Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some people just don’t have a clue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bassist11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassist11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some people just don’t have a clue
    Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:08am
ok today we went woodsballin. we have this open area with some big clumps of trees and a windbreak goin along one side. so we were playing CTF 3v3 and i had went through the windbreak and all the way to their flag, came back through the windbreak, got their flag, went back through the windbreak again, and back to my side.... now there's this kid on the other team that's been shot in the face before because he took off his mask in a game, which he does a lot, and he's the type that will shoot you till you clearly hold your gun and hands in the air and yell "I'm out".... so i'm coming back through this windbreak right where our flag is, and i see my teammate and this kid standing there talking with their masks off. so i'm like "Ok they are both out" in my mind. I start walking towards them, gun down but mask still on cause i'm in, and this kid pulls up and starts shooting at me, using my teammate without his mask on, as a bunker. and there was a train going by at this time so we couldn't communicate. so he's shooting at me with his mask off, and i'm crouched down hands up screaming, "WHAT THE HECK" (only more profane). i get hit in the face and he finally stops shooting and i just throw my mask off and start yelling at him. to my surprise he doesn't admit that was stupid, he yells at me and says I'm out. I was so mad. I told him I would never shoot at anyone with their mask off, and he just says "I don't care. Shoot at me with my mask off, it's my fault if I get hit in the face." I couldn't believe it. We are cool now i guess and i'll be making sure the rules are known next time.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:11am
Did you just talk about paintball?

some people just don't have a clue
bassist11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassist11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:14am
lol. sorry it's so long. i'm just still a little irrate about the whole deal. if you read it. lol.
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:17am
3 points to you for NOT shooting him in the face.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:17am
oh no, I read it.

It would piss me off too. Way back, when I still played, if some one had their mask off in game on my field... they were ejected with out question.

But, just for your own personal knowledge. We dont generaly talk about Paintball in the T&O.

Edited by *Stealth* - 01 September 2006 at 12:18am
bassist11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassist11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:20am
well i know, but where else would i have posted this? i just had to get this out cause i'm still just thinkin how dumb the kid is.
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:20am
i would have shot him. just aimed a littler lower then his face...
<no ginormous sigs please>
bassist11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassist11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:22am

Originally posted by pimptastik pimptastik wrote:

i would have shot him. just aimed a littler lower then his face...

he was using my teammate without a mask on as a bunker. that's what made me mad the most i think.

QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:23am
Dude I was the teammate. He took cover behind me. I was right in the open waiting for the game to end close to the edge of the field. I was standing in that spot before and I saw the kid first and I raised my hand to tell him I was out and he just started shooting at me.
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:34am
ok here is the situation

=====================
    <bassist)
[{|}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
[.<shoots bassist here
[PFlag return       vStarted shooting at me here
[                      /
[.Me <----------
[.takes cover here w/ mask half way off
[

{}are trees   <---movement
[fence
=train tracks

Edited by QcXf - 01 September 2006 at 12:40am
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 1:18am
^^That helps. Thanks.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 1:31am
Wait I didn't know we cared this much...
<no ginormous sigs please>
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 11:29am
Originally posted by QcXf QcXf wrote:

ok here is the situation

=====================
    <bassist)
[{|}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
[.<shoots bassist here
[PFlag return       vStarted shooting at me here
[                      /
[.Me <----------
[.takes cover here w/ mask half way off
[

{}are trees   <---movement
[fence
=train tracks

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 11:41am
I hate it when people do that. During a woodsgame with some people I hadn't played with before, I was creeping along beside this road into the woods on their property. These kids were all huddled in a group, walking down the middle of the road, four easy eliminations. They had no idea I was there, and I had a clear line of sight.

Just as I'm about to fire the tall one takes off his mask and stands there chatting for awhile. I knew if I stepped off right then his buddies would start firing. They had already exibited how stupid they were off the field, and this sealed the deal. I called him on it in front of his friends and he denied it.

It was a bad day and I never played with those guys again.

They had no idea what a chrono was or how to use it. When I showed them and told them to keep it under 300 they looked shocked, as all of them were firing closer to 450. I could tell when the first guy hit me that he was way over.

The kids were throwing a frisbee up into the air and shooting at it. Nobody has masks on and wouldn't listen when we asked them to put them on because "we're not on the field." Then the frisbee went over their heads and towards the truck where my friend and I were sitting. And those dumb kids shot at it as it went over their heads, and bent over backwards as it came to us, still firing. The guns were upside down because they'd bent backwards and not feeding paint, so I'm not blind, but I haven't yelled at strangers like that in a looong time.

Sometimes you have to just walk away and leave the work to Darwin.

Edited by reifidom - 01 September 2006 at 11:47am

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 11:41am
that sucks...

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 12:01pm
If someone does hold you hostage in a game without a mask on. Hit him and get away.
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 5:23pm
that happens with us too. there is always this one kid who has his mask off in the middle of a game. it ticks me off because i'll have a clear shot at him but i cant shoot so i walk over to him and tell him to put his mask on. (we once had an incident where a person was shot without a mask and it hit right below the ear. it could have been much worse)
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 6:07pm

maybe everyone should have their mask on anyway?  until they're in a safe zone?  sounds like a good idea to me.

i would have gotten very pissed off.  it's people like that that give a bad name to paintball.  they're just out to hurt people.

X
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 6:44pm

I would have shot him (As low as possible) and called him a super noob

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 6:49pm
nah, i know where you guys are coming from, but you forget how paintballs break.  they don't just bust and fall to the ground, the shell usually breaks and shoots all over the place....  that's why masks are ALWAYS essential while shooting at anything closer than 10ft.  but you should wear your mask all the time when shooting a marker, but it's usually okay as long as you're very carefull.
X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic