FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Assassins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 4:24am
I played it last year in the dorms. Some dude used a hot chick to try to lure me down the hall where he could shoot me, but I figured it out pretty quick, so he just sat outside my dorm for a while. I finally got shot on my way to class after I slept in and was already late so I wasnt paying attention.

Fun game though.

Reif, how do you get around the contact poison? Say you got my door on my car, is there a way to "remove" it?

What about disarming bombs? Say go out a different door and remove the one in front of the house, etc?

Edited by choopie911 - 22 August 2006 at 4:30am
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 6:24am
Once you spot the contact poison, it's fairly easy to get around. It requires skin contact, so even putting your hand in your shirt, on in a glove will make you safe to peel the tape off. The trick is catching it before you accidentally touch it. I came home to find it on my doorknob. We'd write the name of the person who put it there to call in case we were killed by it. Our poison had to be duct tape, and it had to be at least three inches long to be a lethal dose, although you didn't have to touch all of it. Some people allow vaseline, but that's hard to clean up.

Bubble wrap mines and bombs were the same way, marked by the maker, and also very clearly marked as not a real bomb, especially in recent years.

The bombs are a pain for the target, but they're fairly expensive to buy in game so they aren't that common. And it must be obvious that it went off. It must make a noise. If you can't hear it, you aren't dead. If you can defuse it, you're fine. Cutting the string that sets it off, or opening it up to take the thing apart. They're often very simple, and not many are made to go off when opened, unless you're being stalked by a really tricky person. Putting them on an exit door is evil, especially if it's the only one. A civilian can trigger it, on purpose or accidentally, but you're not allowed to ask them to do so, and they're taken out in case it matters in your game for points or whatever, but you're safe if you're not right there.

A good bomb could be some snap pops set at the top of a door so they'll fall and pop when the door is opened. Or a pencil, wound up in a rubber band and propped under a door so when the door is opened it snaps forward onto an empty shoebox, making a loud pop. Bombs can be very creative. Heck, you could put a kitchen timer in a small box and set it to go off when the target should be in the area, but you only get the one shot.

Some of them can get complicated, but very fun. A tape recorder, playing a mostly blank tape in the room with the victim, suddenly declares itself a bomb, or has you yelling out BOOM! on the tape. It might startle the hell out of your target.

You could hang a bucket of water from an elastic cord, and put a hole in the bottom, dripping water into a bucket below. When the bucket gets light enough the elastic cord pulls the bucket up enough to pop a balloon with a pin.

Place a black balloon in a window in the sun to make it expand into a needle placed just right.

Similar to the pencil idea above, you can take a paperclip and spread it out into an arc, then wind a button up in a rubber band suspended between the tongs, then place it in an envelope. When the target opens it the button will unwind, making the bomb's noise and killing them.

Hell, in the Killer book we used, somebody used a Foucault pendulum to set a timed bomb. These can get very involved.

And unless the bomb actually goes off like it's intended to, it's a dud and you tell the gamemaster you caught it.

If you use bubblewrap as a mine, it must be marked, and it has to actually pop to make the kill. No pop = dud.

Edit: Sample weapons

Basic
Foam dagger, sometimes with chalk dust to mark the hit

Blowgun with foam darts

Blackjack, a rolled up sock inside another sock.

Garrotes, silly putty string or toilet paper. Also, hands on shoulders

Animals
Rubber snakes, in a bed, or on a chair

Fake spiders, also in a bed or in a box

Killer ape, large stuffed ape / dangerous animal to be
found in closet

Killer bees, hidden in a box, possibly in a fake bomb

Falling/dropped
Staircase tripper, weak floss strung across a staircase, breaking it is a fatal fall

Pillow dropped on victim, aka 1,000 pound safe/piano

Fire
Crepe/Toilet paper, must encircle building. Cannot be caught or asked to stop.

Pistols
Water guns

Nerf guns

Disc pistol

Banana(fruit)/Cap gun/Flag gun, within three feet for a kill

Rubber band/Rubber band gun

Camera, must get victim in center or frame. Telephoto lens for range

Air cannon, the kind that shoot a blast of air only

Water balloon grenade

Electrocution
Tape a rope near a light socket and attach to a metal object, contact with object is death, rope can be removed by hand

Bombs
See above for ideas

Bomb Sizes
Letter bomb - Kills the one who opens it

Bomb 3in on a side - Will kill one victim, close

Bomb 6in on a side - Clears a room

Bomb 2ft on a side - Levels a building

Anyone killed by a bomb is within rights to call teammates who are nearby to report that they heard a large explosion

Poison
Write "Poison" on tape or paper and leave in or on a dish with food. Eating the food is lethal

Double sided tape/Duct tape, contact poison, skin contact is death.

Hard candies can be used as poison markers, i.e. buried in mashed potatoes

Poison picture - Leave contact poison on the backside of a frame, then tilt the picture

Deadly chair - Poison is written on the back of or under a soft chair, sitting is exposure to a hypodermic

Small syringe (no needle!) can be used to directly inject a victim with poison

Group attacks
Three or more killers alone with an unarmed victim may declare -
Them thrown out of a third story, or higher, window
Them drowned if near a pool
Beaten to death if alone in a room

Edited by reifidom - 22 August 2006 at 10:50am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic