Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microsoft just lost brownie points

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 2:30pm
I've had mine since the day it came out  and its still not broken yet 

And I dislike dead rising. I beat it in 2 days and its boring now. The games to short and repetitive.
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 3:03pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Haha I suppose thats what you get for buying an xbox.

Cant wait till November. Enos demands a Wii!

OH yes i cannot wait for the Wii.  Not only will it be inexpensive, but finally someone has done something new and it doesnt need great graphics to be awsome.  Oh and its cheap

EDIT: There will be no price drop for the 360 at christmas time unless PS3 starts to dominate immediatly, which just wont happen because no one can afford the freakin thing.

Edited by MilSimBaller - 04 September 2006 at 3:06pm
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 3:16pm
yeah pc's will always be my system, but i think both the ps3 and the wii look great, just the graphics on the ps3 are sooooooo sexy

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by TEHGANGSTER TEHGANGSTER wrote:

yeah pc's will always be my system, but i think both the ps3 and the wii look great, just the graphics on the ps3 are sooooooo sexy

Yet visually and statistically the PS3's graphics are no better then 360

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 3:21pm
The Wii will be takeing over the market.

X360 was a miserable failure for microsoft, which still to this day has'nt yieled any income to the company. They lose money with that thing, that's why you dont have customer support.

The PS3, is just rediculous. End of story.

And PC's will never be phased out, PC's up until this point have always been the innovaters and will continue to do so. The Wii may be the only exception, as nintendo is blowing the gaskets off of everything.

The Wii will just be priceless fun, will cost under 250$, and be able to fit in a cargo pocket. Nintendo is going to kill their competitors.

Edited by *Stealth* - 04 September 2006 at 3:24pm
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

The Wii will be takeing over the market.X360 was a miserable failure for microsoft, which still to this day has'nt yieled any income to the company. They lose money with that thing, that's why you dont have customer support.The PS3, is just rediculous. End of story.And PC's will never be phased out, PC's up until this point have always been the innovaters and will continue to do so. The Wii may be the only exception, as nintendo is blowing the gaskets off of everything.The Wii will just be priceless fun, will cost under 250$, and be able to fit in a cargo pocket. Nintendo is going to kill their competitors.

Microsoft lost money on every original xbox made too. They just have the bankroll to support it. Sony on the other hand has gone way down and by the sounds of it, the PS3 will either kill sony, or save it completely. I know I've mentioned it before, but pick up this months copy of wired (pink cover with Beck on it) and read the article on the PS3.

I still love nintendo though. My roommate and I just picked up a gamecube for $70 CDN, so thats $31 USD each. The cube is tiny for a console, and yeah, the graphics may not be "ZOMG AMAZING" but they're pretty damn good still, and its so much fun its rediculous.
   One of the games we bought is Super Mario Strikers (the soccer game) and it is so simple, so straight forward, no story, average graphics...and its probably my favorite game right now. And the games we bought will work on the Wii, so no loss their either.

Nintendo isnt out to compete with sony or microsoft in terms of "wow, blu-ray!" "yeah, well, x-treeeem Hi-Def!!!" etc...they're focusing on fun, and it's easier to afford at the same time.

Wii ftw

*EDIT*

You can read the Wired article here:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.09/sony.html

Edited by choopie911 - 04 September 2006 at 3:33pm
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

Originally posted by TEHGANGSTER TEHGANGSTER wrote:

Yet visually and statistically the PS3's graphics are no better then 360

um no.....

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 4:52pm
Wii will dominate.

Cheap and fun. The only thing that could effect it would be Sony drasticly dropping the price of the PS3.

Besides the Wii, not to mention the Gamecube, had better games than Sony and Microsoft had to offer.

God help us if the flagship game for the PS3 is a WWII FPS...

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 4:53pm

X360 was a miserable failure for microsoft, which still to this day has'nt yieled any income to the company. They lose money with that thing, that's why you dont have customer support.

It's not suppose to yield income in the short run. Microsoft loses money on every Xbox sold as Sony will with every Ps3. They get money from the games. If it was a miserable failure, why would they continue to back it when they could walk away right now with minimal loss?
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

It's not suppose to yield income in the short run. Microsoft loses money on every Xbox sold as Sony will with every Ps3. They get money from the games. If it was a miserable failure, why would they continue to back it when they could walk away right now with minimal loss?

Because they are microsoft? When have they EVER pulled something that was a failure, that would admit that there are other betters things.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:59pm
Microsoft pulls failed products and initiatives all the time.  We have all just forgotten their failures because of their many successes.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 7:01pm
hmmm good point.

I still say the x360 is a failure, on the grounds that the Wii will beat the pants off it in consumer sales.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Microsoft pulls failed products and initiatives all the time.  We have all just forgotten their failures because of their many successes.

Like the UltimateTV set-top boxes in 2000.

soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:18pm

And PC's will never be phased out, PC's up until this point have always been the innovaters and will continue to do so. The Wii may be the only exception, as nintendo is blowing the gaskets off of everything.

The Wii will just be priceless fun, will cost under 250$, and be able to fit in a cargo pocket. Nintendo is going to kill their competitors.

Saying the 360 is a failure because it hasn't yielded any profit is ignorant.  Nearly every console ever made loses money.  They make up for that in game sells.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Hmmm. I can't wait for Halo 3. Hopefully the 360s won't be so crazy sketch.
Word.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by soonerdude05 soonerdude05 wrote:

Saying the 360 is a failure because it hasn't yielded any profit is ignorant.  Nearly every console ever made loses money.  They make up for that in game sells.

Actualy...

Nintendo has varly rarly produced console that has actualy lost them money in production. The Wii will be no exception. As well, Nintendo is the only active player from the original days of consoles. I wonder why....
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:28pm
Well, there is really only one other mainsteam company that comes to mind Stealth, Sega. And they only failed because of bad marketing of the Dreamcast, not because they were losing money on each console. It was also a little ahead of it's time. 
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by MilSimBaller MilSimBaller wrote:

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Haha I suppose thats what you get for buying an xbox.

Cant wait till November. Enos demands a Wii!

OH yes i cannot wait for the Wii.  Not only will it be inexpensive, but finally someone has done something new and it doesnt need great graphics to be awsome.  Oh and its cheap

EDIT: There will be no price drop for the 360 at christmas time unless PS3 starts to dominate immediatly, which just wont happen because no one can afford the freakin thing.

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGuiGNiLiN09191226
http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGPdLHiNHP11021339
http://www.news4gamers.com/xbox360/News-2492.aspx

I'm just saying, there have been quite a few rumors. Hopefully they are true.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Well, there is really only one other mainsteam company that comes to mind Stealth, Sega. And they only failed because of bad marketing of the Dreamcast, not because they were losing money on each console. It was also a little ahead of it's time. 

Sega

Atari

NeoGeo

and there were other no names that were crushed instantly.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 8:32pm
Sega lasted a while. Atari didnt do bad until Nintendo entered the scene and then they lost.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic