Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m paying for this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m paying for this?
    Posted: 01 September 2006 at 2:22pm
I'm sure everyones had a college course in which they are not quite sure why they are paying for it. Well I've landed in said course, Computer Science 101 taught by an international TA and he's just a moron.

Example 1

On Monday we were talking about the different types of PC's and he posed the question "What is the difference between Laptop PC's and Desktop PC's?"

So I retorted with "Desktop PC's are comprised of a seperate tower and monitor while laptops are one component"

He said "No" and with a **edited** eating grin said "Laptops go on the lap and desktops go on the desk!"

I just had to roll my eyes after that one and sit in displeasure.

Example 2
Today we are talking about the Internet, yes, the intarweb. But not the Ted Steven's one!

He proceeds to tell the class that your IP address is assigned to your network card when your machine is assembled and the NIC Card goes into the motherboard

So far after 2 weeks thats all the misinformation I've gotten, granted the rest is pretty empirical stuff.

By the way, my laptop is on my desk right now. Fear the matrix.
Apotheosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 2:25pm
Well my laptop is on my lap now as I am on the pooper.

Bet you really wanted to know that.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 2:35pm
I love teachers like that. I had a QBasic teacher that didn't know QBasic.

The key is to ask them questions about things they can't comfortably answer, given their lack of any actual knowledge. I'm not a computer genius by any means, but I don't go telling people crap I don't know while swearing that it's fact. Let alone, like those teachers, getting paid to do it.

Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 2:36pm
Let him know that actually using a laptop ON your lap will not only make you uncomfortably hot, but can damage the computer.

And then slap him around a few times.

Edited by Brian Fellows - 01 September 2006 at 2:36pm
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

Let him know that actually using a laptop ON your lap will not only make you uncomfortably hot, but can damage the penis.

fixed
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 2:41pm
Wow...ask enos about his teacher that he has right now, almost the same type from what he's told me.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 4:10pm
lol, ask him about really complicated things and suprise him with your knowledge!!!

or just sit and get a credit in an easy class

btw that guys a dumbass

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 4:15pm
rofl, test out of the damned class...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic