FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creative Zen Vision...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Get the Vision M. The vision M can handle lots of video types, while the ipod video has to be converted to a special format. I like ipods and all, but the vision m wins.

Personally, I would go with the iPod over the Vision:M. I couldn't ever get used to the menu navigation, as the scroll pad is extremely sensitve. Plus, it is a good bit thicker than a 30gb iPod. That's just all personal preference.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 1:40pm
I love my vision M. One of the best purchases I've ever made.

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Get the Vision M. The vision M can handle lots of video types, while the ipod video has to be converted to a special format. I like ipods and all, but the vision m wins.

Personally, I would go with the iPod over the Vision:M. I couldn't ever get used to the menu navigation, as the scroll pad is extremely sensitve. Plus, it is a good bit thicker than a 30gb iPod. That's just all personal preference.

The scroll can be adjusted, how long did you navigate with it?
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Don't discount the iPod's popularity as a bad thing. I believe most, if not all, Scion head units interface directly with the iPod through the dock connector.

I considered that as well but I need to do some research on it since I am skeptical as to if it is a general mp3 input or specific to ipod. I am pretty sure the port will accept all Mp3 players.
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 3:12pm
my brother got a microphoto and its pure secks, i like it a ton more then my ipod, which has broken like 3 times, i say get the creative-great company

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Don't discount the iPod's popularity as a bad thing. I believe most, if not all, Scion head units interface directly with the iPod through the dock connector.

I considered that as well but I need to do some research on it since I am skeptical as to if it is a general mp3 input or specific to ipod. I am pretty sure the port will accept all Mp3 players.

Apparently it's the dock connector, because you can actually control the iPod via the head unit, as opposed to just piping audio through it. It also seem to also have a 1/8" stereo jack for anything else.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 10:17pm
I like Ipods simply cause I'm used to it.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:46am
btw i am taking my cousin's iPod in to be repaired tomorrow. funny how he's had so much trouble. i think i might give him my nomad.
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 2:18am
The Zen Vision (M) is my favorite mp3 player. Right now I use my Pocket PC however Creative Labs kills Ipods in both price range and features and even reliability. Microphoto is even awesome so it's all your pick. Top of the line is the Vison M though.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:02am
Well, Zen Vision is a bit of an oxymoron, zen being the utter absence of all that is. So that tells you something about its makers right there.

Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:34am
I don't know how people keep breaking their iPods.  I've had mine for a little more than a year now and it's never once showed any sign of a problem.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 11:01am

Apparently it's the dock connector, because you can actually control the iPod via the head unit, as opposed to just piping audio through it. It also seem to also have a 1/8" stereo jack for anything else.

I dont think my whip has this feature. Could you please link me of show me a pic of what I should be looking for? Maybe I have it and dont even know it... I do have the 1/8 jack.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 12:12pm
I like my ipod because the scroll wheel is fun.

Its the simple things in life...
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 12:16pm
I like my iPod.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 12:17pm
You have to really suck at life to break an iPod.

Apotheosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:39pm
I have the Creative Zen Micro and wish I had gotten an iPod.  Like people are saying, it is the little things, and a little thing I don't like about the Zen is the fact that the screen is not color.  My friend has a bigger one and it is color, but I don't like the colors.  It is like a red background and yellow words.  Ugly.

I constantly had troubles with connecting it to my computer.  For a while it would be connected, yet it would tell me it was not connected.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

My RCA lyra has a scroll wheel.

I'd be lost with out it.

Mass Storage device as well FTW

Edited by *Stealth* - 05 September 2006 at 4:03pm
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Apotheosis Apotheosis wrote:

I have the Creative Zen Micro and wish I had gotten an iPod.  Like people are saying, it is the little things, and a little thing I don't like about the Zen is the fact that the screen is not color.  My friend has a bigger one and it is color, but I don't like the colors.  It is like a red background and yellow words.  Ugly.

I constantly had troubles with connecting it to my computer.  For a while it would be connected, yet it would tell me it was not connected.

you fail hard. first mistake: you bought a micro.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

My RCA lyra has a scroll wheel.

I'd be lost with out it.

Mass Storage device as well FTW

Ewwww ugly.

Apotheosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by Apotheosis Apotheosis wrote:

you fail hard. first mistake: you bought a micro.

Try got it as a present.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic