Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Shoots - Cyclone not feeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Shoots - Cyclone not feeding
    Posted: 20 August 2006 at 3:33pm
Noticed it after the last game.

I'd shoot it and no balls would come out, i'd have to press the reset level in order to feed balls in.

any suggestions?

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 4:45pm

you are probably low on air.

that happened to me before and I was worried too.

Edited by phil_stl - 20 August 2006 at 4:46pm
Hanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 8:40pm
i have about 1.5 left....

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 11:35pm

1.5 of what left?

uruz6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uruz6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 12:02am
Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

1.5 of what left?

Most likely his air...
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 12:30am

Man! Don't you guys understand I can't read minds.

1.5 of what left? of air? 1.5 oz left or air I'm guessing (because smarty pants above said air)? But how would he know or measure how much air he has left in his tank to say he has 1.5 (blank) left of air?

Please respond and make sense. Or I will go on strike and I won't give answers that make sense either. 

- Ya that's right you heard me : Rice Krispies!

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 12:39am
1.5 psi
Hanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 1:31am
1500 PSI
pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 9:39am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

1.5 psi

low pressure kit?
Eat The Brisket
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 9:44am
There is a FAQ on this topic in the sticky.  It might be helpful.
paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 2:35pm
chances are your ratchet is broken. does it have a letter A on the bottom of the feeder? if not, then call tippmann, and they should send you one for free.
98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:42pm
AHH no his ratchet isnt broken it still feeds when he uses the manual feed.  im guessing it would be low on air even if 1500psi should be enoguh but you never know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:34am

Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

AHH no his ratchet isnt broken it still feeds when he uses the manual feed.  im guessing it would be low on air even if 1500psi should be enoguh but you never know.

you do know that even if the ratchet is broken, the manual feed may work.................

right?

98 Custom
Cypher5601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cypher5601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 2:39am
this same issue happened to me. Make sure the air line that feeds the cyclone is straight! if its bent not enough air will get to cyclone to turn it.
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 7:21pm
What????????????????????????????  If the Ratchet is broken it wont feed, why? cause my ratchet is broken and it doesnt feed manually, i had a little bit of a fiasco with a e grip and now i screwed myself stock parts break easily 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

What????????????????????????????  If the Ratchet is broken it wont feed, why? cause my ratchet is broken and it doesnt feed manually, i had a little bit of a fiasco with a e grip and now i screwed myself stock parts break easily 

if the cyclone doesn't have an "A" on the bottom face of the cyclone, then it was made in the first production run of cyclones. these ones were prone to prematurely breaking and not feeding...i know quite a few people on here had this issue, but yet, when they pressed the manual piston, it stil fed. call tippmann, and they should send you replacement parts.

98 Custom
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 11:55pm
Those are like the first 1,000 A-5s  Tippmann has now made at least 400,000 Im betting its air for some reason.

fut004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fut004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 8:46pm

I'd assume he was low on air as well..

I was just taking some shots to test my gun out, and I noticed the Cyclone wasn't spinning. After about 10 more shots my tank ran out completely.

MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2006 at 3:14pm

If its not your air its your ratchet.  Also, just in case, make sure is lubed up good in the proper places

Hanz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 9:55pm
Sorry I haven't checked back...

It was the ratchet, the tooth was a chipped a bit.

Got it replaced and it's good as new!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic