FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann + SpecOps = True

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 6:24pm
yes the evil "S" word is a BIG issue here
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Hella Cool Hella Cool wrote:

Originally posted by Spec.Ops1 Spec.Ops1 wrote:

We (SpecialOps) will do our best to win you guys over.  However, thanks for your feedback.  What we would really appreciate is more specific opinions on why you feel this is either "good" or "Bad" or... "meh..."

Specs Ops isn't that bad dude, but you over-commercialized woodsball. Obviously you have to make money, but when a 12 year old kid thinks he needs to choose a "position" and spend $1000 on gear, thats a problem. Kids rabidly defend you guys and your sniper gear, not accepting reality because they're in your cult.

I totally aggree with him on that. Yes, different grips, stocks, barrels etc will help your game. But does a new player need a Special Ops A5-A2 with a Solid Air-Thru stock, mag, M16 shroud, custom digi-paint, 21'' barrel, R/T , Laser Pointer, and red dot scope to play?

No.

I think Special Ops in headed in the wrong direction. The brigade is a wonderful thing for paintball, but some of the milsim items you offer are wayy out of the question. Milsim is supposed to look cool, but your messages give 12 year olds the idea that you need a cool gun to be at the top of your game. I think Spec Ops could be alot better if you didnt over-commercialize woodsball like Hella Cool said. Spec Ops dosent have too much respect in the more experenced world of woodsball. If you made products that appealed more to long-time woodsball players, and not so much Mil-Sim for newbs I think Spec Ops would be much more respected, and liked.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2006 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

We (SpecialOps) will do our best to win you guys over.  However, thanks for your feedback.  What we would really appreciate is more specific opinions on why you feel this is either "good" or "Bad" or... "meh..."

Specs Ops isn't that bad dude, but you over-commercialized woodsball. Obviously you have to make money, but when a 12 year old kid thinks he needs to choose a "position" and spend $1000 on gear, thats a problem. Kids rabidly defend you guys and your sniper gear, not accepting reality because they're in your cult.

I totally aggree with him on that. Yes, different grips, stocks, barrels etc will help your game. But does a new player need a Special Ops A5-A2 with a Solid Air-Thru stock, mag, M16 shroud, custom digi-paint, 21'' barrel, R/T , Laser Pointer, and red dot scope to play?

No.

I think Special Ops in headed in the wrong direction. The brigade is a wonderful thing for paintball, but some of the milsim items you offer are wayy out of the question. Milsim is supposed to look cool, but your messages give 12 year olds the idea that you need a cool gun to be at the top of your game. I think Spec Ops could be alot better if you didnt over-commercialize woodsball like Hella Cool said. Spec Ops dosent have too much respect in the more experenced world of woodsball. If you made products that appealed more to long-time woodsball players, and not so much Mil-Sim for newbs I think Spec Ops would be much more respected, and liked.

wa he sayd

Forum Vice President
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 2:31am
I dont know alot about spec ops, but I was super happy when they hosted WDR.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
X-Falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X-Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 11:28am
I'm one of the Spec Ops lovers that had been liked here one there forum and I understand your point of view...But have you tested the Longbow or the A-5A2 to say that it's not worth the money?? I'm not blaming anyone here because I'm also a Tippmann fan but everybody (on other forum too) say negative or positive things about a product that they didn't touch.

Spec Ops and Tippmann make awsome product, I'm happy with this alliance and will see what they'll do with it

Thanks
protocoach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocoach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 12:15pm

No.

How do you figure that SpecOps doesn't have much respect in the woodsball world?  It seems like nearly everyone has some of their gear these days.  I know at OK D-Day their tent was flooded every day, and not just by younger players. 
Spec.Ops1 View Drop Down
Spec Ops Co-founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spec.Ops1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Its really the store itself I have troubles with. The one time I ordered from you guys it was a JCS dual trigger. You were one of the only places I could find that sold it and I figured it would be a nice time to cash in on that pod, patch, and free paint from the brigade. Went ahead and ordered, waited 2 weeks, still no product. Called and asked about it(after about 5-10 tries I finally get through to an actual person) and was told very nicely that it would ship the next day. I'm thinking cool, alright. 2 Days later I check to see if its shipped and it hasnt. Once again I am told it will ship next day. 2 days later call again, still hasnt shipped. You guys have very nice customer service people, but I finally gave up and ordered from hotshotpaintball.

May very well have been a 1 time thing, or entirely my fault, but I havent ordered from it since.

Thanks for sharing that experience.  Our rabbid rate of growth made us a mess while we have been playing catch up.  Still we get to be accountable for our lack of reliability to you.  We have gone to great lengths to improve our order fulfillment and I believe we are now where customers expect us to be.   Next time if you want to give us a shot please let me know.  E-mail me personally and I will give you 15% off of any product that you like for giving us a shot.
Spec.Ops1 View Drop Down
Spec Ops Co-founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spec.Ops1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Quick question for you Rory. You said you'd like to hear from us about what we'd like to see come from this, etc. Is there any specific way that you plan on taking in feedback? ie: In this thread, a thread on the specops forum, a specific feedback webpage. Essentially I'm wondering if a player has an idea, question, or suggestion, what's their best bet it'l be heard/ answered?

That's a great question.  Perhaps the mods could start a thread that is specific to this topic of:  What do you want to see out of the (Tippmann/Special Ops) alliance?

We could also start one on Special Ops.

Also may I remind you to all READ the announcements from Tippmann and Special Ops.  I have noticed that many people have questions that are answered in the announcement.

Let's make the most of this relationship and focus on the creation of great stuff.

Edited by Spec.Ops1 - 31 July 2006 at 1:15pm
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 1:43pm

That's a great question.  Perhaps the mods could start a thread that is specific to this topic of:  What do you want to see out of the (Tippmann/Special Ops) alliance?

We could also start one on Special Ops.

Excellent idea.

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Its really the store itself I have troubles with. The one time I ordered from you guys it was a JCS dual trigger. You were one of the only places I could find that sold it and I figured it would be a nice time to cash in on that pod, patch, and free paint from the brigade. Went ahead and ordered, waited 2 weeks, still no product. Called and asked about it(after about 5-10 tries I finally get through to an actual person) and was told very nicely that it would ship the next day. I'm thinking cool, alright. 2 Days later I check to see if its shipped and it hasnt. Once again I am told it will ship next day. 2 days later call again, still hasnt shipped. You guys have very nice customer service people, but I finally gave up and ordered from hotshotpaintball.

May very well have been a 1 time thing, or entirely my fault, but I havent ordered from it since.

Thanks for sharing that experience.  Our rabbid rate of growth made us a mess while we have been playing catch up.  Still we get to be accountable for our lack of reliability to you.  We have gone to great lengths to improve our order fulfillment and I believe we are now where customers expect us to be.   Next time if you want to give us a shot please let me know.  E-mail me personally and I will give you 15% off of any product that you like for giving us a shot.

Thanks alot.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 2:56pm
The invasion has started.

?
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 3:26pm
I thought that all the special ops brigade sigs was considered advertiving, and that it would be removed and a sttike given, a guess now that will no longer be the case. correct?

Never really cared about special ops mostly cause I dont play woodsball. Hey, whatever rubs your budda.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 3:35pm
Correct.  SpecOps now gets an advertising exception - at least within reason.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 5:40pm
yaay sounds good to me
NEXUS REX View Drop Down
Spec. Ops Representative

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEXUS REX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:07pm

I totally agree with him on that. Yes, different grips, stocks, barrels etc will help your game. But does a new player need a Special Ops A5-A2 with a Solid Air-Thru stock, mag, M16 shroud, custom digi-paint, 21'' barrel, R/T , Laser Pointer, and red dot scope to play?

No.

I have an opposing position!

I have worked for Special Ops from nearly the beginning and Special Ops has NEVER, as a whole, been a proponent of milsim gear. The couple of minor milsim-ish mods we manufacture are greatly outnumbered by the primarily functional mods we produce.

Special Ops' primary focus HAS ALWAYS BEEN FUNCTIONALITY, and specifically, functionality for the woods. Take a look at the following mods/concepts:

Air Thru - Lightens gun, quicker response and targeting

Dogleg Stock - Ingenuitve, great for woodsball, purely functional

Flattop Rail - Allows low-profile attachment of weaver sights

A-5a2 Foregrip - Adds ergonomic and solid standard rifle feel

Stovepipe Hopper Offset - Clears line of sight for better accuracy

Action Ghillie - Customizable camouflage for nearly any terrain

Q-Bow Kit - Extremely low profile, lightning fast, and versatile

T2W - Benefits of a stock for accuracy, lightens gun by moving air to back

Paintball Sniper - Touchy concept to say the least. The fact is, Special Ops is not delusional, and we don't believe that a paintball sniper is somebody who shoots from a long distance with deadly precision, as a traditional military sniper would do. Read our articles... a paintball sniper is rather a player who uses ghillie and improved accuracy (through ergonomics, clear sight-line, low profile, etc.) to ambush other players.

I have to run... but more of my thoughts to come soon...

Edited by NEXUS REX - 31 July 2006 at 7:10pm
TRAVIS CABLE - SPECIAL OPS PAINTBALL
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:12pm
^^thats possible the best counter argument ive ever seen from a spec ops guy. the most ive seen from others is, we're not milsim because we said so. that was actually good though man, seriously 
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:13pm
Uh oh.  I smell trouble.  We need to learn to get along or the Spec Ops guys need to stay in their forum and we will stay in ours.  No need for a pointless war between two forums, just because the owners of the forums think it is a good idea to get together.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:16pm

no ones fighting, they're having a civilized arguement to this point. both have logical explanations for they're words, and i commend that

edit- besides, none of the spec ops guys who've been here in the past few days have caused issues, so whats the big deal?

Edited by GI JOES SON - 31 July 2006 at 7:19pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:22pm
NEXUS REX I'd just like to warn you know, If you stay around long you might wanna tone down the whole sniper Spec Ops thing... It WONT go over well.

Forum Vice President
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

no ones fighting, they're having a civilized arguement to this point. both have logical explanations for they're words, and i commend that

edit- besides, none of the spec ops guys who've been here in the past few days have caused issues, so whats the big deal?

They aren't fighting at this point, but if the forums "mix", I guarantee there will be many non-civilized arguments. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic