FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Job Once More.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Job Once More.
    Posted: 09 September 2006 at 12:58pm
So I might just have another job.

After hanging out with my friend Susan last night, I think I like her job, and will apply for the same thing over on my side of campus.

Essentially she is a stand-in RA.

During the week, RA's are responsible for doing all the things like unlocking for people who forget keys, writing up service calls to fix stuff, and dealing with the occasional drunk person.

They get weekend nights off, but they still need someone to do that, so they hire people. Hours are Friday and Saturday nights, 12am-6am or 7am ish. I get an office with a TV and a computer. I can bring my laptop and any movies I want. I can have plenty of quiet time to study.

$50 a night.

At this point I would almost take it for the stories. Last night about 3am two people walked in complaining that their suitemate was drunk, and "threatening them with lines from the movie Scarface." When Susan called the RA and they checked it out he was passed out.

So I am going to look into it.

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Last night about 3am two people walked in complaining that their suitemate was drunk, and "threatening them with lines from the movie Scarface."
Hahahahahah.
I need a new Sig...
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 1:39pm
awesome

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Last night about 3am two people walked in complaining that their suitemate was drunk, and "threatening them with lines from the movie Scarface."
Hahahahahah.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 3:19pm
greatest job ever.
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:36pm
We call that "Night Staff" here at WVU, they work weekday and weekend nights from like 10-7. Its an easy 50 a night, so I would do it if I were you.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:53pm
As my friend put it "If I had that job, I'd kill myself"

I know quite a few people that are CA's here (same thing, we just say CA) and apparently they havent had to do much this year...but overall, I'd way rather just live in rez, not control those who live there too.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 9:06pm
I wouldn't do it out of loss of respect you get from other people in the dorms. I prefer to be an idiot in my spare time.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

I wouldn't do it out of loss of respect you get from other people in the dorms. I prefer to be an idiot in my spare time.

What lack of respect would I get? I am not allowed to do anything to enforce rules or any of that.

If anybody complains about someone breaking a rule, my job would be to call the RA or an office person and let them take care of it, or write up a report about it.

Honestly 99% of the job is opening doors for people who get locked out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic