FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

atheism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

My thing with "god" is... I'f I'm to truly believe what the bible says. then God is the biggest serial killer and hypocrite to have ever exsisted.

1. The 5th commandment states thou shalt not murder, well then what do you call flooding the entire planet and killing everyone but 8 people... and not to mention all the other instances like when he sent a storm of fire to wipe out those 2 cities. The bible says its cuz everybody was wicked and evil and junk... they're practicing god's promise of free will, if he didnt want us to sin dont give us the option.

2. There is absolutly NO proof that there is or ever has been a god. I mean really... how is there gunna be a random magicall man who has always been in exsistance and got bored one day and created this.

3. (styro kinda beat me to this one with that whole love his people yet send em to hell cuz he can...)

4. God admitted he was a jelous god, soo how can he say he is jelous, and perfect at the same time? doesnt make sence to me so somthing in the bible is wrong... and if we know there are things wrong in the bible. We dont know what we really can or cannot trust.

5. If he truly loved us, why would he make it possible to sin, its not like we would care either way if we didnt know what it was. Its not like this weeds out the bad people, If there was no sin, there would be no bad people.

Now I was formerly a christian, I was raised in a christian home, went to church every week. I did believe what i was being taught... but slowly i started thinking about it and questioning things (somthing most christians think they do but dont.) And I honestly dont believe any of the religions or theories out ther about how the world/universe got here. I dont know, frankly dont care that much. I'm here to live my life while im here and have fun doin it. Nit as it stands, I consider myself an aithiest and dont belive in a god.

Erm, have you ever talked to someone in your church about those reasons?

There really are good answers for that.

Well why dont u try to dissprove me cuz just telling me there are good answers isnt doin much for me.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

even though i don't like the name, i am an athiest as well.  it makes more sence to make up a story about "god", than for it to actually happen. 

Noah's Arc for example.  He got 2 of every single animal from all over the world into a boat that HE ALONE built.  What did the carnivores eat if there where only 2 of each animal?  Where did they poop?  What prevented the deformities of inbreeding?  Logical christian answer would be "god watched over them".  Well, How come god isn't watching over us now?  Why are children born retarded and not offered a complete life?  Why are people supposedly sent to hell for an eternity of nothing but torture and pain, but then god still loves them?

When i was a kid, i thought God was real.  I also thought Santa was real, as well as the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, and everything on TV.  Did anyone tell me they didn't exist?  No, i figured it out myself.  I did the same thing with christianity. 

Sorry about sounding bitter, guys, but i don't like to be called ignorant.  Beleive what you want, i don't mean for everyone to convert.  I'll respect your choices if you'll respect mine.

Its estimated it took him about 120 years to build...  There was 7 of many animals to sacrifice, fyi.  How much breeding usually takes place over 40 days?

As for the second round of questions, Im not sure.  But just because I dont know, doesnt mean no one does.

saepe fidelis
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:10pm

My thing with "god" is... I'f I'm to truly believe what the bible says. then God is the biggest serial killer and hypocrite to have ever exsisted.

1. The 5th commandment states thou shalt not murder, well then what do you call flooding the entire planet and killing everyone but 8 people... and not to mention all the other instances like when he sent a storm of fire to wipe out those 2 cities. The bible says its cuz everybody was wicked and evil and junk... they're practicing god's promise of free will, if he didnt want us to sin dont give us the option.

2. There is absolutly NO proof that there is or ever has been a god. I mean really... how is there gunna be a random magicall man who has always been in exsistance and got bored one day and created this.

3. (styro kinda beat me to this one with that whole love his people yet send em to hell cuz he can...)

4. God admitted he was a jelous god, soo how can he say he is jelous, and perfect at the same time? doesnt make sence to me so somthing in the bible is wrong... and if we know there are things wrong in the bible. We dont know what we really can or cannot trust.

5. If he truly loved us, why would he make it possible to sin, its not like we would care either way if we didnt know what it was. Its not like this weeds out the bad people, If there was no sin, there would be no bad people.

Now I was formerly a christian, I was raised in a christian home, went to church every week. I did believe what i was being taught... but slowly i started thinking about it and questioning things (somthing most christians think they do but dont.) And I honestly dont believe any of the religions or theories out ther about how the world/universe got here. I dont know, frankly dont care that much. I'm here to live my life while im here and have fun doin it. Nit as it stands, I consider myself an aithiest and dont belive in a god.

Erm, have you ever talked to someone in your church about those reasons?

There really are good answers for that.

Well why dont u try to dissprove me cuz just telling me there are good answers isnt doin much for me.

Go to your church, ask the preacher.  He'll be more than happy to help you, and he'll give much better reasoning.

saepe fidelis
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:16pm
Dune is a heretic.

Where are the buring piles of wood when you need them?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:16pm
^ i like how people tell you, you are wrong but they cant tell you how your wrong...

Forum Vice President
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:16pm
How does Noah live 120 years when living to thirty was considered an uncommon phenomenon back then? Useless question because I believe it's a lie and don't care about the answer. I just don't see how any human could believe that.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:18pm
I thought Noah was supposed to be around 400 years old.

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:19pm
Im not saying you are wrong, Im just saying that if you want to cross christianity off your life list, you should at least do it the justice of really finding flaws.

I cant write off evolution by saying that I dont understand how male/female came into play, just beause some random person cant explain it to me.

saepe fidelis
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

How does Noah live 120 years when living to thirty was considered an uncommon phenomenon back then? Useless question because I believe it's a lie and don't care about the answer. I just don't see how any human could believe that.

Going by the bible, people lived to be 750-950 back then.

Then after the flood god cut the lifespan way back.

I have no proof, but whatever.

saepe fidelis
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:22pm
Why didn't Noah put any cool animals in America, why are all the kangaroos and giraffes in other countries?
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

"Religious" and "atheist" are not the only choices.

thank you for saying that, its very true

i just dont need anything to look up to, plead to, or judge me. i will live my life based on the laws of the country i live in. and science will be my way to answer questions.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:23pm

^ well first you hae to belive the bible to accept that...

^^ yes well i dont believe in evolution either...

Forum Vice President
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Why didn't Noah put any cool animals in America, why are all the kangaroos and giraffes in other countries?

Cause they couldnt swim : P

Edited by Jim Paint - 21 August 2006 at 6:24pm

saepe fidelis
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:24pm

Props to Jim for complete honesty.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:25pm
Kangaroos can deffinatly swim. I made a thread about it.

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:30pm

Going by the bible, people lived to be 750-950 back then.

Then after the flood god cut the lifespan way back.

Thanks.

The 120 years really caught me off guard because I really don't know all that much about the bible.

My parents were ex-christian turned hippies now entrepeurners. The reason why my mother left Christianity because on the big day that you get accepted into the church as an adult is supposed to be one of the biggest days of your life and the people there are your new family. But as she was being inducted she looked out at the audience of Church goers and noticed the complete indifference in their stare. These people were supposed to be her new family and friends and they didn't give a crap about her.

Edited by Hitman - 21 August 2006 at 6:31pm
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:36pm

Easy, in the time the Bible was written, calanders were WAY different then they are now. The Aztecs (or Mayans, cant remember) were the closest of the ancient people to the modern day calander.

battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

I'll break my points up for ease. 1. I am an atheist, and it is infinitely easier for me to lack a belief in a 'god' than to suspend my intelligence.

So, let me get this straight, you don't like being called ignorant... but this comment is fine?

How about this... if you don't believe in God... don't push it down my throat or insult my intelligence or suspension thereof.   In return, I won't push my deism down your throat or call you a moron.

exactly...

Edited by battlefreak - 21 August 2006 at 6:56pm
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:03pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

I think there's a basic misunderstanding here. As an atheist, I don't have to prove there is no god. Atheism isn't the belief that there is no god, it is the lack of belief.

I would have to disagree - atheism specifically and literally means "un-god-ism".  It is not the mere lack of belief, but the specific belief that there is no god.  Simple non-belief falls into the larger category of agnosticism.

Im gunna have to agree with Clark, Agnostic is more of what your goin for BB
I guess I'll concede the point of definition here.
Atheist.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:52pm
Aparently my theory on "other-space" was just too mind blowing for anyone but Gatyr.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic