Poll Question: Which of the following give better accuracy
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [50.00%]
2 [20.00%]
3 [30.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Zoom2136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoom2136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatlines - which is more accurate
    Posted: 20 July 2006 at 12:17pm

Their is a mod available from Underground Mod Shop (UMS) that combines the 98 Flatline and A-5 Flatline. Basically you end up with a 98 Flatline that looks (and fit) exactly like the A-5 Flatline except that it is slightly longer. I was wondering if some of you have used BOTH barrel system and can give a FIRST HAND appraisal of each strength and weaknesses... so fire away...

I included the APEX even if it is not a Flatline as it intended function is basically the same...

Edited by Zoom2136 - 27 July 2006 at 2:19pm
In the market for a new A5
- sold mine last year :o(
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 12:18pm
I have used the Apex and fired a 98c flatline, and i think the apex is better.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 12:53pm
I've used all three, I own the A-5 Flatline and I think it's the best out of the the three... It's all based on the paint match though with the Flatline...
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 1:07pm
I'd say the Apex.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:03pm
If all the paints matched properly, and the air source is consistant, they'll all be about the same.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Zoom2136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoom2136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:35pm

My air source is (will be) very consistant... I have an Air America Appocallipse 2K (fully adj.) tank and will install a Springer Paintball Modified LPK with a female palmer reg...

My previous A5 setup had a stock LPK, same tank and a Bob Long Torpedo reg and it was great...but bulky...

Edited by Zoom2136 - 20 July 2006 at 2:36pm
killswitch43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killswitch43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:37pm
Are you talking paint-to-barrel match?  There's no way you can find a paintball that will match the Flatline's bore size. 

In fact, the smaller the paintball the better the Flatline generally works.

The Flatline gives the ball spin by creating a cushion of air under the paintball in the barrel and by having the paintball touch the rough, inner surface of the top of the barrel to spin it backwards.

PPS Blazer
Dye Matrix LCD
Bullpup A5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:39pm
Yes, so properly matched paint for a flatline is small bore... I didnt say use the blow test.

Properly matched=best paint for that barrel
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Zoom2136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoom2136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 2:45pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Yes, so properly matched paint for a flatline is small bore... I didnt say use the blow test.

Properly matched=best paint for that barrel

Flatlines are paint picky barrels... and they don't all like the same size or brand... so good paint to barrel match = best paint for a given Flatline

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2006 at 3:15pm
yes....best paint for that barrel.....

You guys act like I know nothing abou thte flatline. My younger brother owns one So I do all the maitnence and adjusting on it.

Its not all that picky on paint, but the better the paint the better it performs. My brother shoots $30/2000 CORE paint throughit without problems on most days. Sometimes he has a break but thats easily cleaned.

Edited by You Wont See Me - 20 July 2006 at 3:15pm
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic