theirs and state that yours is wrong, the same way you did above.

no ones really right or wrong hear .

Actually, I (and quite a few others) think you are "wrong here". If you do a search on the paintball sniper subject, you will find some very well argued and supported** posts that document point by point the reason paintball snipers are the figment of some marketing agents imagination. However, since I doubt you lack the discipline to research this subject or the patience to read all the way through any of the aforementioned posts, I'll give you the short version below.

• The sniper debate occurs because of the similarities between the woodsball(TM) version of this awesome game we call paintball and real world military activities.
  • Given this similarity, their are parallels that can be drawn between certain playing styles and certain military combat/duty postions
    • The majority of paintballers just engage the enemy, and, to paraphrase Old Soldier, that makes them grunts, or infantry men, one each. (Some do this with more tactical skills than others, just like in the real world. This doesn't mean they are spec op rangers, it just means they're better infantry troops.)
    • Some paintballers like to stay back and fire lots of paint at longer ranges. There are different skill levels and equipment setups among the folks who do this. For instance, a really good lobber with an electro could be considered as similar to a SAW gunner, while someone with a Flatline or Apex barrel would be able to reach out a little farther to annoy the "enemy", and thus would be more comparable to a heavy machine gunner. Either way, these guys are fire support.
    • Some people like to sneak around in the woods singularly or in small groups and engage in ambush and harrassment. This is the scout role which you described quite adequately above.
    • Some folks, who are very good shots, get asked/tasked, depending upon the team they are playing with, to engage either targets at longer ranges or certain specific targets. They are not snipers because they do not have a range advantage. What they have is an accuracy advantage. This position corresponds to the "designated marksman" position found in some military units. This individual is armed with a weapon having the same general characteristics as his team mates, perhaps with better optics, but is more adept at using it.
  • Then there are the paintball positions/tactics that do not correspond well with positions in the real world military
    • An "engineer" in a scenario game does nothing similar to what a military engineer might do. (As far as I know, no scenario promoter has yet assigned the engineer duties to some player then had him build a real bridge, destroy a real building, or defuse a real bomb.)
    • Grenadiers in paintball have some similarities to military grenadiers, but this is another place where the comparison fails. While a paintball grenadier can carry the same number of grenades for his "M203" they will have no where near the same casualty radius. This failure is not the fault of the grenadier, it is just that technology deficits and safety precautions prevent the development of a decent tube launched paint grenade at this time.
    • Some people like to hide and wait for the "enemy" to come to them. All these folks are doing is setting up an ambush. They usually fall into one of the below categories.
      • New players who are still getting their feet wet.
      • People who think they are snipers but are actually campers.
      • Players who are highly susceptable to marketing strategies.
    • There are a few individuals, highly skilled at woodcraft, cover, concealment, and camoflauge, who are outstanding paintball shots, that others may consider snipers.  However, the comparison between paintball and the real world fails at this point, again, because of tecnology limitations.
      • In the real world, a sniper generally has a significant range advantage over his target (even if it isn't used). That range advantage does not exist in paintball at this time.***  Field safety rules which limit velocities to 300 fps and below preclude any range advantage with most paintball barrels.
      • The Flatline and Apex, while providing a range advantage, are not accurate enough at the longer ranges for the "one shot-one kill" that is the hallmark of the real world sniper. (Partially this is do to the way the barrel imparts spin upon the paintball, but mostly this is do to the increased environmental affects the ball is exposed to as it travels a longer distance.)
    • What's all this mean? It means you can call yourself a paintball sniper if you want, but most experienced players will laugh at you and/or try to correct you.

still waiting for more sniper rifle paintball gun pics!!!1

If by this you mean mil-sim paintball setups that resemble real world sniper rifles, you are in the right place. There are some people with some very cool looking markers**** on this forum.

*Sarcasm
**As in documented proof from experts both within and outside of the paintball community as opposed to lame arguments such as "well I thinks so," and "the dictionary definition is."
***It would be cool if it did.
****I'm no longer a fan of using mil-sim markers because I don't like to carry unnecessary weight, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a sharp looking setup. On that note, yours isn't too shabby.  I'm not a fan of fake magazines, but I like that style of folding stock and I think the AK47 shroud is way cool. I also like that you play with a Tac cap (I'm a fan of less paint as opposed to spray-and-pray) and the sight rail and sight were obviously chosen with function taking precidence over appearance.

Edited by Mack - 12 September 2006 at 6:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 2:24pm
ok now alot oof that makes alot of sense . i can see your point i think
. i geuss i like to call myself a sniper cuz alot of peaple at my field and my team call me a sniper . and i like to think of my self as a sniper  . but your right . snipers have a rang advantege over ther opponents . which wld be a flat line but not acuret . i gess i just like to call my gun a sniper rifle cuz it looks like one but i am reall more of a heavy gunner a gun who stays bakc and cover fires . thanxs for explining that to me
30 shots maby 2 kils
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 2:52pm

30 shots maby 2 kils

That's a good one, for a while my sig said OHOK (one hopper-one kill).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 2:57pm
hahahah that so true for some peaple tho haha . if im ontop of my game ill get at the most 2 or 3 per hopper
and real world has like 30 rounds in there gun and they can get like 16 kills
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 4:29pm

the teamm your on defines the player that want to be a sniper becouse of what camo hes wearing , wood , ghjilli, ect. and the style of gun he has . sniper rifle , long shot , ect . like milsimballer sed i can be someonee who takes someone out froma really long distence .its all what peale think a sniper is . but i am hear to tell you there are such things as paintball snipers . they are the ones that go on the battel field first and they are almostr like scouts . they gather info on where the enemy is and then radio back to the comander  . then if he has to take him out the sniper takes him out with out anyone knowing there the shot came from . snipers are ones that do stuff like that
and  milsimballer is right . lets all mature and let everyone have there own opinon . no ones really right or wrong hear . still waiting for more sniper rifle paintball gun pics!!!1
can we get a translator?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 4:33pm
nope 2 expensive
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 5:19pm

neet,  sniper debate is over...  <3

sorry for the hostility, i was in a bit of a bad mood yesterday.

anyone have a pic of a k2?

not mine, but everyone should appreciate it...

Edited by Styro Folme - 12 September 2006 at 5:20pm
X
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

for a while my sig said OHOK (one hopper-one kill).

LOL...that's too funny.

Not to re-spark the "s" word debate, but has anyone seen the Longbow (or it's incarnations) in action?  I couldn't really find any performance specs on it anywhere and was just curious what, aside from the look, makes it worth the $.  Is it super-accurate and/or does it have the distance of the Flatties and Apexes of the world?

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 6:07pm
^^it's a mag/ion with a 20 round clip.  kinda a neet concept...  even though the 22 inch barrel is a little much.
X
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 6:13pm
I wouldn't mind a longbow style magizine that was adaptable to my Phantom.  Maybe 15 rounds or so, I think with anymore than that the spring would put a lot of pressure on the balls.  (And if it didn't, they probably wouldn't feed reliably.)  I'd be very interested in opinions from anyone who has used this feed system.

To clarify a statement I made earlier, I started using the "one hopper-one kill" sig when I found myself using my Flatline a lot and was almost always ending up providing cover/suppressive/interdiction fire as opposed to deploying as part of the assaulting force. I didn't get many eliminations, but I still got to make a difference in the games.

Edited by Mack - 12 September 2006 at 10:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:05pm
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7543717563901466223& amp; amp;q=longbow
this guy seems to like it
and i think im gonna take up the pisition of heavy gunner insted of sniper

Edited by strykerx15 - 12 September 2006 at 8:11pm
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerx15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 8:14pm
that is an awesome . i like that rifle . can it load like 3 rounds at once . can you tell me where you can buy one of thoes? i want to take one of thoes and modimy one into a shot gun

Edited by strykerx15 - 12 September 2006 at 8:16pm
im not a sniper . im a
HIDDEN RIFLE MEN
mess cow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mess cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:04pm
sniper sniper snipe sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniepr sniper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:17pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7543717563901466223& amp; amp; amp;q=longbow
this guy seems to like it
and i think im gonna take up the pisition of heavy gunner insted of sniper
that's Tyger.  watch his tip clips. http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/
X
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 9:03am
ok b4 when iw as mentioning about the bipod and all..i realize u are going for the milsim look and that is perfectly fine.. and yes a bipod does make the marker more sturdy, But it is not practical in most environments.except urban as that video u had a few posts back. I actually had one on my marker for a lil while i play mostly woods ball. i found it not practical..and just cause u fire a few less shots than everyone else...dont call ur self a sniper..call ur self more of a good shot. Now im just curious..in the event ur in a hot zone and u are on the ground with ur bipod and u come under fire.do u still only fire 1 to 3 shots or do u unload on the dudue? My point here is IN Paintball there is no such thing as a sniper..due to its not practical. weather u fire fast or not...or weather u are accurate with ur shots doesnt bare the sign of a sniper in paintball im sry.

Edited by Sarge14 - 13 September 2006 at 9:05am
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic