FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann + SpecOps = True

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

no ones fighting, they're having a civilized arguement to this point. both have logical explanations for they're words, and i commend that

edit- besides, none of the spec ops guys who've been here in the past few days have caused issues, so whats the big deal?

They aren't fighting at this point, but if the forums "mix", I guarantee there will be many non-civilized arguments. 
True but I sence more spec ops guys to come and I sence BIG arguments to come along with them
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:43pm

^^they said the two forums would remain separate, and besides thats why we have mods and IP bans, for all those people

plus if we looked them up by their 'track progress' thing they all seem to have in their sigs, chances are they'll get banned from spec ops too, so that would be motivation to not do anything dumb. besides, im sure there are mostly good guys over there, just like we have guys like mbro and choop,brihard and styro.

edit- if we remain cool, calm and courteous, chances are they will do the same

Edited by GI JOES SON - 31 July 2006 at 7:45pm
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:54pm

^^they said the two forums would remain separate, and besides thats why we have mods and IP bans, for all those people

plus if we looked them up by their 'track progress' thing they all seem to have in their sigs, chances are they'll get banned from spec ops too, so that would be motivation to not do anything dumb. besides, im sure there are mostly good guys over there, just like we have guys like mbro and choop,brihard and styro.

edit- if we remain cool, calm and courteous, chances are they will do the same

Or so we hope...
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 8:14pm
i have the utmost confidence in out mods to perform their tasks of delegating strikes and any other necessary actions. so even if they do cause any trouble, im not worried.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 8:31pm
its pretty cool that they merged...i like spec ops for keeping my games played on it. 

NEXUS REX View Drop Down
Spec. Ops Representative

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEXUS REX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 8:56pm
We're pretty calm guys over at Special Ops. I don't think we need any arguments, I'm just reflecting aloud here...

Where I was going with my last post is that whatever Special Ops thinks it is, is not necessarily what it is.

What Special Ops really is, is what you all think it is!

Deep, I know, but if Special Ops isn't getting the message across that we are woodsball for woodsball, then we have failed somewhere and will certainly try to clarify our vision in the future.

Special Ops is deeply devoted to woodsball primarily and paintball as a whole. The best way to really know who we are, and what we're about is to read all our articles and take each one with a grain of salt, after all, they're based on opinions, and not everybody at Special Ops always agrees with everything we do. We are as diverse as any college campus or the USA as a whole.

==========
Continuing on with my previous topic, Special Ops = Milsim or Special Ops = Woodsball:

Special Ops really only makes three products that I would consider milsim. Those are:

F.O.G. Foregrips - Durable military style forgrip with optional weaver rails

MP Mag - Realistic looking MP-5 style magazine (which technically is functional if used to house a Palmer stabilizer)

MP-5 SD Shroud - Realistic looking MP-5SD style shroud that clamps over front of A-5

Aside from those three products, I would like to understand how anybody has come to associate Special Ops with milsim in an effort to avoid that undesirable (in my opinion) outcome.

So please, chime in and enlighten me!
TRAVIS CABLE - SPECIAL OPS PAINTBALL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by NEXUS REX NEXUS REX wrote:

I don't think we need any arguments, I'm just reflecting aloud here...

Aside from those three products, I would like to understand how anybody has come to associate Special Ops with milsim in an effort to avoid that undesirable (in my opinion) outcome.

part one, i agree 100% with

the second thing, its just a general thing around here, most people dont like milsim some do, its just an opinion that people feel strongly about, basically they think its stupid to run around picturing yourself as a SWAT team member or something. but again, its just a view point thats expressed deeply, there are people here who do like it. i personally dont like it all that much, but i dont scream it at the top of my lungs like some people do, but i dont mind that its around. its just another part of paintball, im cool with that

the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 9:25pm
hmmmmmm nifty
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
NEXUS REX View Drop Down
Spec. Ops Representative

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEXUS REX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 9:35pm

Originally posted by NEXUS REX NEXUS REX wrote:

I don't think we need any arguments, I'm just reflecting aloud here...

part one, i agree 100% with

the second thing, its just a general thing around here, most people dont like milsim some do, its just an opinion that people feel strongly about, basically they think its stupid to run around picturing yourself as a SWAT team member or something. but again, its just a view point thats expressed deeply, there are people here who do like it. i personally dont like it all that much, but i dont scream it at the top of my lungs like some people do, but i dont mind that its around. its just another part of paintball, im cool with that

My confussion though, is how did Special Ops become associated with milsim? Most of us at Special Ops agree that it is silly to add unnessesary weight and accessories to your marker and look like a SWAT team member (see Opsgear).

Special Ops is all about woodsball, ergonomics, control enhancements, etc., etc. NOT milsim! Though we understand that many people do like milsim and we are not about alienating those individuals either.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 10:24pm

for me the main reason is the fact you guys give a position, like heavy gunner or something and then suggest all these insane upgrades, and people usually get the stocks and mags and stuff to go with it.

NEXUS REX View Drop Down
Spec. Ops Representative

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEXUS REX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 10:39pm
Yes, but the stocks are functional, and we don't recommend the mags or any of the milsim stuff on the positions. It's all functional gear that can help improve your performance.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 12:32am
I'd have to say its based on the fact that you mention "Mil-sim" in 142 of the product descriptions.

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/category.asp?SEARCH= mil-sim

If the site calls it that, I'd have to say its considered milsim.

Edited by You Wont See Me - 01 August 2006 at 12:33am
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
NEXUS REX View Drop Down
Spec. Ops Representative

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEXUS REX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 1:00am
True enough, but those are not Special Ops products. Those are merely offered for sale in our online store. I do see how that could be a little misleading, but it's obvious that we don't make those products.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic