Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make your gun LOUDER?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RevoXT View Drop Down
Strike 3 and hes outta here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 1:14pm
Hm... so UV Halo, what does it sound like? Also, I don't know if this will fit on the Flatline Shroud (A-5)... has anybody ever SEEN it on a flatline?

Edited by RevoXT - 18 August 2006 at 1:18pm
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-Flatline + Metadyne Shroud
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 4:19pm
just get a rainmaker if u want loud
UV Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UV Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 5:07pm
It's hella loud for a paintball gun.  From across the field, it sounds like somebody is banging away on a thin gauge sheet of steel with a rubber mallet.  Me and another guy from my team were chatting with the gent in between games and we would hear him during the games, look to each other and say "Now we know where he is at".

I don't have an A5 but, if my memory of it's flatline barrel and shroud is correct, I don't think it will fit with the shroud on, it needs enough of the barrel to get a good grip and align itself with the barrel (even if it's aligned good enough with the barrel so that the balls don't hit it, it will screw up your accuracy if it's not true).
M98C- W/QwkStrpCut
Comp Air & Palmer Fatty Stab
Gas-Thru Stock
Lapco Sight Rail W/ADCO 30MM EDOT
Qloader W/ CMS
Freak SS W/Stif-Tip * Flatline * Armson Stealth
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:39pm
Dang, that sucks. I guess I'll buy one for my JJ Ceramic later on, thx. Also, why would I want a rainmaker? That's a Brass-Eagle gun buddy, I don't want something that can barely fire a paintball, besides the Flatline Barrel is most likely louder than that gun :-P

Edited by RevoXT - 18 August 2006 at 6:41pm
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:26pm

Originally posted by RevoXT RevoXT wrote:

Dang, that sucks. I guess I'll buy one for my JJ Ceramic later on, thx. Also, why would I want a rainmaker? That's a Brass-Eagle gun buddy, I don't want something that can barely fire a paintball, besides the Flatline Barrel is most likely louder than that gun :-P

agreed

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 11:28pm

You'd be dumb not to take the rainmaker.

Brass eagle wasnt always bad...
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 1:01am
Rainmaker? is that a gun, barrel, or what??
1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 1:27am
Rainmaker is a gun, people are acting like it's a barrel though, Why the heck would I get a Rainmaker (You Wont See Me and Dzsx) if I have an A-5 already? I am NOT a fan of brass eagle the only thing I like about them is their 12-gram c02 cartirdges which are excellent.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 1:29am
And here we have a moron.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 1:55am

Rainmaker is a gun, people are acting like it's a barrel though, Why the heck would I get a Rainmaker (You Wont See Me and Dzsx) if I have an A-5 already? I am NOT a fan of brass eagle the only thing I like about them is their 12-gram c02 cartirdges which are excellent.
Psh. It was me who started the Rainmaker craze! Or the recent one at least. DsXz got his just after I won mine off eBay. Of course, right now, his dominates mine, but that's beside the point.

Tell me Mr. Revo. What do you know about RM's? From what I can tell, nothing. Rainmakers, which were made in America, were Brass Eagle's throw into the high-end market. And they did a bleedin' good job. For a brand new off the line RM, MSRP was $300. That's amazing. For your money, you got an electropneumatic and reliable gun. The original model even had select fire modes! You couldn't go wrong. Unfortunately, in the last half of '99, due to tourney legality issues, Brass Eagle stopped manufacture of the SF boards. Then RM production stopped in 2001.

Now days, because of people like you, the RM is frowned upon, and only a handfull of people still make parts for it, the most predominant being Mad Marty and Rainman Customs. With the modifications you could do to this gun, you could have a gorgeous, unlimited ROF, reliable marker that wouldn't just keep up with, but beat many of the high end markers out there today.

Their current average eBay value is around $100, so they go cheap.

Guess what gun this is:

Or this?

Now, leave in disgrace for talking smack about something you know jack about...

Edited by DeTrevni - 19 August 2006 at 2:00am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 3:23am
LoL Excuse me for talking bad abount a brand of guns which I completely hate. If Brass Eagle makes one decent\good gun that does not remove them from the list of a dozens of horrible markers. A couple of my buddy's use Brass Eagles only to paint this broken down mental facility (Brook Run) and to play a little woods ball, and I gotta tell you, they are horrible. And there's gotta be a reason they stopped making them if they were so good right? This is the FIRST time I have EVER heard of a Brass Eagle gun ever being remotely good, Also correct me if I'm wrong, But Isn't Brass Eagle a USA Company? If so then of course it would be made IN THE USA like Tippmann not that I care as long as it's good. I gotta tell you I can't see that gun beating a Shocker (In my opinon the best bang for your buck out there) I can also say that on the Paintball Atlanta fields, I have yet to see ANYONE use a Brass-Eagle Paintball Gun, for a reason, Their current guns are horrid and if they made a good electro that's fine, They stopped making them so what's the point? Many Paintball Companies USED to be VERY good (In my opinon Autocockers are nowhere near as good as they used to be) but are now lazy on design concept, and execution\reliability. I just found it annoying that you guys started telling me to get a "Rain-Maker" when I simply asked for something to make my gun LOUDER. If anyone is the moron it's the person who decided to start talking about the "Rain-Maker" in this thread which I was useing to find modifications to increase the report of my gun.

Edited by RevoXT - 19 August 2006 at 3:26am
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 3:38am

Well, now this thread has been officially jacked.

Just about every gun Brass Eagle made up until the Stingray were great. I speak from personal experience when I say that. At about that time, however, Brass Eagle was bought out by K2 (which now owns WGP, so that would explain your Autococker thing too. New Brass Eagle = WGP = K2). Now their guns are imported from China or wherever, and their quality control went down the drain. Brass Eagle was a beginners friend, offering good guns for great prices. They made one of the first blowback semi's, they made high quality pumps, they made high quality electros, all available to the common man. They suck now because of K2. The company is no longer what it used to be, but you can't judge their past by their present. Deal with it.

As far as tourney players, they play what their sponsor tells them to. Wanna guess who won the the 2005 IAO? The Rainmaker Owners Group.

Edited by DeTrevni - 19 August 2006 at 4:07am

RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 3:44am
Hm, guess that does explain it I've only been in Paintball for a year so I never really got a chance to try Brass Eagle before they went bad I assume, And I definatly didn't know that Brass Eagle and WGP are owned by K2, but either way as of today Brass Eagle isn't good, and if K2 is what made it that way, So I don't think we are going to see a turn-around anytime soon if ever. Rainmakers will soon enough not be avaliable since as I checked around, there are almost no spare-parts for them so once they die it's hard to get working again I would guess. For the price where they really better than the Spyders? I got my Pilot ACS for 180$ and it was an amazing gun out of the box.
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 3:50am

For the price, in the day, you couldn't beat a RM. It was one of the only true electropneumatics in that price range. And they are one of the only ones still that can run effectively off CO2. Sure there were better guns, ICD was making a stand, but they were a couple hundred dollars more expensive.

Some people, like Rainman, still make custom parts for the RM.

Edit: I just noticed, his site just went through a server change, so it's not all the way up yet. Link removed. It glitched my computer.

Edited by DeTrevni - 19 August 2006 at 3:53am

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 5:46am

My cocker is prek2.  and i'm proud of it. 

however, RMs are awesome.  too bad my friend sold his before the craze came back...  That thing was a mess though.....  but it was still one of the origionals (single trigger)... 

i think i might pick one up.  so how's your RM coming, Detrev?

X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 5:08pm

Meh. I've yet to find time to let Brad Nestle look at it. And I'm too cheap to send it in to Rainman.

For those who don't know, I got mine off eBay for cheap, and the valve stem is needs replacing...

UV Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UV Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 10:56pm
I've been plaing since 89, and Brass Eagle has never been a top tier brand.  They had okay guns that were low on features, and they charged too much money for.
  Thier first Semi (the original "eagle") was recalled, and they had a lot of very expensive splatmaster equivalents (the double-action guns they were marketing as semi-autos).  There is good reason why they quickly became a fringe paintball company and then dropped off the market for most of a decade.

Not sure why the rainmaker wasn't received too well.  But, it's definitely turned out to be a diamond in the rough.

It's funny but, the Kingman EM1 suffered a similar fate as the rainmaker.  More popular after it was taken off the market than when it was on the market.
M98C- W/QwkStrpCut
Comp Air & Palmer Fatty Stab
Gas-Thru Stock
Lapco Sight Rail W/ADCO 30MM EDOT
Qloader W/ CMS
Freak SS W/Stif-Tip * Flatline * Armson Stealth
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2006 at 11:04pm
i shouldnt have said anything -.-

but since i did, eat this! i had the honor of holding the 1+3rd one, along with a semi electro pgp

besides the Flatline Barrel is most likely louder than that gun :-P

youve obviously never heard one

Edited by DsXz - 19 August 2006 at 11:16pm
RevoXT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RevoXT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 12:36am
I really can't judge from those pics since I can't tell what's stock and what's not, however I assume the stock barrel is ported.. which wouldn't be as loud as a non-ported barrel (Flatline)
Tippmann A-5
-Shocktech Drop
-Super R\T
-QEV
-JCS Powertube
-BT Sight
-R.I.S. Foregrip
-Stock
-C02 20OZ Anti-Siphon
-X-Core EXP Chamber
-Macro-Line
Tippmann C-3
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 12:40am

You really have no idea. My friend has a Flatty, and even what I can get out of my RM is way louder. The RM had a pretty nice stock barrel, surprisingly, but it didn't help. I'm pretty sure it's the way the gun is designed.

Man this thread inspired me. I wanna fix mine now...

Edited by DeTrevni - 20 August 2006 at 12:40am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic