Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

born ghey?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: born ghey?
    Posted: 22 August 2006 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

I dont believe its something they are born with because there are too many instances of men / women choosing to go homosexual after bad experiences with the oppisite sex, like a woman getting raped.

A.  Please provide some data on this prodigious number of people "going ghey" after "a bad experience".  This is a massive urban legend.

B.  You are confusing homosexual behavior with homosexual feelings.  There is a disproportionate amount of homosexual activities in prison, on ships, Alaska, and other places where there are not enough women.  This does not make these men truly homosexual.  Many folks experiment in college, perhaps after a bad breakup, but this also does not make them ghey.

Quote Again, to me, its chosen.

Based on... what?  Are you just going to ignore the science out there?

Quote It isnt supposed to be natural for one reaon: The (main) purpose of sex is reproduction, thats how a species lives on. But if you have sex with the same sex, its impossible to reproduce.

And that has what to do with choice?

Very random post, Linus.

on the reproduction note, it is in instinct to reproduce, but that doesnt mean that somebody can't ignore that instinct.  We have mindless sex, but we wear a condom, trying not to reproduce. But there are certain things essential to our survival that we dont ignore, breathing, eating, drinking. 

in the human species, and a few other animal species, sex is mostly for pleasure.  most sex occurs for pleasure, so homosexuals are not outside the boundries in the human species. 

the only reason we wear a condom is because we don't want children with that person but we still want that statisfaction.

and clark is a girl?  holy **edited**.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Again, to me, its chosen.
I personally choose not to believe in gravity.

Hm, if he can just choose to like women, because its an equal choice. He isnt straight, sounds like hes more bisexual if anything.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:20pm

Then how do you explain the continued popularity of soccer?

Hmm?

touche.  I really can't give an explanation for that, as i doubt anyone can.  But i can only assume, yes, assume, that its because other people enjoy soccer, or that there's a thrill involved.  I enjoy soccer because i like to score.  But seriously, I'm  not sure. Any thoughts?
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:15pm

Hmm?

I almost fell outta my chair.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:44pm

"Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature"

So we should do nothing but breed and eat and deficate. Electricity is not very "usual" in the natural sense, but what do you use every day of your life?

Are motors natural enough to be accepted by you?

What about the freakishly strong professional football players you see in the NFL? I see no natural reason for someone to be able to bench press more than 500 pounds, but there are people that can do it.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:22pm

uuugh this gives me a headache.

Anyway, who knows if all Homosexual people are Homosexual because they think the sex is great and are attracted that way, or if they accually do love the person.

Theres a difference between wanting someone for sex and love. You may think you love them but you might really not. I would be curious to see what the world would be like if everyone didnt produce kids but rather if they were just given to them by god or the stork or something. I know that sounds retarded, but im serious. If NOBODY ever had sexual feelings would anyone ever love each other? And if they did would there be Ghays? Or would everyone be bisexual? Or would EVERYONE be ghay? We will never know.......

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:42pm

[natural=] "Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature"

That's a bit of a circular definition, but ok...

So is left-handedness "natural"? 

Lou Gehrig's disease?

Einstein-like genius?

A preference for blondes over brunettes?

Enjoying soccer?

Computers?

And what exactly is "nature"?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

On Seinfeld, George turned susan into a lesbian for a brief time period. Then she came back and married him. HE HAS THE POWER TO TURN WOMEN INTO LESBIANS!! FEAR GEORGE COSTANZA!!

Its the glasses...

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:35pm
On Seinfeld, George turned susan into a lesbian for a brief time period. Then she came back and married him. HE HAS THE POWER TO TURN WOMEN INTO LESBIANS!! FEAR GEORGE COSTANZA!!

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:30pm

But you didn't read my posts carefully enough, anyway - I am not saying that a genetic link has been proven.  Rather the opposite, actually.

Youre right, I didnt read it close enough.. I read that I am ignoring science EVEN THOUGH I agree with the findings (or lack there of)

Quote Shall I clarify for you? It isnt natural, therefore its chosen / learned.

Please define natural for me.

"Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature"

Edited by Linus - 21 August 2006 at 6:32pm

TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:27pm
JESUS CHRIST HATES GHEY PEOPLE

jk, he loves everybody!

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:17pm

"Please provide some data on this prodigious number of people "going ghey"" when there is a lack of women, or for experimenting. That too is a urban legend.

I didn't say "prodigous" - I said "disproportionate".

And it isn't an urban legend, it is a well-documented phenomenon called "situational homosexuality".  There are countless studies on the subject.  Check google or wiki, or a library. 

Quote There is "proof" pointing BOTH ways Clark. You know that.

SO, are YOU just going to ignore the science out there?

That study isn't "proof" of anything - it is merely a study that failed to find evidence of a particular genetic link.  It doesn't prove or disprove anything.

But you didn't read my posts carefully enough, anyway - I am not saying that a genetic link has been proven.  Rather the opposite, actually.

Quote Shall I clarify for you? It isnt natural, therefore its chosen / learned.

Please define natural for me.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:09pm
Right back at you Clark...

I dont believe its something they are born with because there are too many instances of men / women choosing to go homosexual after bad experiences with the oppisite sex, like a woman getting raped.

A.  Please provide some data on this prodigious number of people "going ghey" after "a bad experience".  This is a massive urban legend.

B.  You are confusing homosexual behavior with homosexual feelings.  There is a disproportionate amount of homosexual activities in prison, on ships, Alaska, and other places where there are not enough women.  This does not make these men truly homosexual.  Many folks experiment in college, perhaps after a bad breakup, but this also does not make them ghey.

"Please provide some data on this prodigious number of people "going ghey"" when there is a lack of women, or for experimenting. That too is a urban legend.

I know a lot of people in the forces, none have ever had a **edited** experience.

Half my family lives in Alaska. None are **edited**.

No family / friends in prison though... you?

Quote Again, to me, its chosen.

Based on... what?  Are you just going to ignore the science out there?

There is "proof" pointing BOTH ways Clark. You know that.

SO, are YOU just going to ignore the science out there?

Quote It isnt supposed to be natural for one reaon: The (main) purpose of sex is reproduction, thats how a species lives on. But if you have sex with the same sex, its impossible to reproduce.

And that has what to do with choice?Very random post, Linus.

Shall I clarify for you? It isnt natural, therefore its chosen / learned.

Edited by Linus - 21 August 2006 at 6:12pm

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:31pm
Especially the dirty part.

I miss the days back when I was a girl. Being a kid is awesome because social conditioning doesn't force you to be a manly man who wants to bang hot girls. Don't let the other boys know you write poems. They'll make fun of you!
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:26pm

Seriously, Dune - I am usually very much an oatmeal & raisin kind of gal, but every so often I've gotta have some chocolate chunk.

I agree. Splurging every once in a while and spoiling yourself should be your dirty little secret.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:25pm
Seriously, Dune - I am usually very much an oatmeal & raisin kind of gal, but every so often I've gotta have some chocolate chunk.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:23pm
What about people who are Bi or even just Bicurious. What about Transgendered? Where is the solid explination for them that everyone seems to be giving about apparantly the only two categories that matter.
Apotheosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

It is God's fault there are homos, cause He gave us choices. Satan wanted everyone not to have choices, then there wouldnt be any gheys.

Or any straight people, based on Clark's logic. 

Linus, I know a guy that went ghey after he got raped by another guy.  Explain that one.

Edited by Apotheosis - 21 August 2006 at 4:17pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 3:18pm

Hmm?

Edited by Clark Kent - 21 August 2006 at 3:18pm
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 3:01pm

Following along that line -

If we accept for the moment that being ghey is a conscious choice - where is the evidence that we are born straight?  Isn't it just as likely that we are born homosexual, but most people just choose to be straight at some point?

Just because most people go that way doesn't mean it's hardwired.  Most people in the world like soccer, for instance, but there isn't (TMK) a soccer gene, so they must have chosen to like it.  For all we know we are all born not liking soccer, but people in most of the world are pressured into liking soccer by society.  Here in the US, of course, we are immune to that.

Thus my question - if being ghey/straight is a choice, who's to say which is the default state? 

Maybe we shouldn't be looking for a "ghey gene" but a "straight gene"?

its the default state because reprodection wouldn't occur if everybody by default didn't know how to have sex and reproduce.  The human race would be much smaller than it is or would fail if everybody didn't know by default to have sex with a member of the opposite sex to have child.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic