20 [41.67%]
4 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 4:50pm
Bomb the bejeesus out of anything that resembles a nuclear enrichment facility or any other building that houses important materials for the making of nuclear weapons.
The cost of bombing a few targets would not be very high. Rebuilding is what costs the most... Let them rebuild without our assistance.
Better yet: Tell the Israelis to bomb them for us; it's not like they haven't bombed Iran in the past....
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 5:20pm
The thing is they are a threat and so in N. korea along with every other country with people like Kim and Irans president in power. We do need to take out those plants weather they say there peaceful or not. Second:the U.N dosent ever do and they never will and the other night i was watchin the news and there was a quote on there from Irans president saying that he knows the end of the world is near and that he will help bring about it by destroying Israel and the U.S. So yes they are a direct threat as long as that nutcase is in power. What we need to do is get a rebelion to start in the country, that way the rebelion will either overthrow the government or take their attention off everyone else.
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 5:29pm
Blow the whole place up...

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 6:52pm

Let Isreal take care of Iran.

If need be, blow it up. Mind you, if need be.

Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

The thing is they are a threat and so in N. korea along with every other country with people like Kim and Irans president in power. We do need to take out those plants weather they say there peaceful or not. Second:the U.N dosent ever do and they never will and the other night i was watchin the news and there was a quote on there from Irans president saying that he knows the end of the world is near and that he will help bring about it by destroying Israel and the U.S. So yes they are a direct threat as long as that nutcase is in power. What we need to do is get a rebelion to start in the country, that way the rebelion will either overthrow the government or take their attention off everyone else.

Err, I think a rebellion in Iran would be a bad idea. You know that Khameni or Amhadinejad would end the rebellion with death and torture. I don't think tens of thousands of lives for a few months in time is worth it. Also, getting a rebellion started would be difficult since the Iranian people live in total fear.

I really hope somebody else does something about Iran, and not the US.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 8:21pm
People who want air strikes: You don't trust them to have nuclear material but you trust them not to retaliate against our forces and/or our friends in the area and turn "limited air strikes" into a ginormous war?

bassist11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassist11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 12:39am

Originally posted by Apotheosis Apotheosis wrote:

Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

3) If we just pull out of the Middle east Iran will believe we are a bunch of cowards and become motivated to launch a full scale war against America. Afterall, Osama bin Laden said that our withdrawl from Mogedishu is what motivated him to launch his war against us because he saw us as cowardly.

They would not launch a full scale war on us.  They know we would crush them like a fly. It is no secret that we are the most powerful nation around.

ya we are a very powerful nation, but we are starting to lose some of that power. we are pretty much invincible on US grounds but our whole overseas threat is starting to decrease. those Middle Eastern guys are learning fast. and they are killing a lot of our guys. plus with N. Korea and Iran against us, we have made a lot of enemies. i think we should worry about the US for once. fix some of our problems and let the U.N. take some charge.

pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 12:44am
Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

Blow the whole middle east up...

fixed
<no ginormous sigs please>
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 6:54am
Iran is not a problem, it is America that is the problem in the world, just ask the UN and all the talking heads on TV news. We have to wait for the next democratic administration to get involved, so our actions will be justified. Remmember the last "just" action by the Clinton administration in 1995, a one year commitment in Bosnia. BTW we are still there, still losing people, still dealing with all the problems therein. And not a peep from the media on how unjust, and how that policy "failed" since it is 11 years later and nothing resolved yet. SO if you are a democrat and deploy american troops it is just, required and needed, if you are a republican you are a war monger and are using American Militarism for financial gain only. How do we know this, just watch CNN, MSNBC, NBC,CBS,ABC, they will tell you so.

So we can just wait, till the next election and see if it will be a just action, or another republican excess use of american force in Iran.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 9:48am
^^^lmfao for a sec i thought ou were seirious

Edited by battlefreak - 02 September 2006 at 10:22am
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 10:00am

^^^  lol

But on point - it seems like many think that bombing Iran would be a simple thing, which I am not sure is true.  My understanding is that we have limited resources on the ground in Iran, and most of our intelligence is based on satellite surveillance.

Nuclear power plants are usually (but not always) easily indentifiable from the air, but that is not necessarily true of nuclear weapons research facilities.  So I am not sure that casually taking out nuclear facilities is feasible - granted that I am not with any intelligence service, and those guys are usually pretty good at figuring out stuff from limited information.

But assuming that I am right, we would have to bomb rather aggressively anything industrial-looking to have a chance of being effective in stopping the research program.  This type of aggressive bombing can hardly be called anything but "war".

And that all assumes that Iran does in fact have a nuclear weapons research program.  They have insisted all along that they are merely trying to build nuclear power plants.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 10:20am
^^good point its hard to pinpoint every place they would be using for nuclear purposes
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 12:22pm
Glass Parking lot seems a very nice option. Screw our reputation.

oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 2:53pm
Bombing nuclear reactor/ fuel producing sites is not really a good idea. The Isreali raids on the Iraqi nuclear reactor in the 80's made a radioactive mess of things. Look at Chernobel in the old soviet union. If this bombing is not done right, and an unrestricted reaction begins, we could have chernoble 2 and 3 and 4, etc.

The only way to safely do an operation as this is unfortuanately ground forces going in, securing the sites and shutting them down safely. And no-one in the UN has the guts to do it, and if we do it, the current medias "feeding frenzy" on the administration would be uncontrolable.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 3:18pm
Let someone else handle it. Seriously, who cares? They dont have ICBM capability, so they cant hurt us.

I suppose dubya will feel the urge to bomb them and make a real enemy out of them though. After all, he only has a couple more years to accomplish his goal of getting us nuked and killed.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 3:46pm

MT. Vigilante1) We have no troops or any kind of a presence in Iran to speak of.

Ok so no US soilders will get hurt when we wipe them off the face of the earth.

Edited by ANARCHY_SCOUT - 02 September 2006 at 3:50pm
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Apotheosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by bassist11 bassist11 wrote:

those Middle Eastern guys are learning fast. and they are killing a lot of our guys.

My, my.  You really don't know much about history, do you?  Comparatively speaking, they have barely killed any.  In the three year Korean War we lost 58,000 troops.  Vietnam took 54,000 troops.  Both World Wars were a heck of a lot more than that.  So to say that they are killing a lot of our guys after they have only killed around 2000 is quite uneducated.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 4:47pm

Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

You still seem to scare me every time you post. I at least somewhat agree with OS's posts here, but for the most part I'm glad the forum does not make any political decisions for us.

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Let someone else handle it. Seriously, who cares? They dont have ICBM capability, so they cant hurt us.I suppose dubya will feel the urge to bomb them and make a real enemy out of them though. After all, he only has a couple more years to accomplish his goal of getting us nuked and killed.

No ICMB capability thats right. But they do support terror groups such as Hezbollah. Who probably wouldnt hesitate to nuke Israel and wipe them off the face of the planet. Just like Iran has said many a time.
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 8:49am

let isreal take care of it, then watch them get raped by every country that surrounds them

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic