FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sounds Scetchy, but oh well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ill feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sounds Scetchy, but oh well.
    Posted: 22 August 2006 at 3:49am
So... latley I have been fed up selling fireworks, I mean it was hella fun as a summer job, and a cool job in the winter(no one came in and I slept most of the time) but Today I applied for a Job at this MRS place(kinda like a State Hospital, but not really) so I see an add in their paper, which hired at $10.00 an hour, and I call them up seeing if they are still accepting applications/Resumes' and they said they were, so me and my G/F's mom go in there and no sooner did we Turn our applications in we were Interviewd, and no sooner then 5sec later we had the Job. I mean I got hired quick at my Fireworks Job, but I've never Filled out an Application, interviewd and hired all in a matter of 2 hours... So, I basically start tomarrow, I'm garunteed 40hrs a week at $10.00 an hour(which is 10x better then the 30hrs a week at $7.00 an hour I was getting at my other job) After 3-weeks of training(how to handle clients, and Restrain them corretly) I start my Shift which is from 11pm-7am, which I think is good because, while I'm at work all the clients will be asleep anyway... 

After a few months of working there(I think 6) I will start training for my RN which they are going to be paying 50% of which is... to good to be true, but I think I have to sign some sort of contract for that or somthing, but yea... Its ganna be nice seeing that $1200 a month paycheck, after being used to a $600 a month paycheck.  But... its ganna be odd working Graveyards, I've never done it yet.

Edit: Oh yea, the really odd thing about this whole thing is that me and my G/F mom are going to be co-workers.

Edited by Panda Man - 22 August 2006 at 3:50am
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 3:54am
"how to handle clients, and Restrain them corretly" What?
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 3:56am
can someone paraphrase for me? i am not about to read that whole thing..
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 4:12am
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

can someone paraphrase for me? i am not about to read that whole thing..
Panda basically got hired on the spot to work in a hospital. 

So you're going to be an RN? Good luck. Hope you enjoy giving ppl enemas and such.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 4:16am
if that's the same RN i'm thinking of, that takes more than just training..

and benji, RN's do more than that. hell my mom's an RN and she hasn't done that in many years.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 4:21am
Your hours suck ass.
dmp4892. View Drop Down
guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 4:22am
Yeah dude... becoming an RN takes like 4 years college.
My mom just became an RN last year.
She tells me some nasty things she has to do at work.
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 6:58am
sweet, have fun

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 8:00am
A whopping $14.4K a year, before taxes.  I thought you were living on your own?
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 9:58am
Nurses are in HUGE demand... hospitals will pretty much do anything to get you certified.   Of course they then own your soul for a while!
"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 10:00am

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

$400 x 52 weeks is $20,800 pre tax.   $14,400 would be post tax

"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Edit: Oh yea, the really odd thing about this whole thing is that me and my G/F mom are going to be co-workers.

Just wait till you guys break up.  Then it will be really fun, depending on the reason for breaking up.

Edited by The American - 22 August 2006 at 10:30am
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

Whoops, typo.  But still....
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:08pm
Sounds pretty good. My girlfreind is thinkin about doin something like that here at the local hospital too....I'd never work with my gf's mom though...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:12pm

Whoops, typo.  But still....

Yup, point still stands... but at least there is an option for some advancement.

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:24pm
The hospital here pays all for school...like, down to the gas money...that sounds like a bit of a rip actually.....

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:30pm

I couldnt work at a hospital,

i extremely dislike little kids and especially old people(besides a few)

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:05pm

Nurses are in HUGE demand... hospitals will pretty much do anything to get you certified.   Of course they then own your soul for a while!

that's how it's been for many years, my mom's years in nursing school were funded by the hospital she still works for. all in all it wasn't a bad deal.
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

I couldnt work at a hospital,

i extremely dislike little kids and especially old people(besides a few)

WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:13pm
HV is right, my mom is an ER RN, EMT-I, CN and she does a hell of a lot more than give people enemas.  She is near the top of the food chain though, and is also in charge of a state medical assistance team.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic