Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Response Trigger Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jsorvik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsorvik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Response Trigger Problem
    Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:36pm

I have an A-5 with the response trigger. With CO2 it works, but not nearly as well as my response trigger worked on my 98. Now I bought an HPA tank and discovered that it doesn't really work at all . . . every once in a while it works for a couple of shots, and then just quits. I have check with leaks by turning the adjustment screw all the way in and found that it is holding pressure. . .

Do the RTs not like HPA?

TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 9:39pm
i think you need a new hose, call tippmann and ask them for the larger rt hose

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 2:53am
I have R\T on my Tippmann and just used Anti-Siphon C02.. I have yet to have problems.. I don't think you need a new hose the stock one works fine. And NO R\Ts do NOT like HPA, If you look around you will see many problems with them and Nitrogen, even with C02 that has 8-Stage EXP Chambers. The liquid that under rapid fire get's sucked into them is supposed to help quite a bit which is why I got anti-siphon'd c02 because under rapid fire liquid still gets in there.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by jsorvik jsorvik wrote:

I have an A-5 with the response trigger. With CO2 it works, but not nearly as well as my response trigger worked on my 98. Now I bought an HPA tank and discovered that it doesn't really work at all . . . every once in a while it works for a couple of shots, and then just quits. I have check with leaks by turning the adjustment screw all the way in and found that it is holding pressure. . .

Do the RTs not like HPA?

Since you state that it does not work as it really should, with either CO2 or HPA, there is clearly a problem. Pressure is pressure, whether from CO2 or HPA. I can't give you a solution for this malfunction because I don't use the RT, but don't let HPA get the blame as the culprit. I play with many who use HPA with their RT equipped A-5. I have not heard them complain.

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Originally posted by jsorvik jsorvik wrote:

Do the RTs not like HPA?

Since you state that it does not work as it really should, with either CO2 or HPA, there is clearly a problem. Pressure is pressure, whether from CO2 or HPA. I can't give you a solution for this malfunction because I don't use the RT, but don't let HPA get the blame as the culprit. I play with many who use HPA with their RT equipped A-5. I have not heard them complain.

Quite the opposite here.. I've heard of countless complaints with the R\T and HPA.. one guy said even the Tippmann rep that visited his store agreed that the R\T works better with C02.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
jsorvik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsorvik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 4:00pm

I am looking into some leaks in the orings in the flow connector bolt. . . I have eliminated about all the other options (accept the larger hoses). The curious thing is that the R/T on my A-5 works fine with the HPA. My son's does not. I tried putting my trigger assemly on his marker and it did not work, so the problem appears to be airflow between the main valve and the trigger assembly. . . 

Some people have said that Tippmann will give you the larger hoses for free, but they keep telling me I have to purchase them. I am not sure I want to spend $20 and get no noticable improvment. Anybody with firsthand experience with spending that extra money. Did the larger fittings/hoses really help the R/T?

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 8:19pm
All you need to do is say "I bought a low pressure kit and need the fittings and hoses" they will send you it for free, Larger hoses etc basically make the "Super R\T" which is  faster firing R\T... I can't see it fixing your problem.. but I could be wrong.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 10:53pm

Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

Quite the opposite here.. I've heard of countless complaints with the R\T and HPA.. one guy said even the Tippmann rep that visited his store agreed that the R\T works better with C02.

Oh, golly! I guess I must have contradicted RevoXT. Then again, I am out here actually playing with people whose markers are functioning and just can't hear, over the noise of the game, all those complaints about the incompatibility of the RT with HPA...especially from that store-visiting rep who's in a hurry to finish the day and get back to the hotel bar.

Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 12:24am
I used an RT with HPA for years.
It worked better by FAR with HPA than CO2.
My gun would freeze solid when using CO2. My old saying was borrowed from a Christmas Classic..."this 98 would freeze up on the fourth of July on the Equator"

Once I got HPA I never looked back. I had it tuned to about 14bps and could hold the trigger until it emptied a 88/4500 bottle. Thats about 1300 shots for you that "don't Habla the new math".

So whomever is telling you that RTs don't like HPA are full of crap. HPA is the best thing you can do for your RT.
That being said....
You obviously have an issue with your RT...it is a flow problem more than likely.
Check all your fittings, check to be sure that nothing is clogging the works. Mine stopped working altogether because a small piece of teflon tape got into the air line. Anything that slows the airflow can decrease the PSI to the RT piston.
And make sure you are using a high pressure output bottle (the higher the better).
And...the larger hoses can't hurt anything...they can only help.
RLTW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic