FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For all the Military guys...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:12pm
Wow. I am speechless at the stupidity i've read in this thread. Usually it's not the grown men making themselves look like idiots here.
I need a new Sig...
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:55pm
Thanks for those of you who helped, and thank you Ken for actualy providing some information after the fact, no hard feelings.

I'm no journalist, I just wanted to see what one had to do in order to pursue such photography.

Any way, OS kinda cleared everything up. so.... yep
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 11:21am

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

....No, I dont want to enlist and fight some BS war for some politcal agenda.....

So much for un-bias reporting. But I guess the folks from CNN kinda shot that down the tube a long time ago.

My personal opinion as a Guardsman is that embedded reporters was the worst idea ever concieved by our military, war is not a game, war is not pretty, it is not easy, and the public doesn't seem to unerstand that. And when we put bias reporters over there with there own political agenda, they took advantage of that.

You asked for my opinion as a man in the military, so there you have it.
(Yea I know this thread is kinda over, but I mised all the fun over the weekend, and I felt that my opinion was needed in this afair.)

Edited by MT. Vigilante - 05 September 2006 at 11:24am
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 11:28am
Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

....No, I dont want to enlist and fight some BS war for some politcal agenda.....

So much for un-bias reporting. But I guess the folks from CNN kinda shot that down the tube a long time ago.

My personal opinion as a Guardsman is that embedded reporters was the worst idea ever concieved by our military, war is not a game, war is not pretty, it is not easy, and the public doesn't seem to unerstand that. And when we put bias reporters over there with there own political agenda, they took advantage of that.

You asked for my opinion as a man in the military, so there you have it.
(Yea I know this thread is kinda over, but I mised all the fun over the weekend, and I felt that my opinion was needed in this afair.)

That's my opinion on the war, Documentation photographs ar'nt easly going to convey that.

Afghanistan was a real war, that was in our own defense, it was legit. iraq has nothing to do with us, We just did'nt like how things were going so we decided we had the say to intervene. Now it has turned into quick sand, and we are being distracted from our original intent, Terror... And subsituting it with rebiulding a country.

Just my opinion.
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 11:50am

I may disagree with your opinion ( but at least you do believe we need to be in Afganistan) but it is your right to have that opinion, and I respect that. All I am saying is that all reporters have an obligation to not convey thier opinion, especially in wartime. When I am watching the news, I dont' want to have any idea as to what the reporters political standing is, and that is how it should always be.
   And yes, you can convey that opinion through pictures, by choosing what to take pictures of and what not to. By choosing to allways show pictures of ded civilians and say that U.S. troops killed them, and never show pictures of happy Iraqis waving U.S. flags.

(I just tried to show you some pictures of Iraqis waving the U.S. flag to prove that they do still support us but it isn't working, but I do have the pictures, just do a google search for "Happy Iraqis.")

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 11:54am
Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

I may disagree with your opinion ( but at least you do believe we need to be in Afganistan) but it is your right to have that opinion, and I respect that. All I am saying is that all reporters have an obligation to not convey thier opinion, especially in wartime. When I am watching the news, I dont' want to have any idea as to what the reporters political standing is, and that is how it should always be.
   And yes, you can convey that opinion through pictures, by choosing what to take pictures of and what not to. By choosing to allways show pictures of ded civilians and say that U.S. troops killed them, and never show pictures of happy Iraqis waving U.S. flags.

(I just tried to show you some pictures of Iraqis waving the U.S. flag to prove that they do still support us but it isn't working, but I do have the pictures, just do a google search for "Happy Iraqis.")

Yes I do agree, By focusing emphasis on certian things I could convey my lean on the war, this is true. However, when I originaly considered this idea I just wanted to document things, what ever was happening in that particular unit ETC ETC. With the new found knowledge of the requirments for going about such things, It would have to be journalistic for the media. That's not what I do, and it does'nt interest me.

And no doubt, with the journalistic integrety we have these days, My "Sponsor" would impose certian objectives to photograph.

Edited by *Stealth* - 05 September 2006 at 11:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic