FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ouch.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:40am
Basic safety precautions that I observe with any firearm or marker if I don't know its status-

Remove any source of ammunition- hopper/magazine/air source/whatever.

Cock it so there's an open breech.

Inspect the breech, make sure it's empty

Fire the action to ease the spring tension.

Do this any time you pick up somethign that you don't know its state, and anytime you're about to disassemble a marker/firearm. Proper safety rpecautions will eliminate the vast majority of negligent discharges.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:52am
^^yea, but sometimes those darwin award stories are just too funny to care about stuff like that
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 12:00pm
We cant all be as sexy and smart as brihard, so why try and compete with his "safety precautions"? I'm perfectly fine with shooting myself in the face if I can make brihard feel better about himself and make a career out of it by rapping. 
Mateo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mateo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:02pm
I feel his pain, i got shot in the eye. I almost lost my eye, but the eye specialized hospital in the area, I can see.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:26pm
Lets see...

I bet that what happened was, they were messing with settings (dwell and such) and testing the effects each time they changed one setting. Therefore, air on, hopper loaded. The gun needent be apart to change settings on the board so there is no need to have the air disconnected.

Now, with the XSF chip and its "instant on" feature, he probably held the gun by the gripframe with the barrel facing upwards, and hit the button while lowering it. When he set it down, due to an exremely short trigger setup, the microswitch got depressed and shot a paintball off. They probably werent wearing masks, because who wears a mask when teching a gun? I know i sure dont.

Theres the story from my perspective. All of you who think they were "LOL MORONZ FRMO PBNATION!!!1111" and that they shot each other, are wrong. The guy who got shot WAS a great tech. He knew what he was doing. Not some idiot 12 year old who brags online about the crap he can do.

It could have happened very easily, but people seem to have to doubt everything they read on forums.
///AMG What?
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Basic safety precautions that I observe with any firearm or marker if I don't know its status-Remove any source of ammunition- hopper/magazine/air source/whatever.Cock it so there's an open breech.Inspect the breech, make sure it's emptyFire the action to ease the spring tension.Do this any time you pick up somethign that you don't know its state, and anytime you're about to disassemble a marker/firearm. Proper safety rpecautions will eliminate the vast majority of negligent discharges.
1. Hopper and tank were on cause they were trying to fix dropoff.

2. DM bolts are open bolt, no need to open it.

3. You cant fire the gun with no air source. How do you expect him to remove the tank and then test fire it?

Your gun safety rules are fine for REAL guns, not paintball guns.
///AMG What?
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:49pm
jesus...now that's what i call a freak accident...my barrel condom is staying on my barrel from now on whenever i work on it hah

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 6:52pm

Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Basic safety precautions that I observe with any firearm or marker if I don't know its status-Remove any source of ammunition- hopper/magazine/air source/whatever.Cock it so there's an open breech.Inspect the breech, make sure it's emptyFire the action to ease the spring tension.Do this any time you pick up somethign that you don't know its state, and anytime you're about to disassemble a marker/firearm. Proper safety rpecautions will eliminate the vast majority of negligent discharges.
1. Hopper and tank were on cause they were trying to fix dropoff.

2. DM bolts are open bolt, no need to open it.

3. You cant fire the gun with no air source. How do you expect him to remove the tank and then test fire it?

Your gun safety rules are fine for REAL guns, not paintball guns.

you can still take out the paint...

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 8:07pm
owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwww
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic