1 [2.08%]
20 [41.67%]
4 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

The thing is they are a threat and so in N. korea along with every other country with people like Kim and Irans president in power. We do need to take out those plants weather they say there peaceful or not. Second:the U.N dosent ever do and they never will and the other night i was watchin the news and there was a quote on there from Irans president saying that he knows the end of the world is near and that he will help bring about it by destroying Israel and the U.S. So yes they are a direct threat as long as that nutcase is in power. What we need to do is get a rebelion to start in the country, that way the rebelion will either overthrow the government or take their attention off everyone else.

You still seem to scare me every time you post. I at least somewhat agree with OS's posts here, but for the most part I'm glad the forum does not make any political decisions for us.

lol thanks
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 11:00am
Lets just do a little reality check here.
First off, nuclear weapons or fuel is not something to take lightly or with brute force. The half-life of the "dirtier" style of fuel we are talking about here is in the thousands of years, not weeks like US refined fuel. That means radioactivity in lethal levels for quite some time.
Second- delivery systems are no longer an issue. 1 lb of nuclear fissionable fuel, combined with 3 to 8lbs of coventional explosive will make a bomb capable of taking out NYC or Phili, or DC, with a suitcase and a crazy. Is 1,000,000 initial, and 3-4million radioactive contamination deaths in a few weeks worth the cost.

Reality- Special operations forces from several nations (US SF/Ranger,Russian Spetnatz,British SAS,German SG9, etc)will need to go in, take the facilities, sieze the material, destroy the facility and leave. Let the Iranians stew for awhile and keep watch on em. But geopolitical issues will not allow that to happen in our lifetimes.

With nuclear weapons comes responsibilities. The old Soviet Union, the US, The New Russia, China, etc have a sense of life and importance therein. Iran is under a religious fanatic, with no hesitation to sacrifice his people for his personal religious goal. (most despots are not known for leading the pack in the quest to die, we can rest assured he will be in the deepest, most secure bunker in Iran, if he is crazy enough to let a few mushrooms grow).

This is going to go bad before it is resolved, nature of the political beast. Someone will pay dearly for the worlds hesitation in dealing with this, but our media will not allow us to act alone, and we have few allies willing to commit due to the politics involved.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 11:16am
I agree with Old Soldier.

Somebody mark that please.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Let someone else handle it. Seriously, who cares? They dont have ICBM capability, so they cant hurt us.I suppose dubya will feel the urge to bomb them and make a real enemy out of them though. After all, he only has a couple more years to accomplish his goal of getting us nuked and killed.
my concern is them sneaking one into our country and lettin it off
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 11:43am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

First off, nuclear weapons or fuel is not something to take lightly or with brute force. The half-life of the "dirtier" style of fuel we are talking about here is in the thousands of years, not weeks like US refined fuel. That means radioactivity in lethal levels for quite some time.
Second- delivery systems are no longer an issue. 1 lb of nuclear fissionable fuel, combined with 3 to 8lbs of coventional explosive will make a bomb capable of taking out NYC or Phili, or DC, with a suitcase and a crazy. Is 1,000,000 initial, and 3-4million radioactive contamination deaths in a few weeks worth the cost.

Reality- Special operations forces from several nations (US SF/Ranger,Russian Spetnatz,British SAS,German SG9, etc)will need to go in, take the facilities, sieze the material, destroy the facility and leave. Let the Iranians stew for awhile and keep watch on em. But geopolitical issues will not allow that to happen in our lifetimes.

With nuclear weapons comes responsibilities. The old Soviet Union, the US, The New Russia, China, etc have a sense of life and importance therein. Iran is under a religious fanatic, with no hesitation to sacrifice his people for his personal religious goal. (most despots are not known for leading the pack in the quest to die, we can rest assured he will be in the deepest, most secure bunker in Iran, if he is crazy enough to let a few mushrooms grow).

This is going to go bad before it is resolved, nature of the political beast. Someone will pay dearly for the worlds hesitation in dealing with this, but our media will not allow us to act alone, and we have few allies willing to commit due to the politics involved.
ure rite all the politics in this world have gotten so messed up to were we cant get anything done, sanctions arnt gonna do anything
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by DsXz DsXz wrote:

let isreal take care of it, then watch them get raped by every country that surrounds them

Sadly they are the only nation who would willingly do it without caring for political repercussions (sp?). We should do it like OS said. SF can handle it. To bad that there are so many panzy nations that would rather let a disaster happen before going to action then taking action and preventing disaster even if it means political suicide.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 5:10pm

Perfectly stated, OS, with emphasis on the 'religious madman' angle. Applause.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:40pm

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Why dont we just take over the world whilst were at it.

We need to just pull out of every where, let those countries destroy themselves, solidify ourselves, worry about restructuring our own goverment and paying off our world debt.

Lets worry about our own damn country for a change, Rather than policing the rest of the world.

Theres just one problem with that...those countries won't destroy themselves because they all have something in common:  they HATE US.  So if we let the run rampid then we in turn are going to get blown the hell up.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 10:46pm
Way too many people have been scared by the media and the president lately.
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:47am
Iran can not get Nukes. The problem is the US lost its backbone some time back, and is not up to a fight. If you need proff of this just look at the replys "let isreal do it" or any post about Iraq. Nothing will be done untill the US gets a set, unfortunatly this country was neutered a long time ago.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:49am
You are totally right Dune. Lets not worry about some third world religious despot touting "death to america" aquireing nuclear technology. Nothing will happen, we are just over reacting to the media and a unpopular president.

And you are right, when people such as John and Robert Kennedy are assasinated, and leaving ole Teddy (of Chappaquidic k swim club fame)as one of the flag bearers of the Democratic party, quite a family legacy.

Edited by oldsoldier - 04 September 2006 at 12:50am
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 1:30am

You are totally right Dune. Lets not worry about some third world religious despot touting "death to america" aquireing nuclear technology. Nothing will happen, we are just over reacting to the media and a unpopular president.

And you are right, when people such as John and Robert Kennedy are assasinated, and leaving ole Teddy (of Chappaquidic k swim club fame)as one of the flag bearers of the Democratic party, quite a family legacy.

Your sarcasm still does not prove much of a point. I didn't say lets not worry about them; however, everytime a country attempts to acquire nuclear technology that does not like us our government scares us into thinking WWIII. Although they never take into account hedonistic behavior, and the fact that the country might be smart enough to realize that one nuke versus thousands is a lost cause.

Your attack on Ted Kennedy is as useless and new as an attack on Cheney's hunting ability.

Edited by Dune - 04 September 2006 at 1:31am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 7:13am
Point taken, but please explain your sarcastic "attack" on Scalia, and Falwell in your signature, or are there two very distinct standards that you go by?

And please explain your logic on the Iran issue, with the anti-american retoric that Ahmadinejad spouts daily, along with his apocolyptic vision of the end of the world with his assistance in exterminating Isreal and a world without America. And he will potetially develope a tool to move his goal further along?

Religious fanatics who view death and its glory above life, would scare anyone, except..............The overall country may be "smart" but the leader and his followers, it works both ways.

Yep, a hypothetical,look into your neighborhood, joe bob the ex-fellon wanna be white power extremist spouts his dreams and leanings from his front porch, aquires an audience and maybe even a few sympathizers, and then states he wants to aquire a gun and take care of the problem, how far would trust him not to aquire and then act with that gun,irregardless of consequence.
Would you still ignore him as a simple minded fanatic?

Still working on that kinder, gentiler style. BTW on my Sociology Research (plus a little opinion, still workin on the college thing) paper got an A, now are the standards lower at a community college over a real university, unknown, but an A is an A. A little rough since I never did APA, but will post it up for your opinion here soon, will stick it on my webpage here soon so it can be linked.

Have a great day....long holiday weekend, wife and kids visiting reletives, I'm home stuck "dogsittin" (we did have the "Great Escape" yesterday as they tunneled out under the kennel fence, actually dug under the concrete footings, in a place non viewable from the back window, took quite a few hours to round them all up,time for guards and searchlights I guess)rain......pretty boring...

Edited by oldsoldier - 04 September 2006 at 7:29am
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 9:55am

Definitely like to read that. I will not say that we should just pass it off as if nothing should be done. However, like most power hungry leaders, they want to stay in power, and not rule over a smoldering pile of rubble with absolutely no civillians.

My attack on Falwell and Scalia definitely are standards I set by. I am no fan of Ted Kennedy either, but when comparing civil rights leaders versus extreme religious fanatics (yes I would consider Falwell one) and a man that has put his own agenda into deciding cases for years, it is a no brainer in my opinion.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 1:58pm

See dune, I consider Malcom X one of those extremist religious fanatics. I'm no fan of him, or Falwell for that matter.

Anyways, I say go ahead with targeted sanctions. It's not like the deadline matters anyways. What was the point of the deadline anyways? Unless that's the date sanctions take effect unless they stop enrichment, it means nothing. It's not like if they stopped tomorrow we'd still go on to sanctions because they missed an arbitrary deadline. They can alwys stop and we won't bother them anymore. The deadline meant nothing, if I were them I wouldn't heed it unless I thought I was about to get hurt in some serious way.

OS is totally right about the best way to stop the enrichment and nuclear development. You can't play around with nuclear fuel. We'd need to get in there fast with ground troops, secure the area, shut it down and destroy equipment and remove data(and probably a few scientist with the data)from Iran if not from the planet all together.

Israel isn't going to take care of it after what happened with Hezbollah. The UN totally castrated them and I wouldn't doubt Iran was behind this whole thing just to keep Israel on the UN leash. The UN certainly isn't going to handle this, and if the UN survives another 20 years I will be surprised. It's flawed in the fact that it's designed to keep a post WWII status quo bewtween territorial boundries and national clout. The 3rd world sees it as a way for richer nations to keep poor nations in their place. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Japan and Germany added to the security council, I think they've been punished long enough and aren't really threatening anymore. India also has a good case, and you might as well boot France since they don't seem to be major players anymore.

We're essentially screwed here, and although OS was kidding in his first post, handing it over to the next administration might not be a bad approach from a geoploitical perspective so the rest of the world doesn't automatically think Bush has just gone for global domination. It's sad that this would be the view even though attacking Iran would be much more justifiable than Iraq turned out to be, considering they at least admit to be enriching Uranium. Iran has a blatant hand in terrorism and I wouldn't trust them with a nuke. As for them not having ICBM's so we're OK, do you really think they wouldn't build them? When they get those are you going to say "Well that sucks but they only have enough to destroy the world once and we have enough to destroy it 80 times!"

People saying "Let the UN handle it" should wake up and realize that we're members already and have to draft and introduce resolutions. Nobody else is going to.

Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 2:35pm
I would like to Iran become a parking lot.
HOInfantry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOInfantry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 5:34pm

Martin Luther King, hehe... "I have a Dreamsicle!" hehe

Anyway, I don't think rolling up in there would work too well. I mean, a country could re-aquire stuff like that. If you took out their intellectual guys and prevented anyone from leaving or entering the country (hardcore embargos), and hit the nuclear plants, etc like OS said, that may keep them in check for awhile.

"HO is right..."

- Procarbinefreak
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 5:58pm
im tellen ya... nuke asia.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic