FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the point of religion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

What I don't tolerate is when religious people try to insist to me that they're right, or in any way try to shove their religion in my face.

True that. That has to be THE number one thing that really ticks me off. I can put up with almost anything else out of a person, but that will make me speak up. I've been there many times too, and it sucks because it's hard to say anything without being a jerk...

This is also why "faith based" political initiatives bother me so much....

BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

Originally posted by TEHGANGSTER TEHGANGSTER wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

I've recently converted from Catholocism to Atheism. It feels damn good.
me too, yay its so pointless

Originally posted by Kirk Cameron Kirk Cameron wrote:

ZOMG THUR R NO ATHEISTSS!!!1!

Thanks for making that clear, Kirk.

Ah Kirk, you silly, silly man: Bananas - An atheists nightmare!
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

no! NO! NOOOOOO!!

NOT THE BANANA!! ANYTHING BUT THE BANANA!!
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:14pm

What I don't tolerate is when religious people try to insist to me that they're right, or in any way try to shove their religion in my face.

Most of us feel the same way when aethiests push their view points as well, Bri   Thats why I've never once told another person their beleifs are any more or less true then mine.

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:16pm
I would agree, but to me, we've almost earned the double standard. We actually have proof for what we believe and logic behind our statements....our stuff doesn't come down to faith and can actually be agrued...

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

I would agree, but to me, we've almost earned the double standard. We actually have proof for what we believe and logic behind our statements....our stuff doesn't come down to faith and can actually be agrued...

So you can yell and holler there is no god and chirstians just have to sit there quietly and take it? Cozy world you have ryan.

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Most of us feel the same way when aethiests push their view points as well, Bri   Thats why I've never once told another person their beleifs are any more or less true then mine.

yea, i couldve sworn the point of religion was to respect other religions....i mean, im an atheist, but im a fairly decent person, i help out around places and stuff, so just bc i dont believe im going to a place they all call hell?

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:22pm
I am a Christian (not sure which one, but a Christian none the less), and I can tell you why. I enjoy the prospect of a better life than here on Earth. Of peace, comfort, all the works. And if believing in such a place offers any sort of comfort here on Earth, then danged if I won't...

Edited by DeTrevni - 29 July 2006 at 9:22pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I am a Christian (not sure which one, but a Christian none the less), and I can tell you why. I enjoy the prospect of a better life than here on Earth. Of peace, comfort, all the works. And if believing in such a place offers any sort of comfort here on Earth, then danged if I won't...

im not saying its bad to believe it, but i keep getting told by people i know that since im not a believer, im going to hell despite the good that i do. either way, id rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints i guess.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

im not saying its bad to believe it, but i keep getting told by people i know that since im not a believer, im going to hell despite the good that i do. either way, id rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints i guess.

There are bums in every part of life.  To those people that critisize your beleifs, go ahead and state your views.  My only problem is when people openly bash religion simply because some small group of that religion didnt like their belifs.  Thats just as bad as they are.

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:34pm
All Hail the Mighty Y'Plagu!
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:43pm

I don't agree with forcing religion on people either. Heck, not all of Christianity believs in hell either. My mom (a hard core Christian) doesn't. She believes the Earth we live on, the physical embodiment, is hell enough. She says the after life can only get better, no worse. Which, I must say, feels kind of good to believe in.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 9:54pm

I don't agree with forcing religion on people either. Heck, not all of Christianity believs in hell either. My mom (a hard core Christian) doesn't. She believes the Earth we live on, the physical embodiment, is hell enough. She says the after life can only get better, no worse. Which, I must say, feels kind of good to believe in.

well tell your mom i agree 100% man, life on earth is definitely hell enough, especially for the stuff thats thrown at us

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 10:40pm

I've rencently converted from Baptist Christian to Atheism, and yes it does feel damn good.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 10:44pm
We're forgetting the Shenko Church of Heavy Righteousness.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 11:02pm
yup and a good one it is

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 12:49am

well tell your mom i agree 100% man, life on earth is definitely hell enough, especially for the stuff thats thrown at us

I don't know about that, I think my life's pretty damn good myself.
I need a new Sig...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

I don't know about that, I think my life's pretty damn good myself.

yea, but thats the thing, you never know when your life is gonna change, you can get up tomorrow and get hit by another car (just an example). that, or you go to the doctor for a physical and find out you have cancer or diabetes or something, ya know?

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 1:05am

no! NO! NOOOOOO!!

NOT THE BANANA!! ANYTHING BUT THE BANANA!!

Actually, isn't the banana is made like that so we would eat them and poop the seeds out in other places?
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 1:15am

PRAISE ALLAH!

dont ask

Anyways, I go to a christian school which is really annoying considering the fact that I dont believe in "god" But I cant really tell anyone that because then I'd probly get kicked out so i get to sit there insainly annoying and I cant say anything about how they're religion is complete B/S

Edited by __sneaky__ - 30 July 2006 at 1:22am
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic