Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JCS Red Hot Powetube + BOLT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JCS Red Hot Powetube + BOLT
    Posted: 09 September 2006 at 1:29am
I decided I wanted to replace the stock powertube in my A-5... I also wanted a little more "feature" to it.. that's when I found this one... http://www.opsgear.com/Tippmann-A5-Red-Hot-Power-Tube It is aircraft aluminum and also makes a "bang" when fired, by that I mean it is louder than the stock power-tube...If anyone has any experiance with this bolt\powertube please tell me I just ordered mine
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:08am
Unless your stock powertube cracked, I wouldnt reccomend an aftermarket one. A couple of kids who play at the local fields woodsball course have them and i havent noticed any performance increases. I guess if you want your gun to be louder you should get it.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:19pm
I'm not expecting performance increase, I'm simply expecting durability and more sound
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
HOInfantry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 4:34pm

I've seen some tubes used that are after-market and they don't all turn the marker into a blender, but most do not do anything for the gun...stock is just as durable, never managed to crack a powertube before.

"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 6:00pm
As I stated above.. I am not expecting performance increase, just eliminates the chance of a power-tube cracking w\ useing C02, and adds more "sound" to the gun, I've never heard of power-tubes turning the gun into a blender..
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 7:26am
Did you order this with the R/T hole? If not, it might not work with your setup. Check out JCS's site:

JCS Blackpoint
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 8:12am
Holy hell, how much dough you got bro.

A C3, new powertube, new laptop.... daaaaaaannnngg!

Ive never heard of a powertube causing more sound, somthing just dont sound right with that statement.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 2:51pm
LoL, my parents are putting in quite a bit of money into my Laptop..... so I'm not paying too much there, Paintball gear I buy with my own money, the Powertube as I showed you on the link, does have a unique sound.... think of it as a "mini muffler" atsept in this case, it's a straight pipe. If you look up the tube on PBREVIEW.COM the only thing people hate about it IS the sound increase.. which I love. And yes I got the R\T one.. the one w\o R\T you have to special order from JCS
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:28pm
Quick question.. should I use the bolt they are sending me as well? It's a Hexadon Derlin Bolt..
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line