Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann Triumph (not the hopper the gun)

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Joined: 19 September 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 11763
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:20am
Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

 

Hello,

All I have to say is that I am very disappointed that you guys would make a gun so crappy. Unless, it's just a massive prank.  Yes a joke, I sure hope so.  I would be so relieved!

I was happy with my 98 custom and have been putting tons of money into it but now that you are making guns that will compete with Brass Eagle guns it makes it almost not want to own any gun with the Tippmann name on it. 

Just looking at it makes me want to vomit.

Why would you guys do something like this?

I think your partnership with SpecOps was a good thing.  But this, this, this is just BS.

How could you?  Why would you?

Please look at your forum on your website before you do anything like this again.

Or have a moderator post the idea and take a look at the comments.

I must say you guys have top notch customer service which makes me very proud.

But this thing looks like an electric screwdriver.

I wish you could tell me this is a big joke!

Sincerely

A very disappointed Tippmann owner.

Okay, I will take the time to tell you why it sucks with a literary point of view.

1. Use "mature" language. Crappy and vomit are not good words to use to persuade someone of your point.

2. You say "this" a heck of a lot, but you fail to mention what "this" is. The employee reading this will be like, "WTF is he talking about!?" Even if you think it is implied or obvious, specifics are good.

3. Organization. You have paragraphs, sure, but they are like the Frankenstein's Monster of paragraphs. Just random thoughts thrown together. Start with in intro, maybe your past with Tippmann, then get to buisness. In one paragraph, say your opinions, then mention facts that would prove your opinions. Also, your basic sentences seem confusing and quite puzzling.

As a persuasive letter (a letter of complaint is basically persuading someone to see things your way), it just doesn't get the message across. You had all the time in the world to make it worthwhile, you should have put a little more effort into it.



Edited by DeTrevni - 15 August 2006 at 1:22am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Back to Top
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Joined: 09 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 10102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:29am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

 

Hello,

All I have to say is that I am very disappointed that you guys would make a gun so crappy. Unless, it's just a massive prank.  Yes a joke, I sure hope so.  I would be so relieved!

I was happy with my 98 custom and have been putting tons of money into it but now that you are making guns that will compete with Brass Eagle guns it makes it almost not want to own any gun with the Tippmann name on it. 

Just looking at it makes me want to vomit.

Why would you guys do something like this?

I think your partnership with SpecOps was a good thing.  But this, this, this is just BS.

How could you?  Why would you?

Please look at your forum on your website before you do anything like this again.

Or have a moderator post the idea and take a look at the comments.

I must say you guys have top notch customer service which makes me very proud.

But this thing looks like an electric screwdriver.

I wish you could tell me this is a big joke!

Sincerely

A very disappointed Tippmann owner.

Okay, I will take the time to tell you why it sucks with a literary point of view.

1. Use "mature" language. "Crappy" and "vomit" are not good words to use to persuade someone into seeing your point and taking it seriously.

2. You say "this" a heck of a lot, but you fail to mention what "this" is. The employee reading this will be like (like? thas teh smrt tokkin mang), "WTF (orly) is he talking about!?" Even if you think it (What is "it"?) is implied or obvious, specifics are good.

3. Organization. You have paragraphs, sure, but they are like the Frankenstein's Monster of paragraphs. Just random thoughts thrown together (Fragment, consider revising). Start with an intro, maybe your past with Tippmann, then get to business. In one paragraph, say your opinions, then mention facts that would prove your opinions. Also, your basic sentences seem confusing and quite puzzling. (Takes one to know one.)

As a persuasive letter (a letter of complaint is basically persuading someone to see things your way), it (Again, what is "it"?) just doesn't get the message across. You had all the time in the world to make it worthwhile; you should have put a little more effort into it (sigh).

By the way, Phil, no one cares. They will release what will make them money.



Edited by hybrid-sniper - 15 August 2006 at 1:32am
Back to Top
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Joined: 19 September 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Status: Offline
Points: 11763
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:33am

As it would unfold, I had gathered the easiest way to communicate with a...being...of his obvious mental "capabilities" was to reduce my own vocabulary to meet that of his. I hope I have not offended anyone in this process, but if indeed I have, there is little to be done about it.

Adieu.

P.S.

I hate you Hybrid!



Edited by DeTrevni - 15 August 2006 at 1:37am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Back to Top
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Joined: 09 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 10102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:39am

All in good fun, lad.

Back to Top
warhead View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language

Joined: 16 February 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 251
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 3:32am

oooooooooh.... thats an ugly

CCI - VSC Phantom - Tiger Stripe Anno

CCI - Duckslide Dropout Phantom
Back to Top
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Joined: 31 August 2004
Location: Tokelau
Status: Offline
Points: 4447
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:03am
Why does everyone think this is a prank?  You've been shown a picture of an advertisement in APG....  I know I heard talk about it before I lost my job, but like I said, Cedric is the one to talk to about it.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Back to Top
dirtbike14455 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1030
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:10am
i dont think its a prank , if its in a magazine its real. enough said 

Edited by dirtbike14455 - 15 August 2006 at 11:11am
Back to Top
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
I am even less fun in person

Joined: 15 August 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:17am

Ok.  Here are my thoughts on the matter:

1.  Calm down.  I remember when the A-5 Flatline came out.  There was panic in the streets, because everybody thought it was so ugly.  Now everybody loves it.  The new takes some getting used to.  I still think DM's are ugly, but I am getting used to them.

2.  To quote every woman ever:  This isn't about you.  Everybody posting here already has a paintball gun.  The new Triumph line isn't designed for us.  Yes, it would be fun if Tippmann made a "high-end electro" so we all could trade in our Angels for fancy Tippmanns.  But that doesn't mean that appealing to a different market is bad.  Don't change "not what I wanted" into "bad".  Judge the thing on its own merits, regardless of whether you want one.

3.  This is still the same basic technology.  Out of the box, these guns should shoot EXACTLY the same as a new 98/A-5, for half the price.  What's not to love?  Granted, the shells don't look as durable as the Tippmann shells, but I bet they are plenty durable for normal play.  So why the whining?  Could it be that you are upset that now the newbies can enjoy Tippmann goodness for less than you paid?  That sounds like the same sour grapes we heard from Shocker owners when the Ion came out.

4.  This could make good gun technology available to several new groups of people.  Currently, the choices in the $75-$100 range (for new guns) include Brass Eagle guns of very poor quality, poor performance, and limited features, and Some of the most stripped-down low-quality Spyder clones.  That's it.  Now, with Triumph, these same people will have access to the most dependable technology out there, with performance far above most Brass Eagle guns.

5.  This will open up several entire new markets.  Currently, if you are an occasional player, there is no point to getting your own gun.  To get a gun that shoots better than the rentals, you have to put down a couple of hundred dollars.  Now you can beat the rentals for less than $100.  All of a sudden, buying a gun for playing once a year doesn't seem like a bad idea.  The same is true for transitionary players.  Currently your choices for a first gun are BE or 98, and there is a bit of a price gap in the middle.  But what if you could get your feet wet with a cheaper gun that shot well? 

6.  These guns (presumably) present Tippmann performance at BE prices.  How is that a bad thing?  These guns weren't made for us.  But for the target audience, this could be an amazing new opportunity.  I am very excited about this - it will make equipment more accessible, and continue the move into mainstream for paintball.

That said, I know I am definitely getting one, gun whore that I am.

Back to Top
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Got me flowers for my birthday

Joined: 10 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4944
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:59am
wait....i thought we all determined this whole thing was a hoax to begin with?
Back to Top
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
I am even less fun in person

Joined: 15 August 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 12:16pm

This is not a hoax.  Tippmann is launching a new sub-brand:  Triumph.

You have already seen the loaders, now you will see the guns - at least 3 models at the moment.  I expect that more will be forthcoming.

Back to Top
dirtbike14455 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1030
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Ok.  Here are my thoughts on the matter:

1.  Calm down.  I remember when the A-5 Flatline came out.  There was panic in the streets, because everybody thought it was so ugly.  Now everybody loves it.  The new takes some getting used to.  I still think DM's are ugly, but I am getting used to them.

2.  To quote every woman ever:  This isn't about you.  Everybody posting here already has a paintball gun.  The new Triumph line isn't designed for us.  Yes, it would be fun if Tippmann made a "high-end electro" so we all could trade in our Angels for fancy Tippmanns.  But that doesn't mean that appealing to a different market is bad.  Don't change "not what I wanted" into "bad".  Judge the thing on its own merits, regardless of whether you want one.

3.  This is still the same basic technology.  Out of the box, these guns should shoot EXACTLY the same as a new 98/A-5, for half the price.  What's not to love?  Granted, the shells don't look as durable as the Tippmann shells, but I bet they are plenty durable for normal play.  So why the whining?  Could it be that you are upset that now the newbies can enjoy Tippmann goodness for less than you paid?  That sounds like the same sour grapes we heard from Shocker owners when the Ion came out.

4.  This could make good gun technology available to several new groups of people.  Currently, the choices in the $75-$100 range (for new guns) include Brass Eagle guns of very poor quality, poor performance, and limited features, and Some of the most stripped-down low-quality Spyder clones.  That's it.  Now, with Triumph, these same people will have access to the most dependable technology out there, with performance far above most Brass Eagle guns.

5.  This will open up several entire new markets.  Currently, if you are an occasional player, there is no point to getting your own gun.  To get a gun that shoots better than the rentals, you have to put down a couple of hundred dollars.  Now you can beat the rentals for less than $100.  All of a sudden, buying a gun for playing once a year doesn't seem like a bad idea.  The same is true for transitionary players.  Currently your choices for a first gun are BE or 98, and there is a bit of a price gap in the middle.  But what if you could get your feet wet with a cheaper gun that shot well? 

6.  These guns (presumably) present Tippmann performance at BE prices.  How is that a bad thing?  These guns weren't made for us.  But for the target audience, this could be an amazing new opportunity.  I am very excited about this - it will make equipment more accessible, and continue the move into mainstream for paintball.

That said, I know I am definitely getting one, gun whore that I am.



thank you thats it EXACTLY
Back to Top
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
~-o@

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: A comfy chair
Status: Offline
Points: 14109
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by warlord88 warlord88 wrote:

Why don't they build a bad *** speedball gun, it would sell.


Ive never figured out why this idea stays around. I guess it proves that people just dont use their brains.

Sell to who exactly? Speedballers wont buy it, have you ever asked them what they think of Tippmann? Newbie guns. Tippmann could make the most godly speedball gun ever, and the tourney crowd would still call it a newb gun.

Tippmann has a good business position making guns for rec players. Why would they dump a 90% demographic for a 10% thats already being fought over by more than 20 companies? Especially a 10% demographic of arrogant jackasses.

This thing is a super low-end bid for the wal-mart crowd. Nothing more. Dont get your panties in a bind thinking this is the "new" Tippmann gun.
Back to Top
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language

Joined: 21 March 2006
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 1519
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 4:27pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by warlord88 warlord88 wrote:

Why don't they build a bad *** speedball gun, it would sell.


Ive never figured out why this idea stays around. I guess it proves that people just dont use their brains.

Sell to who exactly? Speedballers wont buy it, have you ever asked them what they think of Tippmann? Newbie guns. Tippmann could make the most godly speedball gun ever, and the tourney crowd would still call it a newb gun.

Tippmann has a good business position making guns for rec players. Why would they dump a 90% demographic for a 10% thats already being fought over by more than 20 companies? Especially a 10% demographic of arrogant jackasses.

This thing is a super low-end bid for the wal-mart crowd. Nothing more. Dont get your panties in a bind thinking this is the "new" Tippmann gun.

Well said Enos,well said.

Along with you, Rambs. Very well put.



Edited by estcstpnt - 15 August 2006 at 7:51pm
Thinking about it...
Back to Top
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language

Joined: 21 March 2006
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 1519
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 7:55pm

Here's an article I found on the site. Not sure if it's already been posted but hear it is anyway.

http://www.tippmann.com/about_us/pressReleaseDetails.aspx?id =27

Thinking about it...
Back to Top
Frobs View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 21 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 9:33pm
"We're very pleased to finally offer a tournament-style marker and the Triumph brand provides us with the ideal platform to enter this new market," Ehren said. "While offering players a great new product under the Triumph name, Tippmann Sports will continue its unwavering dedication to manufacturing the most innovative, durable and upgradeable products for scenario-style players as well. We're equally as excited about some new products on the horizon for our loyal woodsball consumers."

Only problem i had with that.

It actually convinced me that, for what it is, it's a good idea.

Everyone else sounded like they knew this is a beginner gun, but that guy was all like "tournament style marker"

Maybe this will make some money for a fancy new inline smaller bore new valved ebolt based marker like I described in my previous posts.
Back to Top
dirtbike14455 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1030
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by estcstpnt estcstpnt wrote:

Here's an article I found on the site. Not sure if it's already been posted but hear it is anyway.

http://www.tippmann.com/about_us/pressReleaseDetails.aspx?id =27



wow i didnt see that but tippmann has a point. I cheap reliable gun that will shoot through abuse. I love tippmann and i will never choose another gun, I have over 15 thousand paintballs though my 98 and all i ever needed were some o rings and a sear. Now thats QUALITY, and its what i expect from these new guns. I bet tippmann wont let us down.


Edited by dirtbike14455 - 15 August 2006 at 9:35pm
Back to Top
Boo bear 2 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 August 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 64
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo bear 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 9:46pm
that sad 4 tippmann..
Back to Top
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Joined: 01 April 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:14pm

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

Originally posted by dirtbike14455 dirtbike14455 wrote:

Originally posted by BooksAndLeaves BooksAndLeaves wrote:

phil, that is seriosuly the worst letter ever


i second that

Alright, you seriously need to learn how to spell "seriously"!

Okay sure you might not like my letter because I have not tested the gun out. 

But letís note some things:

- The gun looks like crap.

Thats up to opinion

- Tippmann will be competing against brass eagle.

As far as company is concerned, that is a very good idea, look how many new players(refaining from the word noob) use brass eagle products, they have no competition. its genius.

- Tippmann was known to have rugged guns - you should even be able to run them over with a truck and have them still work great. (I sure don't think this gun is going to be rugged like the others).

Your right, it may not be as rugged, but its an entry level gun, and when I get one, I will personaly run it over with my dodge dakota.

- Did I mention yet that it's ugly - it looks like my Dad Mastercraft Electric Drill.

Again, up to opinion, but how many entry level guns have the molded rubberized grips stock?

- They are using the same sear tripping platform and the same valve platform, (this wonít be that appealing to speedballers). 

As far as we know, it uses the same. Maybe with some improvements. And this is an ENTRY level gun. Not an uber speedball oreinted gun.

- Considering most of the people posting on this topic donít like the gun there must be something wrong.

It only takes one to dissapprove, then everyone will join in. The more I look at the gun, the more I dont think its that bad.

- The specs all in all don't seam too good.  I though they'd be improving their guns and making newer better ones.  This doesnít seam at all to be any better than any more recent gun on the market that Tippmann makes.  This is not what I expected from Tippmann!

How many companies make guns every year, that are the exact same thing with maybe MAYBE alittle different milling. Bob long for instance?

Not so much a new gun, just a new market.

So "seriosuly" how is my letter the worst letter ever?  And instead of whining about it what can you guys do to make the letter better other than spellings words incorrectly?

How about you stop making cheap shots, the guy had an opinion, just like you have yours about the new gun. Your letter blows ass because you did nothing but whine and complain and make fun of Tippmann. And you also brought the forum into your letter. Not all the forum agrees with you.

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

Hello,

All I have to say is that I am very disappointed that you guys would make a gun so crappy. Unless, it's just a massive prank.  Yes a joke, I sure hope so.  I would be so relieved!

I was happy with my 98 custom and have been putting tons of money into it but now that you are making guns that will compete with Brass Eagle guns it makes it almost not want to own any gun with the Tippmann name on it.  

Just looking at it makes me want to vomit.

Why would you guys do something like this?

I think your partnership with SpecOps was a good thing.  But this, this, this is just BS.

How could you?  Why would you?

Please look at your forum on your website before you do anything like this again.

Or have a moderator post the idea and take a look at the comments.

I must say you guys have top notch customer service which makes me very proud.

But this thing looks like an electric screwdriver.

I wish you could tell me this is a big joke!

Sincerely

A very disappointed Tippmann owner.

Okay, I will take the time to tell you why it sucks with a literary point of view.

1. Use "mature" language. Crappy and vomit are not good words to use to persuade someone of your point.

2. You say "this" a heck of a lot, but you fail to mention what "this" is. The employee reading this will be like, "WTF is he talking about!?" Even if you think it is implied or obvious, specifics are good.

3. Organization. You have paragraphs, sure, but they are like the Frankenstein's Monster of paragraphs. Just random thoughts thrown together. Start with in intro, maybe your past with Tippmann, then get to buisness. In one paragraph, say your opinions, then mention facts that would prove your opinions. Also, your basic sentences seem confusing and quite puzzling.

As a persuasive letter (a letter of complaint is basically persuading someone to see things your way), it just doesn't get the message across. You had all the time in the world to make it worthwhile, you should have put a little more effort into it.

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Ok.  Here are my thoughts on the matter:

1.  Calm down.  I remember when the A-5 Flatline came out.  There was panic in the streets, because everybody thought it was so ugly.  Now everybody loves it.  The new takes some getting used to.  I still think DM's are ugly, but I am getting used to them.

2.  To quote every woman ever:  This isn't about you.  Everybody posting here already has a paintball gun.  The new Triumph line isn't designed for us.  Yes, it would be fun if Tippmann made a "high-end electro" so we all could trade in our Angels for fancy Tippmanns.  But that doesn't mean that appealing to a different market is bad.  Don't change "not what I wanted" into "bad".  Judge the thing on its own merits, regardless of whether you want one.

3.  This is still the same basic technology.  Out of the box, these guns should shoot EXACTLY the same as a new 98/A-5, for half the price.  What's not to love?  Granted, the shells don't look as durable as the Tippmann shells, but I bet they are plenty durable for normal play.  So why the whining?  Could it be that you are upset that now the newbies can enjoy Tippmann goodness for less than you paid?  That sounds like the same sour grapes we heard from Shocker owners when the Ion came out.

4.  This could make good gun technology available to several new groups of people.  Currently, the choices in the $75-$100 range (for new guns) include Brass Eagle guns of very poor quality, poor performance, and limited features, and Some of the most stripped-down low-quality Spyder clones.  That's it.  Now, with Triumph, these same people will have access to the most dependable technology out there, with performance far above most Brass Eagle guns.

5.  This will open up several entire new markets.  Currently, if you are an occasional player, there is no point to getting your own gun.  To get a gun that shoots better than the rentals, you have to put down a couple of hundred dollars.  Now you can beat the rentals for less than $100.  All of a sudden, buying a gun for playing once a year doesn't seem like a bad idea.  The same is true for transitionary players.  Currently your choices for a first gun are BE or 98, and there is a bit of a price gap in the middle.  But what if you could get your feet wet with a cheaper gun that shot well? 

6.  These guns (presumably) present Tippmann performance at BE prices.  How is that a bad thing?  These guns weren't made for us.  But for the target audience, this could be an amazing new opportunity.  I am very excited about this - it will make equipment more accessible, and continue the move into mainstream for paintball.

That said, I know I am definitely getting one, gun whore that I am.

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by warlord88 warlord88 wrote:

Why don't they build a bad *** speedball gun, it would sell.


Ive never figured out why this idea stays around. I guess it proves that people just dont use their brains.

Sell to who exactly? Speedballers wont buy it, have you ever asked them what they think of Tippmann? Newbie guns. Tippmann could make the most godly speedball gun ever, and the tourney crowd would still call it a newb gun.

Tippmann has a good business position making guns for rec players. Why would they dump a 90% demographic for a 10% thats already being fought over by more than 20 companies? Especially a 10% demographic of arrogant jackasses.

This thing is a super low-end bid for the wal-mart crowd. Nothing more. Dont get your panties in a bind thinking this is the "new" Tippmann gun.

Well all I can say is wow.  My perspective has taken a turn. (I still think its an ugly gun) but everything that was mentioned about the gun has not only proven me wrong but has really shown how good of a business Tippmann is.  They have a game plan, they have a strategy.

So I will except my defeat as it being said that my e-mail sucked.  And looking back on if it were an essay I'd have to write in University it literally did suck (i've had three months off of University so in that time I try to use my brain the least I can).  But it's okay, I can take the fact that I was proven wrong.  It doesn't bother me too much. I guess the saying is "I've got broad shoulders" (it only took 3 hours of crying in my room for me to get over being proved wrong) lol. 

Ya and acctually I hadn't sent the e-mail to Tippmann yet (I just saved it in word for when I was going to send it). The reason for not sending it yet is because my Super RT isn't working and I figured that I would send my gun to Tippmann if after testing everything and if I couldn't fix the problem I'd send it to them.  And to send them an e-mail you must put down all your info (house address and all, so if I sent them an e-mail saying something they recently came out with sucked and then I send them my non working gun and Super RT and ask them to fix it.  It's pretty rude and I can't find another word for this but I guess : it would be two faced as well.

Anyway thanks guys for opening up the horizon to let me see a different perspective on things.

Now can anyone help me stop hating Bush? jks.



Edited by phil_stl - 15 August 2006 at 10:16pm
Back to Top
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

Originally posted by dirtbike14455 dirtbike14455 wrote:

Originally posted by BooksAndLeaves BooksAndLeaves wrote:

phil, that is seriosuly the worst letter ever


i second that

Alright, you seriously need to learn how to spell "seriously"!

Okay sure you might not like my letter because I have not tested the gun out. 

But letís note some things:

- The gun looks like crap.

Thats up to opinion

- Tippmann will be competing against brass eagle.

As far as company is concerned, that is a very good idea, look how many new players(refaining from the word noob) use brass eagle products, they have no competition. its genius.

- Tippmann was known to have rugged guns - you should even be able to run them over with a truck and have them still work great. (I sure don't think this gun is going to be rugged like the others).

Your right, it may not be as rugged, but its an entry level gun, and when I get one, I will personaly run it over with my dodge dakota.

- Did I mention yet that it's ugly - it looks like my Dad Mastercraft Electric Drill.

Again, up to opinion, but how many entry level guns have the molded rubberized grips stock?

- They are using the same sear tripping platform and the same valve platform, (this wonít be that appealing to speedballers). 

As far as we know, it uses the same. Maybe with some improvements. And this is an ENTRY level gun. Not an uber speedball oreinted gun.

- Considering most of the people posting on this topic donít like the gun there must be something wrong.

It only takes one to dissapprove, then everyone will join in. The more I look at the gun, the more I dont think its that bad.

- The specs all in all don't seam too good.  I though they'd be improving their guns and making newer better ones.  This doesnít seam at all to be any better than any more recent gun on the market that Tippmann makes.  This is not what I expected from Tippmann!

How many companies make guns every year, that are the exact same thing with maybe MAYBE alittle different milling. Bob long for instance?

Not so much a new gun, just a new market.

So "seriosuly" how is my letter the worst letter ever?  And instead of whining about it what can you guys do to make the letter better other than spellings words incorrectly?

How about you stop making cheap shots, the guy had an opinion, just like you have yours about the new gun. Your letter blows ass because you did nothing but whine and complain and make fun of Tippmann. And you also brought the forum into your letter. Not all the forum agrees with you.

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

Hello,

All I have to say is that I am very disappointed that you guys would make a gun so crappy. Unless, it's just a massive prank.  Yes a joke, I sure hope so.  I would be so relieved!

I was happy with my 98 custom and have been putting tons of money into it but now that you are making guns that will compete with Brass Eagle guns it makes it almost not want to own any gun with the Tippmann name on it.  

Just looking at it makes me want to vomit.

Why would you guys do something like this?

I think your partnership with SpecOps was a good thing.  But this, this, this is just BS.

How could you?  Why would you?

Please look at your forum on your website before you do anything like this again.

Or have a moderator post the idea and take a look at the comments.

I must say you guys have top notch customer service which makes me very proud.

But this thing looks like an electric screwdriver.

I wish you could tell me this is a big joke!

Sincerely

A very disappointed Tippmann owner.

Okay, I will take the time to tell you why it sucks with a literary point of view.

1. Use "mature" language. Crappy and vomit are not good words to use to persuade someone of your point.

2. You say "this" a heck of a lot, but you fail to mention what "this" is. The employee reading this will be like, "WTF is he talking about!?" Even if you think it is implied or obvious, specifics are good.

3. Organization. You have paragraphs, sure, but they are like the Frankenstein's Monster of paragraphs. Just random thoughts thrown together. Start with in intro, maybe your past with Tippmann, then get to buisness. In one paragraph, say your opinions, then mention facts that would prove your opinions. Also, your basic sentences seem confusing and quite puzzling.

As a persuasive letter (a letter of complaint is basically persuading someone to see things your way), it just doesn't get the message across. You had all the time in the world to make it worthwhile, you should have put a little more effort into it.

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Ok.  Here are my thoughts on the matter:

1.  Calm down.  I remember when the A-5 Flatline came out.  There was panic in the streets, because everybody thought it was so ugly.  Now everybody loves it.  The new takes some getting used to.  I still think DM's are ugly, but I am getting used to them.

2.  To quote every woman ever:  This isn't about you.  Everybody posting here already has a paintball gun.  The new Triumph line isn't designed for us.  Yes, it would be fun if Tippmann made a "high-end electro" so we all could trade in our Angels for fancy Tippmanns.  But that doesn't mean that appealing to a different market is bad.  Don't change "not what I wanted" into "bad".  Judge the thing on its own merits, regardless of whether you want one.

3.  This is still the same basic technology.  Out of the box, these guns should shoot EXACTLY the same as a new 98/A-5, for half the price.  What's not to love?  Granted, the shells don't look as durable as the Tippmann shells, but I bet they are plenty durable for normal play.  So why the whining?  Could it be that you are upset that now the newbies can enjoy Tippmann goodness for less than you paid?  That sounds like the same sour grapes we heard from Shocker owners when the Ion came out.

4.  This could make good gun technology available to several new groups of people.  Currently, the choices in the $75-$100 range (for new guns) include Brass Eagle guns of very poor quality, poor performance, and limited features, and Some of the most stripped-down low-quality Spyder clones.  That's it.  Now, with Triumph, these same people will have access to the most dependable technology out there, with performance far above most Brass Eagle guns.

5.  This will open up several entire new markets.  Currently, if you are an occasional player, there is no point to getting your own gun.  To get a gun that shoots better than the rentals, you have to put down a couple of hundred dollars.  Now you can beat the rentals for less than $100.  All of a sudden, buying a gun for playing once a year doesn't seem like a bad idea.  The same is true for transitionary players.  Currently your choices for a first gun are BE or 98, and there is a bit of a price gap in the middle.  But what if you could get your feet wet with a cheaper gun that shot well? 

6.  These guns (presumably) present Tippmann performance at BE prices.  How is that a bad thing?  These guns weren't made for us.  But for the target audience, this could be an amazing new opportunity.  I am very excited about this - it will make equipment more accessible, and continue the move into mainstream for paintball.

That said, I know I am definitely getting one, gun whore that I am.

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by warlord88 warlord88 wrote:

Why don't they build a bad *** speedball gun, it would sell.


Ive never figured out why this idea stays around. I guess it proves that people just dont use their brains.

Sell to who exactly? Speedballers wont buy it, have you ever asked them what they think of Tippmann? Newbie guns. Tippmann could make the most godly speedball gun ever, and the tourney crowd would still call it a newb gun.

Tippmann has a good business position making guns for rec players. Why would they dump a 90% demographic for a 10% thats already being fought over by more than 20 companies? Especially a 10% demographic of arrogant jackasses.

This thing is a super low-end bid for the wal-mart crowd. Nothing more. Dont get your panties in a bind thinking this is the "new" Tippmann gun.

Well all I can say is wow.  My perspective has taken a turn. (I still think its an ugly gun) but everything that was mentioned about the gun has not only proven me wrong but has really shown how good of a business Tippmann is.  They have a game plan, they have a strategy.

So I will except my defeat as it being said that my e-mail sucked.  And looking back on if it were an essay I'd have to write in University it literally did suck (i've had three months off of University so in that time I try to use my brain the least I can).  But it's okay, I can take the fact that I was proven wrong.  It doesn't bother me too much. I guess the saying is "I've got broad shoulders" (it only took 3 hours of crying in my room for me to get over being proved wrong) lol. 

Ya and acctually I hadn't sent the e-mail to Tippmann yet (I just saved it in word for when I was going to send it). The reason for not sending it yet is because my Super RT isn't working and I figured that I would send my gun to Tippmann if after testing everything and if I couldn't fix the problem I'd send it to them.  And to send them an e-mail you must put down all your info (house address and all, so if I sent them an e-mail saying something they recently came out with sucked and then I send them my non working gun and Super RT and ask them to fix it.  It's pretty rude and I can't find another word for this but I guess : it would be two faced as well.

Anyway thanks guys for opening up the horizon to let me see a different perspective on things.

Now can anyone help me stop hating Bush? jks.

i stand by it's ugly as sin though...  they should have just used a basic tube design that looked higher-quality... 

X
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 12:57am
The marker looks horid. The perfomance, who knows, but I would love to find out. Sure I would never use it as a primary on the spedball field, but that doesn't remove any of my curiosity. Still, I wanted to say to all the ney-sayers, ha, I told ya so.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.250 seconds.