Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why do people say driving a manual = fun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

My friend in vancouver drives a newer Mazda. I really like how their shifting works. Have it do it for you, or you can do it. You can switch while driving, etc. Very nicely done.

That's how all of these are.
darkSIDEofMOON View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Language/Disrespect 9/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkSIDEofMOON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 2:50am
Originally posted by 636andy636. 636andy636. wrote:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/00celica.htm
"GT-S models have a 180 horsepower 1.8 litre four cylinder powerplant and a standard six-speed manual transmission, or optional 'E-shift' automatic transmission with manual shifting buttons on the steering wheel."

My parents mazda six with auto transmission even has a manual shift mode.

it is not a true paddle shifting car.  these are just autos with some buttons that allow you to up shift and down shift...kinda.  these are comparable to having an auto stick with maybe 1-3 other shift points and you are able to move into those.  these auto-button shifters don't shift fast enough, or allow you to hold into a gear because they automatically will down or up shift for you. 

now true paddle shifting cars, like Ferrari's shift just 100thousandths of a second slower than F1 cars and they do not automatically down or up shift for you.  true paddle shifters improve performance.  a person with a Celica button shifter would easliy get their butts handed to them by a person with a normal manual.

there is a difference between true paddles and automatics with buttons.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2006 at 2:52am
i like my automatic. less work for me, just romp on the gas and go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic