Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which barrel for A-5?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
absinth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absinth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which barrel for A-5?
    Posted: 07 August 2006 at 1:28am

I just got a tippmann A-5 and everything is stock. The barrel i notice sucks. I want a barrel that is good for snipeing ( as does everyone ). I was thinking of a flatline but i read they are not accuret. What about a sniper 14-16'' barell from tippmann? and is longer better? Anyways just please post what barrel i should get and maybe a website i could find it at. Thanks.

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 8:16am

Longer isnt always better...

If you're looking for distance, you'll want a Flatline or Apex.

If you're looking for accuracy, look at a LAPCO Bigshot or JJ Ceramic.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 10:05pm
Flatline.
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 10:16pm
JJ Ceramic or flatline
EliteEagleX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EliteEagleX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 5:36pm
Flatline will shot the farthest, and for the length it technically shoots the most accurate (in it's barrel length range it is THE most accurate 8 inch to 10 inch barrel I have ever encountered)Also, the Flatline is basically the best sniper barrel because the key to making a paintball gun a sniper is range.. just like in real life a sniper-rifle is called a sniper-rifle because it can go very very far. The Flatline will out-shoot basically all other barrels range wise. And due to it's short length you can pop and shoot too

Edited by EliteEagleX - 08 August 2006 at 5:37pm
A5 lover78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 lover78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2006 at 9:32pm

I have a 32 degreess night stick how is that compare?

buhju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buhju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 2:06am

I have an opsgear 18" interceptor and its the most accurate barrel i know of.

I also have an apex and it shoots farther and is more accurate than a flatline.

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 9:24am
Definitely a Flatline barrel. If you match some good small-bore paint with the right velocity (260-280fps) you'll get the distance and accuracy you desire.
Koyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 3:32pm
I wouldn't waste my money on a flatline because the thing is to touchie with paint i'd honestly go with an apex barrel or a 16 inche jj barrel.
Tippmann X7
Tippmann Custom Pro E trigger
Tippmann Pro/Carbine
Tippmann C-3
Tippmann 98 Custom
Tippmann A-5
expansion kit
flatline

an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2006 at 5:39pm

^^^ i agree. not a good barrel if you go to a turnney that has field paint that you HAVE to buy.

I know Im just starting a fire but try this

http://www.hammerheadpaintball.com/barrels.html

I want the shark tooth

1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic