Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 questions..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 questions..
    Posted: 02 September 2006 at 11:20am
Okay, I have 2 questions. first question: My barrel adapter (i have an a5) is loose, it falls out after i've been shooting for a few mins. Im pretty sure i know why though, i used to have a flatline, and i never unscrewed the 3 screws at the front of the gun when i took the flatline off , so im guessing thats what caused this problem (i now have a J&J)  I've been taping it in..(which is sad) and i was going to just replace the barrel adapter..but after thinking about it..do you think its the recieve halves that need replacing instead? (it seems like they'd wear down faster than the barrel adapter would)

question 2: my cyclone has been messing up more and more lately..i think its starting to get to the point where i need to replace it (or at least the rachet or w/e) I've taken it all apart and cleaned it..and that helped a little..but it still messes up. What it is doing, is jamming a ball  a lot..and then i have to recock my gun, and pump the manual feed on the cyclone, and hope it didnt break a ball.  btw i have the "A" on mine

Any ideas, suggestions, alternatives on anything?
thx everybody..also i was in a hurry doing this so yeah stuff is spelled wrong, ect. sorry about that.

Edited by vonfeldt7 - 02 September 2006 at 11:24am
novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 11:23am
Get a barrel that matches the threading to the gun instead of having a barrel adapter. Go to a local store and screw in a barrel and see if it tries to wiggle its way off. The cyclone should have an A on it, I believe.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 11:25am
there's no barrels that fit the a5 is there? i mean you hvae to have the barrel adapter..(the stock one that comes with the gun)
novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 11:35am

In general the flatline seems to be a snugger fit than the barrel adapters. So when you removed it by not loosening the three bolts you may have removed some material from the receiver halves. I would wrap some electrical tape around the adapter ( just one turn) loosen the bolts insert the adapter and re-tighten. This is the most cost effective solution , unless you want to spend $100.00 for new halves.

Your Cyclone sounds like it needs a tune-up, download the schematic from www.tippmannparts.com and have at it. Look @ ratchet and the piston, both are replaceable .

vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 11:41am
alright^ thx, and yeah i figured thats what happened (with the reciever halves) and ive tried the rapping tap around it b4, it was too snug..but ill think of something...i always do...
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic