Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Father and Son Cheaters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hoboman View Drop Down
Puts the "B.O." in HOBO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoboman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Father and Son Cheaters
    Posted: 03 September 2006 at 5:45pm

Now my friends and I play fair and safe. We chrono in, don't wipe and give people a chance to surrender. Today we went out to play a little before school starts.

The whole day was going great till a father and son team showed up. Now normally, you wouldn't expect a father & son to be dishonest players. The kid was only about 8 and seemed pretty new to paintball despite him carrying a proto matrix. The father had a 98 with one of those 18 inch "uber sniper barrels" and HPA.

A group of about 12 geared up and walked onto the near speedball field. The game starts off pretty good. I run to about mid field and take cover in a bunker. I see the father and son bunched up a few bunkers back. The kid was popping up and down spraying paint everywhere. I fire 3 shots, 2 of which break dead center on his mask. I cease fire to let the kid walk off. To my amazement he wiped right in front of everyone and kept playing.

Then the father starts spraying paint in my direction after the kid points me out. Now to compensate for his long barrel he must have cranked up the velocity to well above 310. Hell, he probably took out the velocity screw. One of his balls bounces off the top of my head. Even though my head was covered, it hurt like hell. I was seeing double for about a minute and my head was ringing. While im still shell shocked a guy runs around and lights me up.

Meanwhile the refs are sitting back in staging area doing nothing. I tell the guy that he should chrono his gun. He mumbles something and walks away. I tell the refs. They don’t even check his gun and just yell out, “hey man remember to chrono your gun”

Unbelievable

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 5:49pm
you should have shot back.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 5:49pm
Yeah that sucks.  Glad my field isnt like that at all.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 5:53pm
Call the kid on it and take him one on one.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 6:08pm
man that sucks, glad the refs at my field accually do something...well sometimes...but no one cheats, well...wait...nevermind, every time i play at least one person cheats...

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 6:57pm
you do know taking out the velocity screw will drop the FPS like crazy because the air leaks out the side right?
saving the world, one warship at a time.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 7:07pm
Sad, but the dad needs the kick in the arse.
Hoboman View Drop Down
Puts the "B.O." in HOBO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoboman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

you do know taking out the velocity screw will drop the FPS like crazy because the air leaks out the side right?

Didn't know that but you get the point. Generally paintballs don't make you bleed when you get hit from 50 feet.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 8:04pm
Ugh. Nothing like bad players to ruin a good day.

pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 9:53pm

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Ugh. Nothing like bad players to ruin a good day.

yea sadly, their is usualy always one person like that

hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by pbdude985 pbdude985 wrote:

Ugh. Nothing like bad players to
ruin a good day.

Yup, and sadly it's happening more and more often as time passes.

Who says character doesn't count?

It sucks to work for an elimination only to have some crumb-bum wipe the
hit ...
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by hwayhzrd hwayhzrd wrote:

Originally posted by pbdude985 pbdude985 wrote:

Ugh. Nothing like bad players to
ruin a good day.

Yup, and sadly it's happening more and more often as time passes.

Who says character doesn't count?

It sucks to work for an elimination only to have some crumb-bum wipe the
hit ...

sounds a lot like an article i read hway

eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:46pm

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Sad, but the dad needs the kick in the arse.
LoL. I can't imaginne when the kid gets like 16 and plays.

__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:49pm
Shoot them extra to make sure they're out.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Hoboman View Drop Down
Puts the "B.O." in HOBO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoboman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 11:15pm

The worst part is that light up an 8 year old kid after he wiped especially since his crazy dad was 5 feet away. Anyone else would receive a nice barrage of balls if I saw them wipe and keep playing.

Anyway I just felt like complaining about it. Thats what I did today.

Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 11:24pm
i was gunna say you must play at the same place as me but i noticed you are in the US of A. i hate peeps that whipe even if they are only 8 years old, when he was walking off and whiping you should have peppered him and his dad for not doing anything about it.
Canadians do it on top.
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 11:38pm
That sucks man but unfortuanatley it happens alot. You just need to prepare yourself for the worst. Bad refs annoying cheaters, it come in the territorie.
Thinking about it...
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:51am
ASSHOLES

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic