Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Am I being irrational/ greedy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Apotheosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I being irrational/ greedy?
    Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:37pm
I have made about $3000 at my current job in the past 7 months.  At least 2/3 of that has went to my girlfriend and driving to see her.  In fact, that may be a little less than the actual amount.  I have bought nothing more expensive then a $30 game here and there and I have spent no more than a couple hundred on alcohol.

She has spent no more than a couple hundred on me, most of which was a fossil watch.  Normally, that is fine.  That is actually how I prefer it - I'm rather old school, but I just got off the phone with her and she informed me that she plans on spending about 10 grand this summer to travel to Australlia and New York.

Am I irrational to think this is a little messed up, to say the least?

Edited by Apotheosis - 29 August 2006 at 8:43pm
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:38pm
I'm not sure what part you find messed up...How much you spent? How little she spent? How much she's going to spend? What is it/ why?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:43pm
The ratio, I guess.  I have spent almost every last cent of mine on her and she hasn't even touched her money.  I guess it goes without saying that she is quite well off, as she is going to blow 10 grand on three weeks.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:45pm
Maybe she didnt spend much money because she's been planning a big trip. Does she expect you to spend all your money, or do you just feel like you have to? She should be in it for you, not for the money, so I'd imagine she wont die if you dont show up with a gift sometimes.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:47pm
Welcome to Al Bundy's world.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:49pm
Buy her a glass dolphin.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Maybe she didnt spend much money because she's been planning a big trip. Does she expect you to spend all your money, or do you just feel like you have to? She should be in it for you, not for the money, so I'd imagine she wont die if you dont show up with a gift sometimes.

She has plenty, trust me.  I don't really show up with a gift that much, it is mostly the costs of having a relationship.  Taking her out, driving to see her - about a 10 dollar trip.  When taken 2 to 3 times a week, 8 to 12 times a month, 64 to 96 times over the last 8 months it adds up and et cetera.

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Welcome to Al Bundy's world.

Lol.
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:00pm
"Its cheeper to rent"
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:38pm
Uh...isn't a relationship supposedot be about, you know, love?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

One would assume so, yes. But bear in mind, we are dealing with someone who thinks they may be greedy and irrational. And all laws of rationality do not apply to the irrational.

Zerglet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:48pm

It is, but I like the occasional gift as I'm sure do most people on here.  In the end it boils down to being thoughtful.  Taking me out to eat just once, or perhaps getting me a game that I have been looking at for some time.  It could even be as little as a 3 dollar card.

Edited by Apotheosis - 29 August 2006 at 4:49pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:50pm
Do you pay for her everywhere you go? Like the movies etc? 

sporx wrote:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:50pm

Yes.  Everything.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Apotheosis Apotheosis wrote:

Yes.  Everything.

Wow, I think you spoiled her. But I guess if I had the money Id take mine out. Lately shes been paying for me... Oh god I love her(more reasons than just paying for my stuff).
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 5:41pm

It is, but I like the occasional gift as I'm sure do most people on here.  In the end it boils down to being thoughtful.  Taking me out to eat just once, or perhaps getting me a game that I have been looking at for some time.  It could even be as little as a 3 dollar card.

im reminded of the song, "i would do anything for love, but i wont do that"

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 5:51pm
i will let you all know something right now...

for the most part relationships at the younger ages are silly hormone fests just trying to find "true love"...(making 3k in 6 months im guessing your still young)

anyways get a chick closer to you and save up to buy a better car or get an apartment....spend your money on you and not girls...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 6:12pm

Yes.  Everything.

Is this expected of you? Would she be mad if all of a sudden you didnt want to pay for her? I'm not talking aotu making her pay for you, but just payign for yourself.

sporx wrote:
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 6:18pm
dump her and do what rambo said, buy stuff for you, wneh you have a good job with lots of cash on hand, get a girlfriend, maybe even the same one
and also, what are you getting out of this relationship, are you getting a lot? cuz if you arent i feel really sorry for you

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 6:43pm
that really sucks. how old are you exactly? how long have you been seeing her?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

that really sucks. how old are you exactly? how long have you been seeing her?

18.  8 months.

Originally posted by TEHGANGSTER TEHGANGSTER wrote:

and also, what are you getting out of this relationship, are you getting a lot? cuz if you arent i feel really sorry for you

Thanks to guys like you I am a "romantic".  Youse make me sick and ecstatic at the same time.

Yes.  Everything.

Is this expected of you? Would she be mad if all of a sudden you didnt want to pay for her? I'm not talking aotu making her pay for you, but just payign for yourself.

Other than her thinking something is up, no she probably wouldn't mind.  I have just been raised that the guy pays for everything so that may be kind of hard to get used to, but I guess this is always an option.

Then again, that is not what this is about.  I don't mind being broke for her.  This is started off as being centered around her thoughtfullness, or lack there of and whether or not I should be upset about it.

Edited by Apotheosis - 29 August 2006 at 6:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic