FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Running Scared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running Scared
    Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:08pm
Just finished it, it was beyond amazing.  The netflix package describes it as a "hyperkinetic thriller", and they do not dissappoint.  There was action until the very last second.  There wasn't a single predictable moment in that movie.  I figured that we could reccomend any movies in this thread, or review any that you've seen recently.  How's Inside Man?  I'm about to watch that.  
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:29pm
I've been looking at Running Scared.. haven't rented it yet though, Inside Man from what I have heard has great acting.. but the name of the movie gives it away.. if you want a VERY good action\drama movie with Denzel in it get Man On Fire that movie was amazing
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:30pm
inside man was a great movie, i also like lord of war

Edited by TEHGANGSTER - 09 September 2006 at 3:54pm

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:41pm
You're sig means that you have a 1,000$ 66 Mustang... and a glass of milk...
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:48pm
nevermind

Edited by TEHGANGSTER - 09 September 2006 at 3:53pm

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Justin98 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
^^^ Has an elf in his pants ^^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 3:40pm
running scared is a huge steaming festering pile of crap. Anyone who likes it should probably be taken out back and shot. Paul Walker is the new Keanu Reeves...
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 3:53pm
Awful, Awful movie.

I saw CRANK last weekend. It was pretty good. Not a whole lot there plot wise (the previews sum it up), but the camera shots are beautiful. Very very good cinematics save an average movie.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Justin98 Justin98 wrote:

running scared is a huge steaming festering pile of crap. Anyone who likes it should probably be taken out back and shot. Paul Walker is the new Keanu Reeves...

I really like the fact that you throw out a blanket statement.  Sure paul walker isn't an amazing actor, but the plot lines and directing made for a pretty good movie. 
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:02pm
People who judge the movie by the actor alone are very annoying....
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

Are you serious? If an actor does a terrible, terrible job, every single time they're in a movie, it's pretty fair to say that a movie they're in is going to suck.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Are you serious? If an actor does a terrible, terrible job, every single time they're in a movie, it's pretty fair to say that a movie they're in is going to suck.

Quoted For Truth.

Example: The Rock.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:50pm
okay, just finished Inside man, and im very confused.  Somebody please explain the ending.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

okay, just finished Inside man, and im very confused. Somebody please explain the ending.

What are you confused about....
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:53pm

okay, just finished Inside man, and im very confused. Somebody please explain the ending.

the whole ending, the resolution, i didnt quite get it.  Who was the "inside man", what was the whole ending, the who did it part.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:54pm

the whole ending, the resolution, i didnt quite get it. Who was the "inside man", what was the whole ending, the who did it part.

Are you kidding?
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 9:19pm
not at all.  i wasnt paying attention the last few minutes.  I saw the diamond he pulled out of his pocket and stuff, but totally missed the whole ending, i dont get it.  This is the first time thats ever happened.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 9:21pm
Its pretty easy to follow, I'm not even sure where to start. Just watch it again
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 9:22pm
mehhhh just spoil it for me.  the two hours and nine minutes was long enough the first time, but i enjoyed it.  
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 2:50am

However, I generally dislike Will Ferrell, but some of the movies he has been in are funny in spite of him.
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

However, I generally dislike Will Ferrell, but some of the movies he has been in are funny in spite of him.

What I am saying is that if a movie has a good story, it's still a "good" movie, because of a "bad" actor you can't say the whole MOVIE sucked. That's like saying.. what's a good example... well heck we can bring Matrix in to play, Keanu Reeves is a HORRIBLE ACTOR! But he played his part well. I can't really think of any actors who I TRUELY hate, I'll go as far as to say I even like Ben Affleck a little bit. Will Ferrel can be funny.. he showed it in Old School... however people stick him in movies where he just shouldn't be... (Bewitched) And since we are talking about "The Rock" he was fine in a few movies... one that comes to mind is Rundown which was a good movie, and even though the story sucked in "Scorpian King" he still made it quite interesting... I agree with people when they say he is the "NEW" Arnold.

Edited by RevoXT - 10 September 2006 at 5:09am
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber