Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help! max velocity of 220fps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
80deuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80deuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help! max velocity of 220fps
    Posted: 25 July 2006 at 6:04pm

Tippmann A5 @2months old

Help a noob out,

I just recently switched from CO2 to compressed air tank. I purchased a Pure Energy 68/4500 high pressure tank and on a remote line. My problem is with the new tank the max velocity i can get is about 210-220 fps.  Keeping everything the same and putting the co2 tank on it shoots 290-300.  I have tried 2 different compressed air tanks and both are shooting exactly the same.

My question is wtf am i doing wrong?  Are there more parts i need to purchase to run on compressed air? 

All internals of the gun are original and the only custom work i have done was removing the cyclone feed and switching to a qloader( i love it).  If you need any more info or pics i will be more than happy to send/post em.  Going crazy trying to figure this out

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 6:22pm
Have you actually tried adjusting your velocity?
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
80deuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80deuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 7:15pm

Velocity screw almost all the way in, all the way out, in the middle. only makes about +-10 fps difference

can adjust it just fine with co2 in, but for some reason the adjustments make no difference with the nitro tank hooked up

Edited by 80deuce - 25 July 2006 at 7:16pm
daniero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 7:17pm
You bought... this? or this? of course you said high pressure tank, but just to make it clear...

It shouldn't be a problem, unless you bought a low pressure output tank and not having a LPK on your marker.
tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 9:02pm
sometimes the tanks used to fill hpa tanks aren't actually high enough pressure themselves to fill n2 tanks resulting in "cheap fill." get your tank filled back up and (assuming it has a working guage) see if the pressure is actually anywhere near 4000. i had the same problem when my proshop was filling mine to a measley 2500-3000... on a 68-4500 as well.
Tippmann 98 Custom
Psycho Ballistics X-Chamber
P.B. Drop Forward
Polished internals
Lapco Bigshot 12"
Macro Line
Rufus Dog Double Trigger
Dye Stickies
Polished Receiver Halves
80deuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80deuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 10:03pm

http://www.countysports.com/shop/product.php?productid=16287 &cat=299&page=2  this is the tank i bought.

and this is the 2nd tank i tried: http://www.countysports.com/shop/product.php?productid=3747& amp;cat=299&page=2

the tank that works like it should is a 20oz co2 tank. nothing fancy

thx for the help so far. nice to get responses

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by 80deuce 80deuce wrote:

Tippmann A5 @2months old

Help a noob out,

I just recently switched from CO2 to compressed air tank. I purchased a Pure Energy 68/4500 high pressure tank and on a remote line. My problem is with the new tank the max velocity i can get is about 210-220 fps.  Keeping everything the same and putting the co2 tank on it shoots 290-300.  I have tried 2 different compressed air tanks and both are shooting exactly the same.

My question is wtf am i doing wrong?  Are there more parts i need to purchase to run on compressed air? 

All internals of the gun are original and the only custom work i have done was removing the cyclone feed and switching to a qloader( i love it).  If you need any more info or pics i will be more than happy to send/post em.  Going crazy trying to figure this out

There is a fix that involves grind away a lip around the hole in the face of the tombstone. It was posted about 2-3 weeks ago.

Okay, I found it...just for you.

FIXED ! LOW VELOCITY PROB A5 MUST READ!!!

PM your direct email to me, not the forum email, and I'll forward the pictures Rick sent to me.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 25 July 2006 at 10:28pm
80deuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80deuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 4:34am
was kind of hoping i wouldnt have to grind away any part of my gun to switch over to compressed air, but ill check it out. thanks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:15pm

Originally posted by 80deuce 80deuce wrote:

was kind of hoping i wouldnt have to grind away any part of my gun to switch over to compressed air, but ill check it out. thanks

Then send it back to Tippmann with a full explanation and see if they can fix it!

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 6:54pm
get a maddman spring kit.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

get a maddman spring kit.

Yes, that is probably the first best solution. Don't revert to grinding until after you find if a stronger spring could fix the problem.

80deuce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80deuce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 3:32am

Installed a maddman spring and velocity jumped up to 240fps.  Now for the wierd part.  I removed my remote line and put the original line back in.  Gun is working with normal velocity with both Co2 and with the nitro tank. 

My question now is why would a remote line that is rated to 3000 psi interfere with the guns operation in this manner?  Also any recomendations on a new remote line? the current one i have is: http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/S tore/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=pRn72UlEvo P7rw2JCkI7cUOQGuojQ8j1psw=?ProductID=M7CsFAY7aWkAAAD3nHalA_2 t

Thanks again for any help

daghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 6:38am

Your remote line was probably the problem there is a post on pbnation about the same kind of problem with the remote line starving the gun some remote lines work better with co2 than compressed air reasons for this are many try a 32 degrees thats what I run with never had a problem. Try getting one without a slide check I have heard that this feature tends to starve a gun unless your running a LPK

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic